Our Fishy Friends | Page 38 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Unfortunately, because they had a total in their history of about 6 seasons in the second tier, many of their supporters and it seems their chairman get a little deluded.

Although they mostly haven't come to terms with 21st century reality of their new station in the football hierarchy you do have to give credit to the fact that between 1980 and 2003 they had seventeen seasons (out of 22) in the 2nd Division.

It's history now, but it's still history that is in living memory of most of us.

Although they mostly haven't come to terms with 21st century reality of their new station in the football hierarchy you do have to give credit to the fact that between 1980 and 2003 they had seventeen seasons (out of 22) in the 2nd Division.

It's history now, but it's still history that is in living memory of most of us.
I was talking about Sarfend - not the Cods....

The other player involved in the headbutt incident didn't play in the second half, afters in the dressing room at half-time?

Incredibly, Wrexham went down as far back as 2008. Among their opponents in their first Conference season were Histon, Grays Athletic, Eastbourne Borough and Lewes. The balance of power can change in the blink of an eye.
Their last FL opponents being us I think, they won 4-2?

Hurst has just said that neither of them will play for the club again following the incident last week

Yes. Given thier respective contracts are up in the summer and Payne has a 3 match ban to serve anyway.

Although, finding a new club is going to be a significant challenge, with that incident on their CV.

They'll just blame each other. Both for the altercation and the cock up over procurement of the PPE that would have hidden them from the bad publicity.

Unfortunately, because they had a total in their history of about 6 seasons in the second tier, many of their supporters and it seems their chairman get a little deluded.
Must be something in that sea air. Affects Southend AND Grimsby.

If the fish do go down, I hope they do get back, but certainly not until the other ex league clubs have returned, they've done their sentence. I wonder if Grimsby eventually spend as many years in non league as they did in tier 2 during their blip whether their fans will still go around with their heads up their own arse proclaiming to be a big club.? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

There's a lot of ex league clubs down there now. So yes, Grimsby can wait their turn.

7 of top 8 National League are all ones trying to get back. Only Sutton United are the potential new league club. They must have done massively well out of their cup run which ran alongside ours that season. Seems they've used the funds well.

7 of top 8 National League are all ones trying to get back. Only Sutton United are the potential new league club. They must have done massively well out of their cup run which ran alongside ours that season. Seems they've used the funds well.

Although I hope they never do come up. Still horrible memories of going there.