The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 96 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

I actually think he would be a better captain than Jack. I don't blame DS's reasoning at the time of appointing Jack, just think as a motivator Tyrone is better and Dean's dug a little bit of a hole.

Don't underrate Jack's efforts and influence behind the scenes. He makes a point of seeing everyone is OK. Tyrone does a great job leading the defence. You need more than one leader on the pitch.

My argument has been consistent from literally the first sentence with which I replied to you on the last page. Here it is to save you clicking back:
"Conflating the Black Lives Matter movement with one of many self-appointed groups of the same name is an easy mistake to make but it's exactly that: a mistake. "

Your logic is dizzying: Anti-racism protests in America start taking the knee -> Black Lives Matter becomes slogan -> BLM fundraising/organising group say they themselves personally are Marxists -> Anyone taking the knee is promoting Marxism.

"Sorry lads, you'll have to stop protesting about racism in case you accidentally make people communists".
No, this is you just trying to deflect again and once more coming to your own ridiculous conclusions.
The above post is childish in its assertions.

No, this is you just trying to deflect again and once more coming to your own ridiculous conclusions.
The above post is childish in its assertions.
So I haven't been trying to differentiate between the organising group and the ongoing worldwide movement?

With all due respect comparing the annual rememberence of our war dead to taking the knee is nonsense and not well thought through.

Tyrone a very highly paid sportsman, is of course entitled to his opinion but perhaps it is he who should educate himself as ultimately he is coercing supporters of the club he plays for to conform to his way of thinking.

Perhaps he and you ought to read some of Thomas Sowells work and educate yourselves. If Tyrone who seems to view everything about his being, through the lens of race cannot see that race relations in this country have unfortunately been put back years by this incessant identity politics and virtue signalling (taking the knee etc) all derived it seems from a country thousands of miles away it is very sad.

There's an apt saying for all this "If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail" .

I didn't compare...I'd move onto talking politics in the game and raised a very similar instance that gets people's backs up. Arguably having Kick It Out on the shirts is also political, but it's a political point that nobody actually has an issue with.

It's also an interesting use of the word coerce, as I'm yet to see anyone disagree with the thrust of his standpoint - simply choosing to criticise the vehicle chosen because of the wider implications - with the wider implications seemingly not being Mings' greater beliefs anyway.

Not sure why I need to educate myself on the roots of the knee?

Just clicked on this thread in the vain hope that someone had replied to my post about Tyrone and his improvement since the Covid outbreak..... I'll get me coat....
:scoot:

Has anyone noticed whether Tyrone chews gum when he plays for England? Not the most important point in the world but I’m interested just the same!

I think Tyrone thinks the chewing gum thing makes him looks a bit harder, like we all did it at school when we were teenagers.

If only he was actually a bit harder to match the chiseled 6 pack, every time he gets the slightest knock he’s rolling around like he’s been shot.

Mings had a great game yesterday. And I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as was made out in the warm up games either. Junior 1 saying despite yesterday Mings still getting lots of social media hate. Weird.

Don't get it . He seems to be one of these players that gets the criticism whatever he does and often it's for the most bizarre things whether chewing gum or pointing and shouting which is clearly in his game/character . Last season for us he was the go to boo boy I thought when there were equal candidates worthy.
Always have said that I think he is a fine defender and like any other player is prone to lapses . Don't see his lapses as anymore or less than anyone else yet he gets under the microscope much more in my humble.

People won't flex these days though, they are either for or against, totally binary, no shades of grey.

I say when he's had a bad game, but like yesterday, MORE than happy to say he's had a good game. Also thought he spoke well after it and he was quite sweet (I know, I know, but he was) in some of his responses.

To be fair, I do sometimes think you are dug in on the positives, which isn't really a very offensive thing for me to say I don't think! He has some stinkers in my opinion and some top games as well. I think he has more lapses than many, but when he cuts those out, he's a really good player.

I think my point about .. oh, the pointing, is only when he's making enough mistakes himself, to concentrate on his game, not on everyone elses. I would love to see him at home with his family. I can imagine him organising his wife for getting a cuppa etc. LOL