Hughton Out | Page 9 | Vital Football

Hughton Out

It was scandalous he had to play bong this season. Felt so much better yday not seeing him on the pitch

We give cafu a perm contract and few months later can't make the squad . O so typical of our great planning.

I saw the new Brazilian centre half in the car park yesterday. Frank Clark and mcgovern were there as was Randall. Surely they are making their voices heard about this fucking mess.
Maybe Frank would prefer to sit in the dugout this season.

You would have thought if there was going to be a change it would have happened by now. Particularly if CH was going to be replaced by either John Terry of Wilder.
If Dane Murphy was in control of management at Barnsley, it does appear he is not afraid to appoint relatively unknown (to us in the UK) foreign managers. These will take more time to get in due to paperwork and COVID. Is that the reason why there hasn't been a change yet?

It doesn't matter if anyone is appointed or not. There is no manager that exists that can substantially turn Nottingham Forest FC around.

Any idea as to who this replacement is?

As long as it isn’t that scumbag John Terry I don’t care who it is at this point. I couldn’t put it into words how much I despise that prick, I feel physically sick at the thought of his fucking face anywhere near the city ground.
I’ve always hated him , and would have to totally switch off from Forest if it happened.
I’d be a hypocrite otherwise and two faced, I couldn’t put my feelings aside to support my club - and if that’s a flaw or a weakness on my part then so be it. Fuck it !

As long as it isn’t that scumbag John Terry I don’t care who it is at this point. I couldn’t put it into words how much I despise that prick, I feel physically sick at the thought of his fucking face anywhere near the city ground.
I’ve always hated him , and would have to totally switch off from Forest if it happened.
I’d be a hypocrite otherwise and two faced, I couldn’t put my feelings aside to support my club - and if that’s a flaw or a weakness on my part then so be it. Fuck it !

mate - that opinion is about the only thing that isn’t flawed about you

mate - that opinion is about the only thing that isn’t flawed about you

I’m sure there’s a compliment in there somewhere. But seriously I’m done if he turns up here. I hope the board after their many fuck ups, do the right thing and get someone like Wilder in.

Wilders strong enough to turn this around. Whip them up in to a frenzy. Would love Wilder to come in. Plays some exciting football on a shoestring

Sheffield United are a circus behind the scenes too and he still got a tune out of them

All I would say about all this talk of “nobody can manage Forest”… we have appointed utter dross for years. Take Hughton out the equation for a minute and how many managers who’ve left Forest have gone on to do anything of note in the last decade?

Davies - no club since
McClaren - One decent spell at Derby
Cotterill - lower league manager
O’Driscoll - sacked by another championship club/lower league manager.
McCleish - nothing of note.
Pearce - no club managed since.
Freedman - no club managed since.
Montanier - nothing of note.
Warburton - Average at QPR
Karanka - sacked by Birmingham.
O’Neill - no club since.
Lamouchi - left/sacked by latest club.

My point with this is, rather than us just being cursed, maybe we just continually appoint dross who aren’t up to it. Hughton is the exception given his CV but maybe he just doesn’t fit.

I hope if we actually bother to do our due diligence when we appoint our next coach and it’s in line with our player recruitment strategy, then we might actually see some success.

Assuming it does happen there is Wilder and Steve Cooper available with no issue of having to pay off a club. So watch us hire some unknown European…

Out of that list I'd say Dougie was absolutely deserving of another job He was actually one of the more successful managers we've had, given the circumstances and what he actually achieved whilst he was here. It wasn't pretty, but it was miles ahead of what we're getting now.

I’d say Dougie probably had a very similar team to this one in terms of quality… certainly when he took over in his first year. Second season Hughton has a better squad.

I didn’t like Freedman and perhaps his underdog attitude made me dislike him, but he’s one that having heard the Fawaz stories, his health and the situation at the club at the time…. And of course comparing it to this shambles, I’ve reflected on and concluded he did an above average job.