England Belongs To Us | Page 3 | Vital Football

England Belongs To Us

Shotshy - "Does anyone else know someone who is openly racist?", unfortunately I have encountered many (bloke at work has just been sacked (quite rightly) for expressing his vile views at work). Only have to listen to some views being expressed in the pub and you know that it's not gone away. There's even a bloke I know who is referred to as "Robbie the Racist".

As I have previously stated, I see it expressed on a daily basis at work.
The guy who I knew/know is a business owner who employs about thirty people.
He openly told me that he would never employ a black or Asian person and would never employ a woman of child baring years in his office.
Quite incredible in this day and age.
His point of view is that he owns the business and he’ll employ who he wants.

Hope everybody is taking note of which posters are coming into a thread called 'England Belongs To Us' and ate choosing to attack the 'hard left' and defend Patel rather than unequivocally condemn those who have been racially abusing our young heroes.

Makes you wonder whether they truly believe that England belongs to all of us.

They might have valid points (though I don't think they so) but even if they do, wouldn't it be better that they kept those thoughts to themselves on this occasion and instead simply condemn the racist abuse?

Do people not think that such arguments provide the racists with more confidence to keep on abusing?
(I don't see why we should play your stuipid game.)

I took time to start reading the article and it starts OK, but about half way through from "George Floyd" onwards, it's clearly just someone using football to promote their hard left, anti-government political agenda.
It seems to be more about taking pot shots that those the bloke doesn't like rather than anything positive or constructive and in fact little about football.
I'd suggest people like this on the hard left are going to do no more to ease division in football and the country
than those they despise.

The vast majority of people "condemn racism".
But a similar "vast majority" experience a massive disconnect between the Twit-storms that get amplified by the media...
...and their "lived experience".
(... which of course the Woke are not allowed to challenge.)

Plenty of us know people of African, Indian (or whatever) heritage.
They do not report racist abuse as a daily occurence (but probably in their lifetime).
They do not all believe they are perpetual "victims".
Difficulties they have experienced are just as likely to be the same difficulties as experienced by people with pale skin.
("wrong" accent, overlooked for promotion, an outsider to the prevailing clique)

So the "problem" is not only massively over-stated - but it is mis-framed as "race" rather than "culture".

And the "solutions" just keep stoking division.
Ethnic monitoring - lumping people into imagined, homogenous "Communities" based on race ?

Asking school children to divide into white and non-white ?

Dismissing the poor outcomes of white, working-class boys - because they are the "wrong sort of victim" ?

Howling down those who disagree with the above "solutions" and observations

The list goes on.

You've brought them all out from under their rocks today, Buddha. Christ, this board is a depressing place to visit these days.
Yes.
"Depressing" when Buddha launches yet another of his twisted, abuse-filled rants - usually interwoven with double-standards, gross generalisations, lack of evidence or distorted "facts".
Depressing indeed !:shake:

Yes.
"Depressing" when Buddha launches yet another of his twisted, abuse-filled rants - usually interwoven with double-standards, gross generalisations, lack of evidence or distorted "facts".
Depressing indeed !:shake:

Strangely enough I didn't mean Buddha.

Although not all of his views accord with my own, he's often closer to the mark than many on here would grant and I'd miss his input if he were to depart.

I cannot say the same for yourself.

Hope everybody is taking note of which posters are coming into a thread called 'England Belongs To Us' and ate choosing to attack the 'hard left' and defend Patel rather than unequivocally condemn those who have been racially abusing our young heroes.
Do you want to do that? You've probably got more time than most.

I've counted 18 different posters. Can you list 1) posters that have attacked the hard left and defended Patel and 2) posters that have unequivocally condemned those who have been racially abusing our young "heroes"

Strangely enough I didn't mean Buddha.

Although not all of his views accord with my own, he's often closer to the mark than many on here would grant and I'd miss his input if he were to depart.

I cannot say the same for yourself.
Would you like me to start making abusing people and make assertions without either reasoning or evidence ?
Sorry but I try hard not to. :halo:

Does anyone else know someone who is openly racist?
I do.
He’s in his early fifties, he’s been openly racist for as long as I’ve known him and he’s unlikely to change because footballers make a three second gesture of dropping to one knee before a march.
The problem is twofold.
Firstly in the real world. Answer, come down on them like a ton of bricks.
Secondly online.
Answer is come down on the platform like a ton of bricks.

