The World Cup Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

100% discipline them

And they would still get on the plane saying they have every right to play for their country…and when they return you’ve got two pissed off players on your books. You can discipline them as much as you want…solves nothing in this particular situation, just makes it even worse.

And they would still get on the plane saying they have every right to play for their country…and when they return you’ve got two pissed off players on your books. You can discipline them as much as you want…solves nothing in this particular situation, just makes it even worse.
You asked me what i'd do.
Now we have "happy" players who know they can do what they want. We are Aston Villa FC for FFS. The sooner we start acting like a big club the better
(the big clubs call the shots not the players , especially uncapped players)

Fcuk me .
Are people actually surprised that players hold the power in the game. Where have you been for the last 20 years plus?
ManUtd as just one example have absolutely no problem controlling their players and when they do and don't go.
We let our record signing walk all over us and he doesn't even play or get on the bench. I'd rather these lads knuckle down at Villa and help us after a difficult start . If Buendia jets off again in October to not make the bench again it will be very frustrating

You asked me what i'd do.
Now we have "happy" players who know they can do what they want. We are Aston Villa FC for FFS. The sooner we start acting like a big club the better
(the big clubs call the shots not the players , especially uncapped players)

We are a big club, always have been, always will be no matter how much you criticise Silhil and we're currently acting as a big club moreso than we have done for as long as I can remember. And as for player power....they hold all the bloody shots and have done for years!

100% discipline them

On what basis and for a breach of what contract clause?

Congrats, we now have two very important and saleable players totally pissed off and 150% entitled to void their contract for unfair treatment based on our arbitrary and non contractual punishment of them, and they could claim discrimination and effectively constructive dismissal as well to hold us to our end of the agreed contract.

On what basis and for a breach of what contract clause?

Congrats, we now have two very important and saleable players totally pissed off and 150% entitled to void their contract for unfair treatment based on our arbitrary and non contractual punishment of them, and they could claim discrimination and effectively constructive dismissal as well to hold us to our end of the agreed contract.
oh sounds like you have read the contracts then clause by clause.
It's a fair point though as that side of things will come down to what is written down and signed. Equally the contract could work in our favour.

oh sounds like you have read the contracts then clause by clause

No, just a logical guess that all call ups are at the beck and whim of the international side (even to simply assess injury) therefore there will not be a single contractual clause in a players contract dealing with punishment for attending an international call up.

Ipsofacto - there is not a single clause to latch a punishment to.

It'd be like the Council trying to fine me for having a wank in the bathroom.

We have two players who are at the start of what could be long international careers, two players who know the club are supportive of their international dreams. Now it seems to me that having two such players on the books is better than having two pissed off players, seeking transfers, on the books. Not only are these two players more inclined to give their best week in week out but, the more successful international football they play the more they build their transfer value, not only that but, other players with international dreams will be more likely to accept a move to Villa knowing their dreams will be supported. All in all I'd say it works out as a win win situation.

. All in all I'd say it works out as a win win situation.
apart from on the pitch for AVFC maybe , which is what i thought this game was all about . Like i said look forward to October when they both jet off again nice beaming selfies on a private jet , lets hope we have a few more points on the baord by then

One minute we're cursing the arrogance and selfishness of the Premier League and the Twat Six, and then all of a sudden they're our inspiration and role model.

We ARE Aston Villa FC. We're not bigger than FIFA and the Argentina national side, and no club should be.

Perhaps we should start our own league with games in quarters, bigger goals, no relegation and Extra Time Multi-Ball.

My god silhill you really have swallowed a bottle full of misery pills haven't you?
Nope. I 100% disagree with the way things have unfolded here . Honestly i cannot believe the cold hard facts are being missed here , it really is farcical. Timeline -
1. players jet off to a RED list country
2. Club release retrospective statement confirming the players are going for 2 games
3. AFC manager states players are there for 3 games
4. Match abandoned in Sao Paolo, Villa players at risk of arrest
5. Players leave red zone and now have to self isolate in Croatia
6. Buendia doesn't even make the bench in either game

Absolute farce but no way can we criticise AVFC or the players

Nope. I 100% disagree with the way things have unfolded here . Honestly i cannot believe the cold hard facts are being missed here , it really is farcical. Timeline -
1. players jet off to a RED list country
2. Club release retrospective statement confirming the players are going for 2 games
3. AFC manager states players are there for 3 games
4. Match abandoned in Sao Paolo, Villa players at risk of arrest
5. Players leave red zone and now have to self isolate in Croatia
6. Buendia doesn't even make the bench in either game

Only no. 2 on that list is within our control.

Nope. I 100% disagree with the way things have unfolded here . Honestly i cannot believe the cold hard facts are being missed here , it really is farcical.

Then why in the name of the great fuck are you so intent on punishing the two players. Your posts are contradicting each other.

All correct but also assumptions.
Precedent set mate Camden Council - George Michael

Assumptions yes, but no contract will have a term for something totally out of the clubs control - this wouldn't even get caught by 'disrepute'.

And I meant my bathroom smart arse lol