Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 52 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

You're quite right, I could take football supporters in general more seriously if they were at least consistent.

If anyone is brave enough to look at Peterborough's forum you'll find a large number of posters, probably half, either think the penalty was justified on its own merits (:eek:) or that it is merely karma on the basis of Lincoln's own cheating, whether that's yesterday, last month, in the last year....

These are the sort of mental gymnastics we all take part in to make ourselves feel better when we are completely in the wrong, certainly the only sort of gymnastics I ever do.

As Exhibit B I'll remind everyone of the Wembley win over Shrewsbury and the high proportion of our fans who thought Matt Rhead unintentionally committed ABH on Dean Henderson and it was definitely right not to send him off.

Um Rheady did nothing wrong at Wembley. What did happen was the Shrewsbury keeper recklessly flung himself into Rheady who was innocently hanging around in the vicinity.

Can’t add much to what’s been said. Just can’t get over it. Really want to know what the ref said in his report, the more you watch it the more you wonder what he gave it for.

Neither can I, even struggled to sleep last night because I was so p1ssed off, still am tbh. Wouldn’t have been as bad quite as bad against a different club if it wasn’t those Pish b@stards.

I saw an explanation on the Sunderland forum that suggested he got the teams mixed up and thought Scully was the attacker but didn’t have the balls to change his mind in the moment. There might be something to this as it makes more sense than looking at it and believing Scully committed a foul.

And the Posh Trlegraph still says Scully fouled Szmodics for that pen. Also that Szmodics was in floods of tears after the game!. Tears of laughter through cheating that penalty.

floods of tears because he us not up to the Championship more like

Last edited:
Can’t add much to what’s been said. Just can’t get over it. Really want to know what the ref said in his report, the more you watch it the more you wonder what he gave it for.
Would be more interested to know what his assessor said both after and in his written report. He will be 'rested'.

This forum gets more hilarious by the week. Lockdown getting to a fair few I think.

Even if we did win, we would have needed pboro to lose and for us to win - there was never a guarantee of autos if we won.

The ref being corrupt and fixing, yet we had a 3-0 lead and gave us the penalty to make it 3-0, he could have easily blew for a “foul” by Rogers, seen plenty of refs who would have.

Embarrassing some of the accusations.

Let’s get promoted at Wembley, let’s play Peterborough next season in the Championship and let’s stuff the cheating barstewards. Even better if Szmodics gives us a pen or better still and own goal. I believe football has a way of providing Karma, it’s just a matter of patience that is required from us.

Let’s get promoted at Wembley, let’s play Peterborough next season in the Championship and let’s stuff the cheating barstewards. Even better if Szmodics gives us a pen or better still and own goal. I believe football has a way of providing Karma, it’s just a matter of patience that is required from us.
Chances are Szmodics will be moved on by next season knowing Posh 😂🤣

Even if we did win, we would have needed pboro to lose and for us to win - there was never a guarantee of autos if we won.
There was every chance of us winning Charlton and the Dons.
A post on the Donny forum states Posh with Ferguson in charge haven't beaten Donny in 10 attempts. Posh could only manage a draw last Tuesday at London Rd. We'll never know now though.