Obviously nobody wants your solution. Not because it is not the correct and quickest solution but because it does not suite the interests of many groups.

Divide and rule is required to further their aims or fill their pockets. Dance puppets dance.

I did and do both. Can't we do that and call out division being caused by both far right/racists and hard left/BLM fanatics?

They might have valid points (though I don't think they so) but even if they do, wouldn't it be better that they kept those thoughts to themselves on this occasion and instead simply condemn the racist abuse?

I guess the answer to the above from your point of view is "no" then. You only want the answer and debate which subscribes to your narrative. So, you've opened up a thread to encourage debate and just want everyone to agree with you! Nice to know that cancel culture is alive and well!

I did and do both. Can't we do that and call out division being caused by both far right/racists and hard left/BLM fanatics?

I guess the answer to the above from your point of view is "no" then. You only want the answer and debate which subscribes to your narrative. So, you've opened up a thread to encourage debate and just want everyone to agree with you! Nice to know that cancel culture is alive and well!

Nope, you carry on. I told you earlier, I don't agree with you but I appreciate your input.

You ain't being openly racist so just crack on with offering your opinions. Nobody wants to cancel you, Steve. You express your foul opinions very well.

It would not be ungenerous to suggest that Natalie Elphicke reserve her advice and judgements for Charlie Elphicke

Yor defence of her (if that is what it was) would be funny if it wasn'r sick. Take away any distortion of what the MP said, the actual words were bad enough.

Someone asked what she wrote so all I did was post up the actual quote and point out that CarerKate had misquoted. I've not actually expressed a view as to whether the original or edited translation of the quote is something worth getting shocked or angry over.

And if "the actual words were bad enough" then why distort the quote?

Why why why is this all about racism, I thought taking the knee was about equality!

that covers a whole raft of issues, disability race colour creed religion the list is endless.

what individuals did on Sunday to slaughter our team and players over their colour was an absolute disgrace and I wonder what their response would have been if we had won 3-0 with goals from Stirling, Rashford and Saka.

No it’s not. You guys are getting a bit of a bully style about you. Cut her some slack, Kate is doing a wonderful job looking after our mate Gimmer. Don’t drive her away.
Thank you OneSirKeefy. I have dealt with bigger and better than Threesixes. As one of the few female posters on this board he obviously thinks he can belittle and bully me like he did with Gimmer. He is thrilled with the Gills book by the way, so thank you for buying it for him.

Why why why is this all about racism, I thought taking the knee was about equality!

that covers a whole raft of issues, disability race colour creed religion the list is endless.

what individuals did on Sunday to slaughter our team and players over their colour was an absolute disgrace and I wonder what their response would have been if we had won 3-0 with goals from Stirling, Rashford and Saka.

sorry forgot to add Gender

let’s go back to Andy Gray and the other idiot on Sky - anyone remember why they were sacked.

I don't know if it's always been like this but has anyone else noticed in the past few years to inability for most people to have a reasoned debate? I'm talking about the country in general and not just this board.

Every 'debate' immediately descends into both sides just putting each other down rather than discussing anything. All sides of the political/social spectrum seem to do it.

I feel like to have true debates about things both sides need to have respect for the other - something that this country seems devoid of.

Like I care what you think. One of the reasons Gimmer no longer posts on here is because of the bullying he was getting from you. A GFC fan of over 80 years and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I must admit to enquiring on the status of his Ford Anglia , maybe a bit too much.
Perhaps I was bullying him for a sale , if so , fcuk knows what's his opinion of me now !

Like I care what you think. One of the reasons Gimmer no longer posts on here is because of the bullying he was getting from you. A GFC fan of over 80 years and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ok, send him my apologies, please.

This was his last post (from what I can see). Came at the end of a week of similar posts from him. Weird!

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...defend-this-racist-filth.105648/#post-2325199

Looking at that thread, nothing has changed on the board in the last year!