Coronavirus | Page 124 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Sorry I thought you meant where's our immunity to covid, to which I answered it is evidenced by the people who are infected with SARS-Cov-2 and test positive but don't develop symptoms.

Our population immunity to the common cold-causing coronaviruses is evidenced by the lack of covid-style outbreaks and resulting excess deaths that would otherwise be caused by these particular coronaviruses, if we had a lack of population immunity to them.

You're just making stuff up.

Please explain?

When you answer the many points above that you have failed to addtess, I'll explain.

You're a typical evidence-free right-wing "libertarian" troll. I'm done with you and anyone reading our exchange will be as well.

When you answer the many points above that you have failed to addtess, I'll explain.

You're a typical evidence-free right-wing "libertarian" troll. I'm done with you and anyone reading our exchange will be as well.
I'm a left-leaning centrist.

I'm sorry I don't share your views on the best way to handle the covid pandemic. :shrug:

Seriously, I'm intrigued on what you know that the entire epidemiological and medical prifession has failed to appreciate.

Good job we didn't listen to you and end up with even more than 128k deaths.
We will never know what would have happened with an alternative strategy, but what we do know is the strategy we employed of lockdowns etc resulted in 128k deaths.

We will never know what would have happened with an alternative strategy, but what we do know is the strategy we employed of lockdowns etc resulted in 128k deaths.

Avoidance. What would your strategy have been? Dazzle us with your geniuos knowledge.

Ah, so anti-TTI and anti-lockdown. So, happy to let the virus rip and 350k deaths based on modelling?

I'm guessing at this point you're a sociopath.

What should we have done?
Focus efforts on protecting those that are actually at an increased risk of covid - e.g the aged, those with co-morbities etc. Stringent measures in places such as hospitals and care homes - using testing and such. The one size fits all approach of lockdowns doesn't save lives because it doesn't take into account who are the at-risk groups in society - it gives a vulnerable person the same chance of catching covid as a young healthy person, even though their outcomes are likely to be very different.

Focus efforts on protecting those that are actually at an increased risk of covid - e.g the aged, those with co-morbities etc. Stringent measures in places such as hospitals and care homes - using testing and such. The one size fits all approach of lockdowns doesn't save lives because it doesn't take into account who are the at-risk groups in society - it gives a vulnerable person the same chance of catching covid as a young healthy person, even though their outcomes are likely to be very different.

So TTI. "Testing and such" as you so scientifically put it. But wait, according to you we are testing to "absurd" levels. So, which is it? You've said TTI doesn't work. So, which is it?

Lock-downs are only necessary if TTI fails. But you don't think we should do TTI. So, which is it?

Frankly, you have literally no idea how to control a pandemic.

Ah, so anti-TTI and anti-lockdown. So, happy to let the virus rip and 350k deaths based on modelling?

I'm guessing at this point you're a sociopath.
Not anti-TTI, I just don't believe it can work when the virus is bloody everywhere. I'm sure it has its uses in certain areas of society.

The great thing about modelling is you can make it say whatever you want it to say based on what you input.

So TTI. "Testing and such" as you so scientifically put it. But wait, according to you we are testing to "absurd" levels. So, which is it? You've said TTI doesn't work. So, which is it?

Lock-downs are only necessary if TTI fails. But you don't think we should do TTI. So, which is it?

It is absurd because we are doing a huge amount of testing across the population compared to other countries but to what end? We still have one of the highest death rates despite having some of the highest testing rates.

Because we can't control nature - we can only react to it. Accept there's a virus going through the population that is deadly to certain members of it and focus efforts on protecting them.

Completely wrong. TTI should be implemented from day 1 across the population. Where it has been, it has been effective.

In this country, we actually stopped doing TTI early in the pandemic and didn't get it running at all until too late. It still isn't working properly nearly 18 months later.

The failure of our TTI is a big part of our high death rate.

This was all known and debated on this thread early in the pandemic.

TTI and lock-downs control spread, save lives and buy time for an exit strategy - vaccines. I'll take almost every epidemiologists word on that over yours, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
5 cases now in ICU
The number of vaccinations is falling all the time, we're losing the battle aren't we?
A prime minister and a government who aren't bothered about us at all.
Another 4 weeks before we hit the summer peak, joy!
This was so avoidable, AGAIN!