Playoff Final Build Up | Page 5 | Vital Football

Playoff Final Build Up

People say I am too negative in my score predictions (partly tactical). Well, as soon as we secured our playoff place against Doncaster in early May I booked our train tickets to London. There's positive for you! Decent deal as well - 2 first class returns from Newark to Kings Cross for £82. Unfortunately, Newark is the main departure point for the Lincoln fans. Should be interesting!

Former Blackpool and Lincoln hero Gary Taylor-Fletcher has play-off final dilemma
Blackpool favourite Gary Taylor-Fletcher will have split loyalties when the Seasiders take on another of his former clubs Lincoln City in the League One play-off final on Sunday.
By Matt Scrafton
Tuesday, 25th May 2021, 8:00 am

While the 39-year-old achieved great heights during his six-year stint on the Fylde coast, helping Pool reach the Premier League in 2010, it was at Sincil Bank where the ex-forward really got his career under way.

After struggling for game time at Leyton Orient, Taylor-Fletcher was brought to Lincoln in 2003 by Keith Alexander, who he had previously played for at non-league Northwich Victoria.

QVNIMTIwNzc2NDE0.jpg
Gary Taylor-Fletcher celebrates scoring for Blackpool in the 2010 Championship play-off final

He instantly became a fans’ favourite with the Imps, departing two years later for Huddersfield Town after scoring 27 goals in 85 games and helping the club reach the League Two play-offs two seasons running.
And with two of his former sides set to battle it out for a place in the Championship, ‘GTF’ told The Gazette: “It’s two teams I have a lot of affection for.
“I featured in the play-offs for both teams. Unfortunately I didn’t win one with Lincoln but obviously that fantastic day with Blackpool, getting them up to the Premier League, was an unforgettable experience for myself, my family and the fans.
“It’s two clubs I have very fond memories of and probably the two clubs where I was happiest.

“Blackpool will have the incentive of getting back into the Championship but it’s going to be a tough game. Both teams are really going to go for it, so it should be a great game for the neutral.
“I have mixed emotions because it’s two clubs close to my heart. I couldn’t tell you who I want to go up more.”

still not 100% ours have gone though, money taken, 1.50 print your own , weren't the play offs always close with all clubs named on ticket , and 2.40 booking fee is that per ticket for ticketmaster. talk about milking the fans.

Due to the very short turnaround between the semi-finals and the final, £10
programmes will be posted out first class on Friday 28th May and, therefore they are unlikely to arrive before the game is played.

Well, none of us are to £1.50 Its just that they have to squeeze that every greedy last penny they can out of us.

People say I am too negative in my score predictions (partly tactical). Well, as soon as we secured our playoff place against Doncaster in early May I booked our train tickets to London. There's positive for you! Decent deal as well - 2 first class returns from Newark to Kings Cross for £82. Unfortunately, Newark is the main departure point for the Lincoln fans. Should be interesting!

Well , a good spin that Goebels, Cummings or Alistair Campbell would be proud of but I must point out that the noted prophet of doom always had the fall back of a day out in London.:rotfl: