The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but it doesn’t make it acceptable. There’s obviously different forms and levels of racism depending on the recipient I guess, given the ban and level of outrage.

Some idiot England fans booing though, that’s the headline.

I only saw the clips of Alaba? dealing with him, so I assumed he'd gone off on one about being dropped or something again.

If it was about heritage, I fail to see the difference, other than obviously, FIFA are a bunch of wet blankets.

Thoughts are with Coca Cola at this difficult time :lol:

"Cristiano Ronaldo’s removal of two Coca-Cola bottles during a press conference at the Euros has coincided with a $4bn fall in the share price of the drinks giant.

Coca-Cola’s share price dropped from $56.10 to $55.22 almost immediately after Ronaldo’s gesture, a 1.6% dip. The market value of Coca-Cola went from $242bn to $238bn – a drop of $4bn."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-billions-wiped-off-drink-giants-market-value
Wonderful news. Woke-a-cola can shove their nasty brown fizzy pop where the sun don't shine.... :clap:

That Aurnautovic lad said "I'm fucking your Albanian mother" to the Leeds boy. Given that the Leeds fella's mother is Albanian, does that make it racist?

If you take out the Albanian bit which was factually correct, is "I'm fucking your mother" an insult?

My mother is 69 years old and not in the greatest of health. I think I'd burst out laughing if anyone said that to me. It's like he's trying to be insulting but just reveals himself to be a misogynistic twat.

Last edited:
That Aurnautovic lad said "I'm fucking your Albanian mother" to the Leeds boy. Given that the Leeds fella's mother is Albanian, does that make it racist?

I wouldn't say so but you cant really get away with saying that these days being a high profile person. There will be some wet blanket somewhere offended and then all hell breaks loose.

If you take out the Albanian bit which was factually correct, is "I'm fucking your mother" an insult?

My mother is 69 years old and not in the greatest of health. I think I'd burst out laughing if anyone said that to me. It's like he's trying to be insulting but just reveals himself to be a misogynistic twat.

Serb soldiers raped Albanian women, so there’s undertones here.

Imagine a situation where a white player says that to a player of a different ethnicity? There would be uproar.

The people who are typically more “woke” don’t seem to even acknowledge serious things like this, yet will talk all day about events in America. I thought this was what the kneeling was meant to stop in our beautiful game?!

I've worked with Serbs and Albanians and the hate they have for each other is scary. It might seem ridiculous to us but they take these things extremely seriously and Arnautovic knew referencing the guys Albanian mother would cause maximum offence. He deserves a ban just for being an annoying twat as well.

Imagine a situation where a white player says that to a player of a different ethnicity? There would be uproar.

The people who are typically more “woke” don’t seem to even acknowledge serious things like this, yet will talk all day about events in America. I thought this was what the kneeling was meant to stop in our beautiful game?!

In that case, wouldn't "I fucked your Albanian mother" be more effective?

As an insult, it just doesn't float my boat.

Yep, I think it's far worse than, some of the "racism" people get all woke about. This kneeling malarky is supposed to be anti-discrimination and respect for all but really it's only about Black people in the eyes of the woke brigade. I'm not sure Chinese, Asians and people who are other ethnicities, count.

In that case, wouldn't "I fucked your Albanian mother" be more effective?

As an insult, it just doesn't float my boat.

Yeah but you haven’t lived through a time where your mum could’ve been fucked by a Serb soldier. And your dad, uncles and yourself shot.

Anyway, I’m coming across as woke now which I’m actually not, but it shows how bollocks all the kneeling malarkey has become when a racist action results in a one game ban because it’s aimed at Muslims from a poor country.

Yeah but you haven’t lived through a time where your mum could’ve been fucked by a Serb soldier. And your dad, uncles and yourself shot.

Anyway, I’m coming across as woke now which I’m actually not, but it shows how bollocks all the kneeling malarkey has become when a racist action results in a one game ban because it’s aimed at Muslims from a poor country.

Absolutely, I don't know anything about the Balkans and I'm not that interested.

Russia has beaten Finland
I'm guessing there is no love lost between those two countries. We got a gun pulled on us on the road to Murmansk just for approaching the Finnish /Russia border for a look around, Explained we were English, jumped back in the Range Rover and fecked off sharpish

Status
Not open for further replies.