EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 725 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

We have got £2 a day charge for mobile phones in Europe, the need to get a new certificate if taking a pet abroad, and a potential shortage of blueberries for Wimbledon though.
Plus the Kent guitar maker who can get his products to America in 3 days but it takes 10 day to clear Dublin customs.
It’s easier to export to South Korea than France, apparently ?
That’s spun as the U.K.’s fault ??

Plus the Kent guitar maker who can get his products to America in 3 days but it takes 10 day to clear Dublin customs.
It’s easier to export to South Korea than France, apparently ?
That’s spun as the U.K.’s fault ??
Yes. A consequence of Leave. People believed they could have the advantages of membership plus any supposed benefits of 'freedom' by leaving. Doh. Cake and eat it. They believed the EU were desperate (because we are so much better than everyone else apparently) and would do whatever we wanted.

Anyway, people knew this would happen as they knew what they voted for so why the complaints?

I'm waiting for Germany to cave in so that they can sell us some Mercs.

Yes. A consequence of Leave. People believed they could have the advantages of membership plus any supposed benefits of 'freedom' by leaving. Doh. Cake and eat it. They believed the EU were desperate (because we are so much better than everyone else apparently) and would do whatever we wanted.

Anyway, people knew this would happen as they knew what they voted for so why the complaints?

I'm waiting for Germany to cave in so that they can sell us some Mercs.
Or, possibly, European customs officers are useless?
Otherwise, why would it be easier to export to South Korea than France?

Or, possibly, European customs officers are useless?
Otherwise, why would it be easier to export to South Korea than France?
Suŕely we knew how useless the French were when we voted to Leave. Obvioudly Johnny foreigner isn't up to our expected standards. We knew this would happen.
:-)

Suŕely we knew how useless the French were when we voted to Leave. Obvioudly Johnny foreigner isn't up to our expected standards. We knew this would happen.
:-)
Alternatively, they could be making things unnecessarily tricky.
That’s more likely in my opinion.
I’m hoping that eventually, they can come to terms with the changes in circumstances.

Alternatively, they could be making things unnecessarily tricky.
That’s more likely in my opinion.
I’m hoping that eventually, they can come to terms with the changes in circumstances.

If it is not down to the inefficency you suggest (and the desire to punish), and is instead simply down to coming out of the Single Market and Customs Union, then the same problems should occur in the other direction as the EU Single Market export more to us than we export to it.

If they are comfortable with that, no reason why we should not be as well. No long term competitive advantage there.

Last edited:
Is your issue with this my use of the word 'demanded'?

Farridge certainly said that, "in a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017
Sorry. Missed this. Thanks for the link.
What was the date of that link ? 16th May 2016

What did you post ?
"People also seem to forget that Farridge, believing that the Leave campaign had lost by a small margin was calling the process undemocratic and was demanding a second referendum. Quickly changed his tune about that once he realised it was his side which had narrowly won."

What day was the Referendum ? 23rd June 2016

As seems common with EU fans - selective quotes, out of context.

On 16th May the Mirror quoted Farage as saying:
"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

"unfinished business" ? Absolutely.
But what response would have been open to losing Leavers ?
Hours of airtime - uninterrupted by the likes of Adam Boulton, Emily Maitlis or Jon Snow ???
Sweeping denegration of Remain callers on the James O'Brien show ???

Extremely unlikely.

Parliamentary shenanigans enacting some sort of Brexit - contrary to the voters' will ?
Please tell us all how that could have come about.

Did Farage "call the process undemocratic" ?

The Mirror quotes him as saying:
"In the event of a defeat Farage,..... would exploit claims the referendum was unfair after the Government dubiously spent £9m on a leaflet to every home."

In addition Remain spent ~£19m to Leave's £13m.
Not forgetting the persistent pro-EU slant, on BBC and Sky.
(Lead items, framing, lack of rebuttal to pro-EU stuff, timing and interruptions of Leave segments.)

Is "unfair" the same as "undemocratic" ?
Just asking.

Belfast High Court dismisses the challenge to the legality of the NI Protocol.
Interesting.
I’m surprised after reading the Good Friday Agreement.
That’s a different interpretation to mine.
Johnson and the EU have got off the hook.

Belfast High Court dismisses the challenge to the legality of the NI Protocol.
Interesting.
I’m surprised after reading the Good Friday Agreement.
That’s a different interpretation to mine.
Johnson and the EU have got off the hook.

Somehow doubt that the ruling has put a line under the issue. Appeal to the Supreme Court will no doubt follow, plus, perhaps, an up-scaling of public discontent - in whatever form that might take.

Omg, are you serious? London still bigger than Amsterdam, less than a year after we've properly left. Of course it is and f'ing well should be!

Is that some kind of validation for Leave?

Neither have well all starved to death. Oh well, that's good.

Omg, are you serious? London still bigger than Amsterdam, less than a year after we've properly left. Of course it is and f'ing well should be!

Is that some kind of validation for Leave?

Neither have well all starved to death. Oh well, that's good.
But many said that we were going to hell in a hand cart.
I can’t be bothered to repost the exhaustive list of what would happen, but I’m pretty sure that most haven’t.
It’s almost as if the Remoaners are desperate to be proven right.
I posted that link in response to a Remoaner posting the link when Amsterdam had a little boost a few weeks back.
Remoaners have just got to get over it and embrace the future.

I was just about to post well done on a wind up that I fell for but it looks loke you meant it.

Ok. I admit, I haven't starved to death yet so perhaps Leave was right all along.

You know full well that every regular Remainer on here never got anywhere near saying we were heading for disaster.