The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 83 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany are often bad starters but this lot are lacking leadership and quality.
They look mediocre to me. To be fair I despise the 3-4-3 formation very rarely does it work and certainly the Germans don’t look suited to it at all so if they played a formation that actually works they might suddenly spring into life later on in the tournament if they stay in long enough

Playing Germany we would lose admirably, the country would be patting itself on the back for yet another bronze medal whilst Germany progress to the final.

Playing France, we’d get humiliated.

I think we'd beat this German side. Doesn't seem to be many goals in the team. French defence solid though, even Jack will find it tough breaking them down.

I think we'd beat this German side. Doesn't seem to be many goals in the team. French defence solid though, even Jack will find it tough breaking them down.

We rarely beat the Germans when it matters (post 1966). There’s something about their mentality, they’re tougher than us soft Englishmen. We think we’re tough and winners, we’re not. Our ladies teams in any sport are mentally stronger than the men.

As always with England, there’s news off the field which is probably now causing more distraction.

We rarely beat the Germans when it matters (post 1966). There’s something about their mentality, they’re tougher than us soft Englishmen. We think we’re tough and winners, we’re not. Our ladies teams in any sport are mentally stronger than the men.

As always with England, there’s news off the field which is probably now causing more distraction.
Having worked in Munich, with them they are as arrogant as us but they don't do plucky loser or a good loser. We do, we're brought up to be good losers

I know it's early days, but I could see England beating this German team, they don't seem to have any stand out leaders.

Having worked in Munich, with them they are as arrogant as us but they don't do plucky loser or a good loser. We do, we're brought up to be good losers

The Germans I work with are stereotypically German. They’re shit at making excuses and getting away with it though, which is where we excel. Me included

No no no no no. Just as arrogant as us? On that score they beat us hands down (and that's saying something).

Not sure about that. Boxing? We dominate and go through some wars and adversity.

Mbappe good player but doesn’t look like one of the best in the world to me. Incredibly quick but cost 2 goals with poor timing on his runs

Only 22 all the same but I certainly agree to play in Ligue 1, scoring 78 out of 80 isnt impressive.

I can see France and Portugal for the final unless you lads take one of them out along the way. The Portuguese got lucky today but they also threw away chances. Their last goal was beautiful.

My worry with England is firstly whether Southgate is brave enough to try and beat them and secondly slab head vs. Mbappe or Ronaldo. I honestly don't think there is anyone England should be worried about but my problem with saying is Jack needs to be on the pitch for that to be true IMO.

No no no no no. Just as arrogant as us? On that score they beat us hands down (and that's saying something).
I suppose the difference to me is we are arrogant but have nothing to back it up they'll point to their trophy cabinets. There again I've only really got experience of Munich people who are allegedly different to regulation Germans. I do have two half-German cousins who are strange shall we say

Agree VAR is much improved. Maybe our refs and officials are just a bunch of complete and utter attention-seeking bellends? Radical suggestion, I know.

I'm assuming that a lot of the controversy over VAR here is the TV companies insist on showing their own lines across the pitch but in Euros the decision is made and get on with it, A quick check and if there is any debate at all go with the onfield decisions?

I suppose the difference to me is we are arrogant but have nothing to back it up they'll point to their trophy cabinets.

One world cup in our history to back it up. Embarrassing. Any tournament we enter and don't win is failure. We cannot afford to give it the building for next tournament bollox. Other countries can because they have the fall back of producing winning sides in cycles. We produce failures.

One world cup in our history to back it up. Embarrassing. Any tournament we enter and don't win is failure. We cannot afford to give it the building for next tournament bollox. Other countries can because they have the fall back of producing winning sides in cycles. We produce failures.

Best League in the world the PL summed up by most of the top players being Foreign.

Status
Not open for further replies.