Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 264 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

unsuprising. can remember the pelters directed at the minority who argued against eyoma’s benchwarming through feb and march. one of the few anomalies of last season... still cannot compute how poole was selected ahead during that period. as for eyoma, a cracking player.

No thread is safe is it, it's like groundhog day. Eyoma training with the Spurs first team doesn't make him Cafu by the way, just as it didn't when Poole actually got a competitive game for United's first team.

unsuprising. can remember the pelters directed at the minority who argued against eyoma’s benchwarming through feb and march. one of the few anomalies of last season... still cannot compute how poole was selected ahead during that period. as for eyoma, a cracking player.

Funny that because I can remember the pelters Eyoma was getting from keyboard experts early in the season about not getting forward enough at right back.

Maybe Mapp and Co know a bit more about football?

Paul Williams has left Sheffield Wednesday's coaching staff 'for personal reasons' (probably cannot believe what a shambles he joined in March).

Funny that because I can remember the pelters Eyoma was getting from keyboard experts early in the season about not getting forward enough at right back.

Maybe Mapp and Co know a bit more about football?

yes I remember it well. that was from the same posters who then went on to big poole’s attacking ability up as the reason he should start ahead of eyoma.

not from me.

Brennan Johnson seemingly not involved in the Forest friendlies. Wonder if he is off straight away as speculated, or has a knock.

Impressive if he gets a prem move based on a season for us, and encouraging for other loans?

yes I remember it well. that was from the same posters who then went on to big poole’s attacking ability up as the reason he should start ahead of eyoma.

not from me.

Not sure that is an accurate, defensible assessment of who did what when, but I am happy to be proved wrong by a list of posters who 'pelted' Eyoma and then 'went on to big Poole's attacking ability up'.

Of course we all recognise that there is no logical link between player A being attested as behaving a certain way at a certain point in time and player B being attested as behaving in a better or worse way at a different point in time under entirely different circumstances, whether by the same people or different people and therefore the argument (from both sides) being entirely spurious. So I am sure, all of us recognising the illogicality of the positioning within the argument, it is all done in jest anyhow.

Not sure that is an accurate, defensible assessment of who did what when, but I am happy to be proved wrong by a list of posters who 'pelted' Eyoma and then 'went on to big Poole's attacking ability up'.

Of course we all recognise that there is no logical link between player A being attested as behaving a certain way at a certain point in time and player B being attested as behaving in a better or worse way at a different point in time under entirely different circumstances, whether by the same people or different people and therefore the argument (from both sides) being entirely spurious. So I am sure, all of us recognising the illogicality of the positioning within the argument, it is all done in jest anyhow.

I think it probably means me, venturing *when* Poole came into the team that it *might* have been Eyoma's attacking output as to why he wasn't playing every week. I like TJ and he did particularly well at centre half afterwards.

I think it's hard to argue Eyoma or mcgrandles got much criticism.

There are always going to be some criticism of players. I think the vast majority who post on here have a good understanding of what happens on and off the pitch. Is it most, is it some, is it all, does it bloody matter on this ex-Imps discussion thread.

Now any news of former Imps, good, bad or indifferent?

Couldn't think where else to post this, and after all, it is a pic of ex Imps. Came across it while still sorting thro some of my Dad's stuff. The team may be of interest, but also the Sincil Bank terrace, floodlight pylon, and railway bridge are in evidence

Unfortunately have had to reduce quality to be accepted

Attachments

• LCFC 69-70.jpg
    LCFC 69-70.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Couldn't think where else to post this, and after all, it is a pic of ex Imps. Came across it while still sorting thro some of my Dad's stuff. The team may be of interest, but also the Sincil Bank terrace, floodlight pylon, and railway bridge are in evidence

Missing from the photo are Rod Fletcher and John Kennedy - my guess is that they were away doing their schoolteaching jobs.

The photo can also be seen here:

Team Shot 1969-70 – RICT Museum

If I remember correctly you got the photo along with this small plastic shield by saving coupons from packets of Ty-Phoo Tea:

Imp Shield – RICT Museum