England Belongs To Us | Page 21 | Vital Football

England Belongs To Us

We were on a ship Lancs.
They took care of everything (at a cost)
Two days that I’d highly recommend to anyone.
I worked in Copenhagen years ago, sweeper up at Kastrup Airport while travelling and always fancied going back with actual money in my pocket. We really enjoyed it. The Danes are actually very pro U.K. but it’s seriously expensive.
Amsterdam is just great whatever your age.
A lovely friendly city.
My absolute number one is still Florence. Very walkable, pretty safe and astonishing art around every corner.
City breaks are excellent.
Ooh! Forgot about Barcelona. Great as long as you stick to the tourist paths. Stray off and it becomes very dark.

Some lovely places. But, even on a ship, well done ;)

Some lovely northern european cities that easy for a weekend break (easy pre covid).

Bruges is stunning and only a couple of hours drive. I'm told ghent is just as nice. Lille is less than 2 hours on the eurostar.

Further afield but Hamburg is a great city break.
I'd like to explore Scandinavia as well but it's a bit pricey.

Krakow was on the list pre covid but that's a flight.

I'm not sure how easy it is to truly identify where posts originate from and it provides an easy excuse. I do know that some reports suggested only a handful originated in the UK. Rather greater a number have already been charged in this country.

I said that, based on what they have posted on here, I wouldn't label any poster a racist. I said that I believe that no one on here would display racist behaviour in public. I can't know of course but that is my belief. Do some of us sometimes show signs of prejudice and discriminatory attitudes, undoubtedly. The thing about that is it's a matter of opinion, there is a wide range and it's possible most of us stray into that territory. I know what I think about others but I know that name calling is unhelpful and counter productive.

with the correct funding and resources it can be done but obviously is mainly the domain of the intelligence services.

we are given these opposite opinions but one thing is missing i.e facts.

how many actual problem texts were there?
What was said that was racist and who deemed it racist?
Where in general did the accounts originate from?

To me its all irrelevant, the effort should be to try to eradicate this for all people not just one group depending on the political map today. Surely it is wrong for anyone to get dogs abuse and threats. By pretending this is worse because of race allows the authorities to just use words to appease the media instead of taking action.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how easy it is to truly identify where posts originate from and it provides an easy excuse. I do know that some reports suggested only a handful originated in the UK. Rather greater a number have already been charged in this country.

Putting aside state sponsored cyber warfare, when it comes to "routine" investigation of individuals posting criminal material (worldwide) it is usually possible for LEA to make an identification. Every day, police across Europe and further afield are successful in identifying "hidden anonymous" (criminal) posters and locations and passing the results to law enforcement in the relevant country/ies. Generally, it`s not difficult at all (though in some orchestrated dark web cases there may be extra, more sensitive, layers of investigation required) but it is time consuming, especially when other countries are involved - which is why UK based offenders are likely, from a prosecution perspective, to "surface" first. There`s also no certainty that "offenders" identified in other countries` jurisdictions will be subject to the same depth of investigation and prosecution as would be the case if they resided in the UK.

Investigation-wise, a big hurdle is often navigating the data provision bureaucracy of service providers/social media platforms, who don`t see it as a core function to assist law enforcement (which, from a business perspective is understandable). It`s worth noting that service providers and social media platforms do not receive a fee for providing the material - they have to employ people specifically to liaise with LEA, so it`s not a commercial priority. Moral obligation doesn`t seem to count for much and a massive growth in cyber crime has left the industry even further "out of pocket". Governments must make the industry more accountable, until they do , social media platforms are unlikely to follow suit with their customers.

Putting aside state sponsored cyber warfare, when it comes to "routine" investigation of individuals posting criminal material (worldwide) it is usually possible for LEA to make an identification. Every day, police across Europe and further afield are successful in identifying "hidden anonymous" (criminal) posters and locations and passing the results to law enforcement in the relevant country/ies. Generally, it`s not difficult at all (though in some orchestrated dark web cases there may be extra, more sensitive, layers of investigation required) but it is time consuming, especially when other countries are involved - which is why UK based offenders are likely, from a prosecution perspective, to "surface" first. There`s also no certainty that "offenders" identified in other countries` jurisdictions will be subject to the same depth of investigation and prosecution as would be the case if they resided in the UK.

Investigation-wise, a big hurdle is often navigating the data provision bureaucracy of service providers/social media platforms, who don`t see it as a core function to assist law enforcement (which, from a business perspective is understandable). It`s worth noting that service providers and social media platforms do not receive a fee for providing the material - they have to employ people specifically to liaise with LEA, so it`s not a commercial priority. Moral obligation doesn`t seem to count for much and a massive growth in cyber crime has left the industry even further "out of pocket". Governments must make the industry more accountable, until they do , social media platforms are unlikely to follow suit with their customers.

Wouldn't argue with any of that Lancs but it's by no means proven that most of these posters are actually located outside the UK. The use of VPNs has been growing for some time and took a sharp uptake during the pandemic. I'm not talking about employers and home working but individuals seeking to access foreign material that would otherwise be blocked to them.

Spot on.
It would become a commercial priority if they were financially penalised for platform indiscretions.
The way I see it is that they own the medium, therefore they own the problem.
We both know that it’s not actually that difficult to eradicate via algorithms and certainly not that difficult to find the perpetrators.

Bruges, Vienna, Budapest, Tallinn, Copenhagen...I could mention loads of cities in the running for my top five European cities.

Wouldn't argue with any of that Lancs but it's by no means proven that most of these posters are actually located outside the UK. The use of VPNs has been growing for some time and took a sharp uptake during the pandemic. I'm not talking about employers and home working but individuals seeking to access foreign material that would otherwise be blocked to them.

OK, but, as I mentioned in another post - i`d like to see some geolocation stats from police when they (eventually) have them. That will take time - so you`re right it`s not (Yet) proven , but that could well change. - VPN wont prevent police from being able to ID the actual foreign (based) posters who tweeted (etc) the racist hate.