Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general | Page 20 | Vital Football

Bad news for Buddha & travellers in general

No, not at all. I'm not intolerant, I'm very anti-intolerance (I'm surprised you haven't worked that out by now). I don't hate anyone, you are the most hate-filled poster on this board, by a considerable margin.

I didn't have a troubled childhood, and I wasn't a bully or bullied. I'm also not nasty (you are literally the only person that has ever called me that!). I get on well with almost everybody and work in a very multi-ethnic workplace. I don't think I would get on with you though, but that's because of your aggression.

If you say so....

Why join in? I admit the title didn't have N/G in it but there was a clue about potential content in the title.

Imo this thread is no more tedious or entrenched than the average and that includes the Gills related ones.
:-)
I didn't join in. I just starting reading the most recent posts. I'll never learn.

I don't pretend to have any real knowledge of Buddha's lifestyle but there is more honesty,community spirit and compassion people who have very little than those who own this country. One day we the people earning less than the average weekly wage will find common ground again and we will take this country back to the people. We are the majority and always will be.

That's a sweeping statement.
Why do you assume that "honesty, community spirit and compassion" are all things displayed "more" by those who "have very little" than by "by those who own the country" ?

If a similar generalisation was made about ..... (let me think)....
... Rotherham mini-cab drivers (?), certain people would be all over that poster !

Lost touch .The Tories only win on the retired vote.Working people and students in increasing numbers will and are voting against the Tories. The only thing lacking is leadership and greater unity. With the Tories going to the right it does leave more room for a left of centre leader .If my view Boris suit the Tories as he has no direction he will do as he is told. The opposition have a more difficult job as they have to find a leader to unite the Corbynite and the Liberal Democrat voter.Unlike the Tories he has to stand for something. Disappointingly the one nation tories have disappeared and appear to have given up the fight.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...12/17/how-britain-voted-2019-general-election
That's not entirely true.
The way that the media reported that Labour / Remain were supported by younger voters, one might think they had 90% support....
.... when the truth is around 1/3rd of younger voters did not support either proposition.

But surely the "older people vote Conservative" has always been a thing. Why ?:hmmm:
Do people have less knowledge and experience as they get older ???:oops:

As for "working people"....
Don't you believe that most Conservative voters "work" ?

That's a sweeping statement.
Why do you assume that "honesty, community spirit and compassion" are all things displayed "more" by those who "have very little" than by "by those who own the country" ?

If a similar generalisation was made about ..... (let me think)....
... Rotherham mini-cab drivers (?), certain people would be all over that poster !

Maybe weve all got Buddha and his lot wrong ?

Given that house ownership is now out of reach of the average working family who do you think owns our housing stock?More and more it will be investment as housing and property is a good investment .Meanwhile many businesses will struggle.So more and more money will target the housing market.
And what is the root cause driving demand for houses ???????

Thanks, and I understand that, but we are probably talking at cross-purposes.
I know I'm appearing thick or contrarian, but I don't see the link between my preferences showing up in the outcome and my being enfranchised. There are different voting systems and they have different ways of generating different outcomes. They are justified by different ways of understanding democracy, but they are usually advocated for by people who don't see their preferences reflected by one system and see them reflected better by another system. As you probably know better than me, the Irish use multimember constituencies, a formula setting thresholds, and a process (building little piles of votes) for redistributing second, third and x preferences. The Irish are ok with this for reasons of history and habit, but you don't hear them saying Thank God for the Hare Quota and all the men and women who died for it. An extreme example, of course, but it helps explain why UK people didn't choose electoral reform or even choose to vote on it when they had the opportunity. It's fiddly, counter-intuitive and they aren't that interested.

The wasted vote/my vote counting argument has legs, but it hasn't got much to do with democracy. People typically don't give a fig about the opposition's votes counting or being wasted. And, of course, as a matter of fact, unless the outcome is decided by a single vote, my vote actually doesn't matter or count. What if everybody thought like that -but they don't.
Much to agree with - about the public's lack of interest in electoral details.

The Referendum on the Alternative Vote was shocking.
The "Yes" side had no campaign to speak of - and what minimal campign there was focused on the wrong thing.

The "No" campaign grossly mis-represented AV.
"More costly" (Why ?)
" Leads to unstable Govt." (Why ?)
"Only Fiji uses it" (Only on the narrowest and bizarre interpretation of AV - given that the Cons. use AV on most internal elections !)

Also called "Instant Run-off", AV is a lot simpler to understand than almost any form of PR.
But most importantly, it encourages "honest" voting.

Much to agree with - about the public's lack of interest in electoral details.

The Referendum on the Alternative Vote was shocking.
The "Yes" side had no campaign to speak of - and what minimal campign there was focused on the wrong thing.

The "No" campaign grossly mis-represented AV.
"More costly" (Why ?)
" Leads to unstable Govt." (Why ?)
"Only Fiji uses it" (Only on the narrowest and bizarre interpretation of AV - given that the Cons. use AV on most internal elections !)

Also called "Instant Run-off", AV is a lot simpler to understand than almost any form of PR.
But most importantly, it encourages "honest" voting.

Talking of PR, it appears that eight different parties are trying to form a coalition government in Israel.
What can possibly go wrong.
My bet is that they will fall out before any government is formed.
It’s like having Johnson, Corbyn, Sturgeon, Lucas and Farrage in the same government.
The only thing that they have in common is a hatred of the incumbent.

