The World Cup Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Have you read this and the other international threads? Shamima Begum supports England more than half the posters on here.
Nothing to do with that mate but why have a vote then ignore it, just pointless.
We'd be going mad if it was any other club than ours doing their own thing.
As it's Villa we have to make excuses for them because our club is perfect

Follow what the PL clubs voted for mate ie not to release players to red list destinations, it's not hard if they all stick together but in typical British style we'll have a vote and then do our won thing if we don't agree with it.
No, we have to look for loopholes like it's not legally binding or the Argentines are more patriotic than us and it means more to them to play for their country.
Absolute bollocks, you sit them down and say sorry lads we'd like you to stay here but no we don't have the balls, because players hold all the cards at clubs like ours

No again, because we have absolutely no power to deny a call up. We can't rewrite the rules like the PL tried to do.

well you can if you are the rest of the prem league teams (bar spurs)

Irrelevant if FIFA follow through with action based on complaining countries.

I'm assuming Dougie was in the same boat as Richarlison re the Olympics and thats why Brazil don't seem to have a problem there.

Irrelevant if FIFA follow through with action based on complaining countries.

I'm assuming Dougie was in the same boat as Richarlison re the Olympics and thats why Brazil don't seem to have a problem there.

it's somewhat relevant but anyway the sanction for blocking callups if not smoothed over with the various FAs :
- can't play during the International window plus an additional 5 days after

yep that serious - could have resulted in us missing those two for erm - hang on

anyway we go again in about 4 weeks so more fun

If only our players were all as committed as Marvelous there wouldn't have been a problem, stayed safe with the hand that feeds him

Lots of guessing and what ifs.

However, last week it emerged that some Premier League clubs could be stopped from picking players for their next game after complaints about their failure to release them for World Cup qualifiers.

Like I said earlier. Damned if we do damned if we don't.

If only our players were all as committed as Marvelous there wouldn't have been a problem, stayed safe with the hand that feeds him

Yes agree but surely this highlights how any blame you want to lay is squarely on the players not the club. It’s not a question of in some eyes Villa can’t be criticised, in this instance it’s player power, player insensitivity, player arrogance call it what you want but that’s not the club’s fault…the club can do sod all if those said players are hell bent on travelling anyway.

Yep, will always stick up the club in most situations, I think that’s what most ‘supporters’ tend to do. Will criticise when I think it’s fair and reasonable. Much prefer to do that rather than constantly talking the club down. And as for your point above. What exactly has them hotfooting it out of Brazil got to do with AVFC exactly? Blame the players for daring to travel if you want to, no need to talk the club down on this one in my opinion but you seem to do it constantly tbh so perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised.
Follow what the Prem League said . Absolute bollocks we let the players call the shots

it's somewhat relevant but anyway the sanction for blocking callups if not smoothed over with the various FAs :
- can't play during the International window plus an additional 5 days after

yep that serious - could have resulted in us missing those two for erm - hang on

anyway we go again in about 4 weeks so more fun

Which shows how pointless it is, but clubs can't refuse.

The whole thing should be rebalanced in a clubs favour but I think folks have been saying that for the last 40 years.

But again, the PL don't call the shots, neither do the club and had no right to get involved.
Plenty of clubs managed to stop players travelling.

Lets see how the next installment in October is handled, by then i imagine we will be in a position where losing players again will be even more problematic

And for the large part they now have sanctions incoming, unhappy players and potential signings will be questioning if they can meet their ambitions if clubs are willing to so easily totally breach the rules to suit themselves.

In the cases where promises have been made, players will also now be questioning whether those clubs promises are worth the air used to speak them.

This is far far deeper than a black and white issue and I imagine the ramifications are going to be long lasting.