Sunderland at DW | Page 12 | Vital Football

Sunderland at DW

That’s crap every team should want to win.
In an ideal world ...yes.
But we don't live in an ideal world.

Also, Leam isn't the first Wigan Manager to do it.
Who can forget Gary Caldwell's 4-0 drubbing at Bury in the 2015/16 FA Cup 1st round?
Seem to remember us doing quite well that season... 😉

We were given a football lesson tonight for sure.
No passion from the team and fans. This showed me that the Sunderland squad has a lot more talent in-depth than Wigan have with only 3 players on the field that started last Saturday for them.

And what about the fans that bothered to turn up at £15 a pop do they not matter?

Whether we would have won the competition or not, you cannot defend that performance, the fans were ripped off tonight and have every right to be angry!
That's the risk you run with cup games.
Been stung myself a few times over the years.

C'est la vie...

We were given a football lesson tonight for sure.
No passion from the team and fans. This showed me that the Sunderland squad has a lot more talent in-depth than Wigan have with only 3 players on the field that started last Saturday for them.
Their "super talented" squad blew a 2-0 lead at the weekend, so maybe they're not so super talented after all...🤔

You seriously comparing the FA Cup to the League Cup..??? 😳😳😳

not talking about the caliber of the competition.
i‘m talking about the stupid, predictable response from people like you to any cup loss.
An insult to the fans who paid good money to see a competitive game.
A good chance to get a money boosting draw against 1 of the big boys.
every game is worth winning.

That's the risk you run with cup games.
Been stung myself a few times over the years.

C'est la vie...

I paid £15 in good faith that LR and the team picked would give it a go especially after the start we made, toothless performances like that are never going to keep the casuals interested.

I feel cheated tonight and i bet others do to, i hope the players and manager are proud of themselves.

ExiledViking is normally a decent poster but is having an absolute stinker on this thread tonight. Posting every 2 minutes to try and justify your opinion doesn't make it a correct one either. Go to bed mate.

not talking about the caliber of the competition.
i‘m talking about the stupid, predictable response from people like you to any cup loss.
An insult to the fans who paid good money to see a competitive game.
A good chance to get a money boosting draw against 1 of the big boys.
every game is worth winning.
Not really, it's called being realistic.
We won the FA Cup as a Premier League team.
In the modern era, no team outside the top 2 tiers has EVER won a major trophy...

ExiledViking is normally a decent poster but is having an absolute stinker on this thread tonight. Posting every 2 minutes to try and justify your opinion doesn't make it a correct one either. Go to bed mate.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And just because YOU don't like my opinion DOESN'T make it wrong, either... 😉

As the old saying goes...
Opinions are like Arseholes ...We all have 1... 👍

Last edited:
Their "super talented" squad blew a 2-0 lead at the weekend, so maybe they're not so super talented after all...🤔

Bad 10 mins at the office perhaps?

Their "super talented" squad and their reserve squad have won both games they've come up against Wigan, and tonight it was so one-sided it was untrue. Its also worth noting that Wigan, Wycombe & MK Dons have all only lost one league game each this season, and its against Sunderland. I suspect that any club who finishes above Sunderland this season will be L1 champions.

Tonight showed us nothing.
Leam wasn't bothered, and for all we know, he might've told them to take it easy.

Won't be losing any sleep over it, that's for sure...
Sounds like sour grapes to me. What about all the fans who paid good money to watch this game. If that was the case why should anyone be supporting the lads at all? We’re hardly the likes of Man U et al are we?

I’m still so bitterly disappointed that we played so pathetically last night.
yes, it was a weaker team, but it’s a team that should be able to hold its own in league one. Nobody, bar Tilt, showed any passion. That bench was ridiculous- reserve them youth players for the papa John games.

Set my alarm early this morning so that I'd have time to come on here and move the inevitable "off topic" posts after a defeat before I have to start work. Thankfully there weren't too many this time.
Please play nicely - even when emotions are running high - respect each other, respect other peoples opinions even if you disagree with them, and think about your poor admin chap who would rather comment on the game but has the will sapped out of him and can't be arsed by the time he's moved some posts around.

Are you for real?
Playing United's 4th string on a midweek night and losing, would be far more damaging than losing tonight...

You really think that EV...losing to a 4th string Utd more damaging than losing to your current league rivals 🤔🤔....as to the MASSIVE over reaction from posters....it's hardly that is it - from what I've read & posted it's more a case of lack of effort, fight or determination that has been the issue. I'd like to have seen us progress & maybe get a glam tie but to just go out with a wimper is what's annoying. So many players with a point to prove to LR but you wouldn't have thot so with that performance...as to Massey, think I've said enough if previous post but suffice to say won't be arsed if I don't see him play for us again....

Remember that these players have hardly played a game together, we were all concerned about the team "gelling" at the start of the season, but the fears were unfounded, this is the opposite end of the scale where we had a team of strangers playing together and a couple of youth players getting much needed experience.
If/ when we do get injuries and suspensions we will not be making wholesale changes and one or two of these players will be coming into a team that has been playing together and so will have time to fit in without too much disruption.
In short, don't panic for one extremely poor game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, game time was the important thing for some of these players. For others it was a chance for Leam to assess them

Bad 10 mins at the office perhaps?

Their "super talented" squad and their reserve squad have won both games they've come up against Wigan, and tonight it was so one-sided it was untrue. Its also worth noting that Wigan, Wycombe & MK Dons have all only lost one league game each this season, and its against Sunderland. I suspect that any club who finishes above Sunderland this season will be L1 champions.

Talal better get the champagne on ice then.