In this case, though, that just might get them over the line! Assume the objective is to get Bibi out of office so he can be locked up. Then back to business as usual.
Weirdly, Bennett is even more right wing than Netanyahu.

Weirdly, Bennett is even more right wing than Netanyahu.

It's a reverse Sturgeon/Salmond thing. I taught you everything. You said I'd get the top job. You shafted me. No, you shafted me.

Meanwhile, an Arab Israeli/Palestinian party is on the brink of entering the government.

It's a reverse Sturgeon/Salmond thing. I taught you everything. You said I'd get the top job. You shafted me. No, you shafted me.

Meanwhile, an Arab Israeli/Palestinian party is on the brink of entering the government.
Tokenism is alive and well.

Don’t matter.
Let it go and enjoy your day.
I’m just off to the big city (Bideford) to get a book.

I had a great day in the end, shotty. Had some mates (who I'd not seen since before the pandemic started) unexpectedly visit. We had a big fire, cooked up some food, played some records and had a few drinks and smokes. It was all simple stuff but very good fun!

How about you? How was Bideford (I visited there a couple of years ago - during the same trip where I was parked at Crow Point for s few nights)? Did you get a new book? Which one?

I had a great day in the end, shotty. Had some mates (who I'd not seen since before the pandemic started) unexpectedly visit. We had a big fire, cooked up some food, played some records and had a few drinks and smokes. It was all simple stuff but very good fun!

How about you? How was Bideford (I visited there a couple of years ago - during the same trip where I was parked at Crow Point for s few nights)? Did you get a new book? Which one?
Bideford was full of Grockles, as expected.
It’s really busy down here and will get busier.
We have friends coming down from Kent today for a week. They are not staying with us, they have booked the Commodore.
Ironically we have another couple of friends from Kent arriving next Thursday and they are also staying at the Commodore.
Lots of meals out coming up.
Not great for the waistline.
The book was for my grand daughter who’s just got a new sister and her nose is a bit out of joint.
Glad you ended up having a nice day.
It’s a nicer world when we chill.

Bideford was full of Grockles, as expected.
It’s really busy down here and will get busier.
We have friends coming down from Kent today for a week. They are not staying with us, they have booked the Commodore.
Ironically we have another couple of friends from Kent arriving next Thursday and they are also staying at the Commodore.
Lots of meals out coming up.
Not great for the waistline.
The book was for my grand daughter who’s just got a new sister and her nose is a bit out of joint.
Glad you ended up having a nice day.
It’s a nicer world when we chill.

I'm often chilled, shotty. Especially when I'm with my friends.

It's when I encounter small minded, ignorant and bigoted people that I find myself less chilled.

Thankfully, given I live off grid and don't have to encounter such people too often, I'm usually chilled.

You're right though, I must try not to let the hateful people (on here or anywhere) entice me into their hateful mode of thought.

There is love in my heart even for the likes of Val and 3x6. Even despite their obnoxious views they are still my brothers. And on top of that they also support the Gills!

I will try to be less aggressive, even when they rile me with their ignorance and prejudice.

I'm often chilled, shotty. Especially when I'm with my friends.

It's when I encounter small minded, ignorant and bigoted people that I find myself less chilled.

Thankfully, given I live off grid and don't have to encounter such people too often, I'm usually chilled.

You're right though, I must try not to let the hateful people (on here or anywhere) entice me into their hateful mode of thought.

There is love in my heart even for the likes of Val and 3x6. Even despite their obnoxious views they are still my brothers. And on top of that they also support the Gills!

I will try to be less aggressive, even when they rile me with their ignorance and prejudice.

The hate appears to be coming from one direction , from what I can see.
Whether its towards the country , the system , the police , Churchill , statues, rules and regulations. The list just goes on and on.
Add this to the small minded , ignorant , uneducated and bigoted fascists who might disagree with you , then a pattern emerges.
You don't even realise you are doing it.

The hate appears to be coming from one direction , from what I can see.
Whether its towards the country , the system , the police , Churchill , statues, rules and regulations. The list just goes on and on.
Add this to the small minded , ignorant , uneducated and bigoted fascists who might disagree with you , then a pattern emerges.
You don't even realise you are doing it.

If this is so true how comes the only people who have accused me of being hateful are you, 3x6 and Tarian?

There are lots of different viewpoints on here but many people who disagree about many things are united in their condemnation of the bigoted views espoused by a small minority.

In contrast, despite the fact that hardly anybody on here shares my political perspective, the only people who accuse me of being hateful are the very same racists (Tarian, I am not referring to you here) who I have been calling out.

Shotshy hasn't accused me of being hateful but he did suggest that I was being, "overly aggressive". I took his comments on board because he (although having very different views to me) is not an ignorant and prejudiced racist.

If others on here were to suggest that I'm hateful then I'd take the comments on board. But when you and 3x6 (and both of you have condemned for your racist and discriminatory views by many on here) tell me I am hateful I find it simply doesn't carry as much weight. After all, it's not surprising that those who hold far right opinions don't enjoy a vocal anarchist condemning their hatred. Pretty transparent tactic to suggest that it is not yourselves but me who is expressing hatred.

I've not done a survey but I suspect that more people will agree with me about this than will agree with you about it.

Anyway, I don't hate you or 3x6. I just feel sorry for you.