Euro 2020 thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Euro 2020 thread

Shocking pen but Croatia's problems are bigger than that. Neither attack or midfield looks right, Rebic and Krameric looking like a Brewster and McBurnie tribute act.

Dalic has got 45 to save Croatia's tournament and his job.

Shocking pen but Croatia's problems are bigger than that. Neither attack or midfield looks right, Rebic and Krameric looking like a Brewster and McBurnie tribute act.

Dalic has got 45 to save Croatia's tournament and his job.
1-1Perisic, game on.UTB

Scotland weakly give in to any pressure and join England in bending a knee.

So fuck them too. Cowards.

Just move the whole tournament to Budapest, FFS.

Seeing a full stadium like that only to realise a half full Wembley will host the semis and final........ deary me.

Robin Gosens is hugely impressive. He's a machine. Nobody can stop him. He does it on any stage, week after week. Massive threat from LWB every single game. Excellent timing and instincts. Extremely fit, dynamic and purposeful. He overruns every opponent he plays against.

Surprising to see Germany slice Portugal open like this. Gosens has played a massive part in it with his relentless running, and timing. He's getting a big move after this tournament and rightly so.

Last edited:
Well so much for politics being kept seperate from football. The Hungarian government recently passed legislation preventing the promotion of homosexuality and the gender bender nonsense in it's schools - totally up to them an no ones business but theirs.

The woke 'don't menzion ze vor' Germans in Munich are now pushing for the Allianz to be lit up in the rainbow flag on Wednesday and have a 'celebration of diversity' at half time. 🤦‍♂️

It's just unrelenting agenda pushing which has nothing to do with football.

Football's apparent inability to resist reflects society's inability to resist.

'Promote our agenda or you're cancelled.'

It's beyond toxic.

Just got to hope we're still alive when (if?) this nonsense ends and we can get on an upward trajectory again......

Ukraine v Austria is interesting.

Two 'under card' nations but so much talent between them. But only Ukraine seem to manage to showcase theirs in the best way.

I'd like both to progress and go far. Mainly Ukraine.

Mount and Chilwell both self isolating because they were palling it up with Billy Gilmour on Friday.

Another set back for the hapless hopeless Southgate and his team of kneelers.

Yaremchuk is one I was emphatically right about. Would have been a top signing for us last summer.

Shevchenko played his best player out of position then subbed him off at half time. Masterful. Deserves to lose just for that.

Shevchenko played his best player out of position then subbed him off at half time. Masterful. Deserves to lose just for that.
They were poor today deserved to lose it reminded me of watching England today ,no intensity or urgency they’ve just sleepwalked out of the competition be very lucky if they get through with a negative goal difference

I'd say Austria are stronger on paper, maybe in a less spectacular sort of way, but I thought Ukraine had it together more as a team to the point that they'd finish above Austria and progress.

It's a shame the tournament was delayed a year. It did them no favours. They had real momentum a year ago. Now, slightly less so.

The political situation hasn't helped Ukraine much. Shevchenko's come under fire for not being a Ukranian speaker at a time where Ukrainian nationalism is very fervant, and that's probably seen him over compensate with Dynamo Kiev players in his squad/team. Pyatov and Stepenenko offered too much experience to leave on the bench.

Southgate asked by a German journalist why Sancho wasn't playing ?

Southgate: "We have lots of good wide players".

A banal answer from a banal man.