Richard O'Kelly Departs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Richard O'Kelly Departs

Sounds like something behind the scenes. The elbowing out is probably the most likely given that Craig came in and now this set piece guy. Perhaps that was one of O’Kelly’s areas or something like that.

Expected conspiracy meltdown on social media but one comment saying he's taken a youth role but I can't find proof?

There had always been 3 of them wherever Smith had been with O’Kelly and Frank before Villa and O’Kelly and Terry here. You would think someone would come in to replace him. We had that new set piece guru come in. I’m not sure what else that guy does.

Our difficulty is that we don’t really know what he did do. He looked to me like a good character to have around to create good vibes but I suppose we’re trying to get to a new level of professionalism now.

Nah, JT spent 3 years as a coach, he's probably itching to take a big job.

ROKs departure could be for any reason.

We knew JT was, he was just waiting for the right one. His own words in effect, he'll do his little Euro tour after invites/split it with a holiday and I'll be amazed if he's not in job in the second half of the season.

This late in the summer, ROK has either had an offer he can't refuse to be the man in his own right or, it's personal and something unexpected has forced his hand.