Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general | Page 21 | Vital Football

Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general

Bideford was full of Grockles, as expected.
It’s really busy down here and will get busier.
We have friends coming down from Kent today for a week. They are not staying with us, they have booked the Commodore.
Ironically we have another couple of friends from Kent arriving next Thursday and they are also staying at the Commodore.
Lots of meals out coming up.
Not great for the waistline.
The book was for my grand daughter who’s just got a new sister and her nose is a bit out of joint.
Glad you ended up having a nice day.
It’s a nicer world when we chill.
Sounds like you are a major cause of all the Grockles visiting.
:-)

Last edited:
If this is so true how comes the only people who have accused me of being hateful are you, 3x6 and Tarian?
That's not true, you've done at least 4 big apology posts from what I can remember, regarding your behaviour on this forum.

I feel sorry for you too. You spend so much time posting self serving political threads here, you can't have much of a life.

That's not true, you've done at least 4 big apology posts from what I can remember, regarding your behaviour on this forum.

I feel sorry for you too. You spend so much time posting self serving political threads here, you can't have much of a life.

Have you ever apologised?

We're all wrong sometimes. Some of us can recognise that and apologise when we are wrong. Others seem incapable of doing this, so convinced are they that they must be correct.

My life is good. I do spend too much time on here though, you're right. I enjoy chatting on here but do realise that it is often a waste of time. Often I'll have a break or am simply too busy to read and post. Even when I'm not too busy, there are lots of books I haven't yet read but would like to. I really should spend less time on here reading and writing nonsense. I should instead spend more time reading the words of wise men and women.

But I have been on here for years. I've said before that it's a bit like an addiction! Not sure I'm quite ready to give it all up forever but I will try to reduce my use, as it were.

Soinds like you are a major cause of all the Grockles visiting.
:-)
😂😂😂
Luckily for us, Instow is a bit off the radar although we have a stunning beach and fantastic views.
It does get busy as you’d expect but nothing like Saunton, Woolacombe and Croyde.
Woolacombe last week was again in total gridlock.
We moved to Croyde first but found it took busy in summer and too quiet in winter.
Instow is about right for us.
The major downside is a bit remote for travel.
It’s about 50 minutes just to get to the motorway and of course no decent football.
Fortunately for me, Cheltenham got promoted so that’s one for me.
I have a cousin who lives there and works at GCHQ after leaving military intelligence.
Haven’t seen him for some years so will be great to catch up and chat.

We moved to Croyde first but found it took busy in summer and too quiet in winter.
Instow is about right for us.
The major downside is a bit remote for travel.
It’s about 50 minutes just to get to the motorway and of course no decent football.

My ex-father in law lived in Yelland so I knew Instow well. You are right, very nice and lots of lovely places, but pretty locations 20 miles away were probably hour drive. You can cover half of the south east in an hour from Medway

The most demoralising thing was coming home to Kent, and being stationary on the road to Tiverton, knowing you hadn't even started!

No, and I'm not a big fan of people that do. Just don't be hateful and abusive in the first place, other posters seem to manage it.

I haven't ever apologised for being hateful. I have in the past apologised for causing offence.

You often cause offence but you never apologise.

I'm sorry that you are offended by what I have said

I thought you said you're not a fan of apologies?! Anyway, you've not offended me this morning.

And it's not just me who finds some of your views offensive. Apologising to me is a start but it would be better if you extended your apology to all posters who find your prejudice and discriminatory views offensive. And better still if you just refrained from making prejudiced and discriminatory remarks in the first place. Other posters manage it.

My ex-father in law lived in Yelland so I knew Instow well. You are right, very nice and lots of lovely places, but pretty locations 20 miles away were probably hour drive. You can cover half of the south east in an hour from Medway

The most demoralising thing was coming home to Kent, and being stationary on the road to Tiverton, knowing you hadn't even started!
Yelland is next door and a nice place to live.
I’ve noticed property selling in days in Yelland.
The A361 is much improved fortunately but it still seems to take forever.
What still makes me chuckle is the A39 Atlantic Highway! Highway? It’s like a track in places 😂
I really couldn’t imagine moving back to the SE again. It slightly freaks me out how busy it is.
Last time we came up to see the family, I came off at the Notcutts junction and it took an hour to get across Maidstone.
We’re back up at the end of June for a week.
I will time winter visits with the fixture list.

What specfic views do you find offensive ?

Also, see my post this morning on the Napier Barracks thread re the use of the term, "indigenous". I don't find the word offensive but..., well, if you read my post you might just understand my point of view. Even if you disagree with it.

Also, see my post this morning on the Napier Barracks thread re the use of the term, "indigenous". I don't find the word offensive but..., well, if you read my post you might just understand my point of view. Even if you disagree with it.
I think that we can all agree that you two will never agree.
You are both fully entitled to your opinions.
You are both 100% right and you are both 100% wrong. An opinion is exactly that. An opinion.

Yelland is next door and a nice place to live.
I’ve noticed property selling in days in Yelland.
The A361 is much improved fortunately but it still seems to take forever.
What still makes me chuckle is the A39 Atlantic Highway! Highway? It’s like a track in places 😂
I really couldn’t imagine moving back to the SE again. It slightly freaks me out how busy it is.
I'm the opposite - it is a different pace of life for sure in Devon but it wouldn't be for me. It must drive the locals and workers mad trying to get anywhere with the summer caravans! My ex-wife and her 2 brothers all moved away.

Which 'race' have I been racist about ?

Copied from elsewhere because I just can't be bothered:

Is Islam not a race? Other commentators have already characterised Dawkins’s stand as casuistry and taken him to task for it. For example, Nesrine Malik of The Guardian admits that technically Islam is not a race but points out that there is a ‘strong racial dimension to Islamophobia’ – Muslims in the UK are mostly African, Asian or Arab. Many suffer hate incidents or discrimination because of their intersecting racial and religious characteristics. So, Malik tells Dawkins, saying that Islam is not a race is a ‘cop out’, because although ‘Islam might not be a race…using that as a fig leaf for your unthinking prejudice is almost certainly racist’. Tom Chivers, who blogs for The Telegraph, says Dawkins often goes from ‘criticising the religion itself to criticising Muslims, as a vast bloc’, and is thus ‘failing as a scientist’. For example, Chivers argues, when Dawkins points out that the Muslim world has not produced very many Nobel laureates, he implies that this is ‘because they’re stupid, or brainwashed into zombiehood by their religion’. Surely, argues Chivers, a scientist should also examine other institutional or non-institutional dimensions on the lack of progress in Muslim societies, such as poverty and the scarcity of other resources? In other words, claiming that Muslims are exceptionally backward and attributing this to Islam is tantamount to racism and Islamophobia