Playoff Final Build Up | Page 3 | Vital Football

Playoff Final Build Up

Pool were quite cute limiting sales up to 4000.
That meant at 25% capacity that STHs could have attended home games if we had been allowed.
I don't like the line in bold:
Tickets will be offered to season ticket holders on a first come, first served basis. Based on season ticket holder sales to attend the play-off semi-final, second leg at home to Oxford United, the Club hopes and expects that it will be able to satisfy demand from all of its approximate 4,000 season ticket holders, players and staff.

Pool were quite cute limiting sales up to 4000.
That meant at 25% capacity that STHs could have attended home games if we had been allowed.
I don't like the line in bold:
Tickets will be offered to season ticket holders on a first come, first served basis. Based on season ticket holder sales to attend the play-off semi-final, second leg at home to Oxford United, the Club hopes and expects that it will be able to satisfy demand from all of its approximate 4,000 season ticket holders, players and staff.
Banking on some STHs not wanting/being able to go, which I think will be the case.

As previously mentioned, even if all STHs do want to go, you still have a 90%+ chance of getting tickets.

Given that the club purposely capped ST sales at 25% capacity (whereas other clubs sold well over this), you can't really blame SS for being annoyed about being contacted regarding refunds: he's had to fund the club this season far more than he'd budgeted for... thank fuck the Oystons aren't still in charge; we'd be fucked!

Those who wanted refunds - did they get them?
They will be gutted now.
My STs price + £ I gave from last season means home games on ifollow have cost me over £40 / game each.
It's not about the £, but just relieved it looks like I'll get mine.

Those who wanted refunds - did they get them?
They will be gutted now.
My STs price + £ I gave from last season means home games on ifollow have cost me over £40 / game each.
It's not about the £, but just relieved it looks like I'll get mine.
Think, if memory serves me correctly, the club had agreed to some refund requests (in cases of extreme hardship). Without wanting to sound glib, anyone in that situation wouldn't have the money for Wembley?

I'm glad it looks like all STHs who want to go will get tickets. Well deserved.

My dad has 2 st"s one for himself + a carer. the carers one is not recognised when trying to link to be able to buy as a group and as its limited to one per person ( he has one email address ) he wouldnt be able to purchase the 2nd whatever the case. I know my work schedule for Monday, wait until allocated time and stay at desk until purchased, then maybe i might go :fish: or for a :guiness: its a grand life taking early retirement.

Think, if memory serves me correctly, the club had agreed to some refund requests (in cases of extreme hardship). Without wanting to sound glib, anyone in that situation wouldn't have the money for Wembley?

I'm glad it looks like all STHs who want to go will get tickets. Well deserved.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

My dad has 2 st"s one for himself + a carer. the carers one is not recognised when trying to link to be able to buy as a group and as its limited to one per person ( he has one email address ) he wouldnt be able to purchase the 2nd whatever the case. I know my work schedule for Monday, wait until allocated time and stay at desk until purchased, then maybe i might go :fish: or for a :guiness: its a grand life taking early retirement.

In those circumstances sounds like it would be sensible to phone the ticket office rather than trying to do online

Given that the club purposely capped ST sales at 25% capacity (whereas other clubs sold well over this), you can't really blame SS for being annoyed about being contacted regarding refunds: he's had to fund the club this season far more than he'd budgeted for... thank fuck the Oystons aren't still in charge; we'd be fucked!

100%! If the Oystons had been in control then with Covid we'd have folded. There's NO way they would have funded our survival.

100%! If the Oystons had been in control then with Covid we'd have folded. There's NO way they would have funded our survival.
More likely he would have made many staff redundant, furloughed most of the others on minimum wage, had playing squad of 11 youth players, taken any Government grants / loans, had a sand covered pitch and pigeon poo everywhere. And of course written off losses against his other companies for tax purposes

We do know Prem. Bob is 100 percent correct on this. Your mates Karl and Owen would have sold the stadium for scrap and flogged the ground for car parking.
Sp am I no one knows the unknown one can only speculate.....Let’s look to the future get behind the Owner,Manager and team and win or lose cheer them all the way....And or course pray for a win.

Neil Critchley's mission to make Blackpool proud
Neil Critchley hopes his Blackpool side have helped to restore pride in the football club.
By Matt Scrafton
Monday, 24th May 2021, 8:00 am

The Seasiders head to Wembley on Sunday to compete in the League One play-off final, the eighth such promotion decider in the club’s history.

Lincoln City stand in the way of Pool clinching a return to the Championship after a six-year absence, which has included a season in League Two.

QVNIMTIwNzU3NjA2.jpg
Neil Critchley shared in the Blackpool fans' emotion after winning through to the play-off final

It’s been a long, hard road back for the Seasiders, who had to endure off-pitch battles with the despised Oyston ownership.
But under Critchley and new custodian Simon Sadler, the future certainly looks bright for the club, regardless of what happens at Wembley next weekend.
In a fabulous season, it has been difficult for Critchley and his players to strike up a bond with the fans, who have been locked out for almost the whole campaign due to the pandemic.
But the Seasiders certainly made their feelings heard on Friday night, when 4,000 fans returned to witness the breathless second leg of Pool’s triumphant play-off semi-final against Oxford United.

Boasting a 3-0 lead from the first leg, Pool completed the job with an entertaining, topsy-turvy 3-3 draw.
Head coach Critchley said: “I said before the game I hoped our performance would make the fans proud, but they made me and the players proud with the way they supported the team.
“It was quite emotional walking around the ground at the end seeing what it meant to the supporters.
“You could see on their faces the passion they’ve got for the team and how happy they were.

“It’s been such a difficult time for everyone in this country and we wanted to bring some pride back to the people of this town.
“This team has gone some way in giving the people of Blackpool some hope and excitement. We want that to continue.
“We’re still not finished, we have a job to do. We want to go to Wembley and win to give the supporters a special day.”
Critchley was visibly emotional as he beat his chest and cheered the Blackpool fans during a lap of honour after the final whistle. Normally an understated character who likes to keep his emotions in check, Critchley admitted it was nice to finally let off some steam.

“We’re all football supporters at the end of the day, I’m a football fan,” he said.
“I’m used to being in the stands myself and I follow teams, so I know what it means.
“I have that passion inside me. You don’t always see that, I don’t always show it visibly but I can assure you it’s there.
“I love seeing that passion and that emotion, so for us to share that with the supporters gives me a fantastic feeling."

Sp am I no one knows the unknown one can only speculate.....Let’s look to the future get behind the Owner,Manager and team and win or lose cheer them all the way....And or course pray for a win.
For someone who is a) quite happy to speculate on things normally and b) regularly talks about the past, you seem strangely reticent when it comes to the Oystons.

For someone who is a) quite happy to speculate on things normally and b) regularly talks about the past, you seem strangely reticent when it comes to the Oystons.
I have moved on and look to the future ,but like to remember the good things like getting to the Premiership ...Hopefully more good times to come.....