The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

As you know I’ve got two black Jamaican half sisters and Nephew that’s now taller than me with a bigger Afro than Bob Marley, so I’m used to seeing it from both angles, in my opinion he can come across better, we all see things differently.

I wasn't aware of that but it wasn't a dig anyway.

I agree he can come across better, but that was kind of my point - he needs to step back to see the other side, much as fans could also do here.

No problem with Tyrone calling it out. Boos weren't a mild disagreement with players taking the knee (can't really see why it would upset anybody); they were essentially racist. It matters.

Magnificent game again today. Proving his value to us. Personally can’t fathom the suggestions that we should move him on. Secured his euro squad spot today in front of Southgate.
His anticipation at times was almost psychic.

He's vocal on and off the pitch so an easy target when things don't go perfectly but he never ever hides.

Personally I think he's a fantastic ambassador for the club and sometimes that isn't just being bland and uncontroversial.

He has shown dramatic improvement in the second half of the season. It seemed to coincide with the return after the Covid lockdown when the kids had to play the dippers in the FA Cup. He was no longer shying away from the ball and started doing the basics (blocking, closing down the man etc) correctly. He's had a few poor moments since then, but overall he has looked much more like a proper defender.

He will only get better and that's the important thing.

After living in Bournemouth for 34 years I obviously got to know many locals and when Tyrone went back to Bournemouth in full Villa kit and was still at the time technically a Bournemouth player it pissed off many a local I can tell you!

You lost me at gobshite and attention, which is annoying because I agree with the thrust after that until you again went prat on twitter.

And V4E - he comes across perfectly fine, if you don't think he does he are ignoring the angle he comes from, just as I said he ignores the angle folks like me come from in not respecting taking the knee.

I get the political line in football but I also remember the annual poppy on an England shirt breakdown most fans have because foreigners say it's political. The game always has been, it just depends on what side of the fence you sit.
With all due respect comparing the annual rememberence of our war dead to taking the knee is nonsense and not well thought through.

Tyrone a very highly paid sportsman, is of course entitled to his opinion but perhaps it is he who should educate himself as ultimately he is coercing supporters of the club he plays for to conform to his way of thinking.

Perhaps he and you ought to read some of Thomas Sowells work and educate yourselves. If Tyrone who seems to view everything about his being, through the lens of race cannot see that race relations in this country have unfortunately been put back years by this incessant identity politics and virtue signalling (taking the knee etc) all derived it seems from a country thousands of miles away it is very sad.

There's an apt saying for all this "If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail" .

With all due respect comparing the annual rememberence of our war dead to taking the knee is nonsense and not well thought through.

Tyrone a very highly paid sportsman, is of course entitled to his opinion but perhaps it is he who should educate himself as ultimately he is coercing supporters of the club he plays for to conform to his way of thinking.

Perhaps he and you ought to read some of Thomas Sowells work and educate yourselves. If Tyrone who seems to view everything about his being, through the lens of race cannot see that race relations in this country have unfortunately been put back years by this incessant identity politics and virtue signalling (taking the knee etc) all derived it seems from a country thousands of miles away it is very sad.

There's an apt saying for all this "If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail" .
You talk about imported politics from the US and then reference Thomas Sowell as being the only person whose thoughts we need on this. Where's he based again?

Sad that it has become so divisive, the PL, BBC, Sky etc really have conflated this. If it had been Kick Racism Out, or any other worthy and correct title, there would have been none, or very little, of this. But to tie in with BLM really has split and angered on both sides where there really shouldn't be a both sides.

I don't agree with the booing, but I also don't think the taking the knee should be done every time, I think the first time Villa did it, it was powerful, now everyone is doing it, or there are debates about it and some have stopped (sorry, contradicted myself, but you know what I mean) and then some do it and others don't within the same team (and in different sports) it just looks a huge own goal really.

Fair play to Tyrone for calling it out.

Only way to eradicate racism is to continually call it out and not just brush it under the carpet.

No problem with Tyrone calling it out. Boos weren't a mild disagreement with players taking the knee (can't really see why it would upset anybody); they were essentially racist. It matters.
No it isnt racist. It is people who are rightly annoyed that a Marxist anarchist ultra left wing organisation have been sanctioned by the FA and Premier League to be able to do this before a game.
We have Kick It Out who have a place in the game, and BLM who dont.

No it isnt racist. It is people who are rightly annoyed that a Marxist anarchist ultra left wing organisation have been sanctioned by the FA and Premier League to be able to do this before a game.
Conflating the Black Lives Matter movement with one of many self-appointed groups of the same name is an easy mistake to make but it's exactly that: a mistake.

We get that some people only like protest if it's quiet, polite and essentially easy to ignore, but that's not the point of protest.

Conflating the Black Lives Matter movement with one of many self-appointed groups of the same name is an easy mistake to make but it's exactly that: a mistake.

We get that some people only like protest if it's quiet, polite and essentially easy to ignore, but that's not the point of protest.
Conflating has nothing to do with it.
Villa Park is not a place for protest, it is a football stadium.
None of the other groups is represented in football stadia.
It is where I choose to go to watch Aston Villa, for which I pay an entrance fee.
I do not want to see anything to do with BLM in Villa Park.
Who are "we"?

Conflating has nothing to do with it.
Villa Park is not a place for protest, it is a football stadium.
None of the other groups is represented in football stadia.
It is where I choose to go to watch Aston Villa, for which I pay an entrance fee.
I do not want to see anything to do with BLM in Villa Park.
Who are "we"?
Well, anywhere is a place for protest given the right conditions. Having a high profile sport with black players making up a high proportion compared to the population in general makes football an obvious platform for this particular issue. But your position is effectively "I don't care about the racist abuse you receive for doing your job - I don't want to hear it and I pay your wages".

"We" is the royal we.

Well done youve just proved you don't understand it.

Listen and learn, not boo and moan.

Well, anywhere is a place for protest given the right conditions. Having a high profile sport with black players making up a high proportion compared to the population in general makes football an obvious platform for this particular issue. But your position is effectively "I don't care about the racist abuse you receive for doing your job - I don't want to hear it and I pay your wages".

"We" is the royal we.
Your amature analysis of "my position" is so wide of the mark and totally ignores the post.
I do not believe that a Marxist anarchist group that by its own admisson wishes to defund the police amongst its other objectives has any place to be represented at a football match.
Its devisive. If the protest were born out of a non politically affiliated group it would not get the dislike that it does.

You talk about imported politics from the US and then reference Thomas Sowell as being the only person whose thoughts we need on this. Where's he based again?
USA if you didn't know. Why wouldn't I quote someone from the country that I described as imported politics from the US and is another voice (not the only voice as you seem to be saying i said, I didnt) from the community which this is and I'm guessing here, primarily affected? Should I have quoted somebody you presumably haven't read or if you have disagree with because you say so? Your misreading and logical fallacies are mind-blowing and are I suspect a large part of the problem.
Gold prize for disingenuous deflection from what I actually wrote. Well done!