Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City

Sounds good. I've had a gin too many responding to some of the posts on here tonight, which is now affecting the coherence of my posts, so goodnight may be in order!

Best of luck with the dementia support, we have family issues in that regard and it's bloody difficult so I have a huge amount of respect for people like you who work with people with such illnesses, particularly in the last 14 months.

I work in the care industry and have done since 30th June 2010, thanks to my Grandad, who had dementia and lived at the care home I work in.

I was spending 6 or so hours a day with him while I was looking for a job, and spotted an opportunity. The person there doing activities needed help with fundraising, so I typed a letter to the owner and he offered me a job, so now I do activities and fundraising there.

For those that tweet and bitch about me, they perhaps ought to realise I haven't had the easiest of 10-15 or so years, mainly because of seriously poor mental health, which is something I hope to talk about openly in the future.

I work in the care industry and have done since 30th June 2010, thanks to my Grandad, who had dementia and lived at the care home I work in.

I was spending 6 or so hours a day with him while I was looking for a job, and spotted an opportunity. The person there doing activities needed help with fundraising, so I typed a letter to the owner and he offered me a job, so now I do activities and fundraising there.

For those that tweet and bitch about me, they perhaps ought to realise I haven't had the easiest of 10-15 or so years, mainly because of seriously poor mental health, which is something I hope to talk about openly in the future.
Sorry, I didn't know that.

So, you don't believe that with better team selections we would not have performed so abysmally at home? Particularly against lower end teams. Look, I believe in the manager, but he is not the Messiah.
No he's not, but he's not a naughty boy either. The home form has been frustrating at times, none of us enjoy watching promotion candidates unpicked by teams heading for relegation, Rochdale in particular comes to mind.

The general set up suits playing away from home, and sides who press, or play 3 at the back, have choked our natural game at Sincil Bank.

Which is why the final league position is a monumental over-achievement.

Would it have been different on a normal season with crowds? Academic.

No he's not, but he's not a naughty boy either. The home form has been frustrating at times, none of us enjoy watching promotion candidates unpicked by teams heading for relegation, Rochdale in particular comes to mind.

The general set up suits playing away from home, and sides who press, or play 3 at the back, have choked our natural game at Sincil Bank.

Which is why the final league position is a monumental over-achievement.

Would it have been different on a normal season with crowds? Academic.
Or a change of system at home?

I don't look at the Twitter stuff, which is a whole different level of toxicity, but I hope the wider perspective of the great work you do with dementia patients helps with the other stuff.

I don't look at the Twitter stuff, which is a whole different level of toxicity, but I hope the wider perspective of the great work you do with dementia patients helps with the other stuff.

Running this website and my job just about keeps me going mentally, though there are many things people don't know, that I might have in me to post in the future.

Unfortunately, we live in a World full of judgemental/immoral people, who would prefer to judge people on their "mistakes", rather than question why they made them and support them....

None of us is all good, none of us is all bad. Most of us are trying to do right, but once in a while falling a bit short.

We do, however, all support the finest club in the land and are proud Imps. Stay safe and healthy everyone. :wave:

Rogers was a liability during the period that cost us automatic promotion, giving the ball away constantly and bringing on massive pressure on our depleted midfield and defence. More recently he has done far more defensive work but still frustrating as hell. If the Imps don't make it he will be the main target of abuse!!!!
I agree that he will be picked in front of Scully and TJ behind Poole, That is the managers choice.

Really??? I think Rogers is a fantastic player... and has been very good for us. I also think he may end up playing right at the very top.

Ok, more measured perspective after sleep 🤔. Didn’t enjoy that performance or result, as a one-off game, but I fully understand what MA has done/is doing and trust his judgement. Not sure about the momentum thing - it’s been proved both ways in the past, so let’s just see what happens. Be very interesting to see what he does against Wimbledon, but main thing is that I hope he gets to play his desired first team to do the job in the POs & they’re all fit & raring to go🤞.