Our Fishy Friends | Page 37 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Incredibly, Wrexham went down as far back as 2008. Among their opponents in their first Conference season were Histon, Grays Athletic, Eastbourne Borough and Lewes. The balance of power can change in the blink of an eye.

I think Southend will go the way of Barnet, who if promotion and relegation from the National League, North and South is allowed will be in the South bit next season

If the fish do go down, I hope they do get back, but certainly not until the other ex league clubs have returned, they've done their sentence. I wonder if Grimsby eventually spend as many years in non league as they did in tier 2 during their blip whether their fans will still go around with their heads up their own arse proclaiming to be a big club.? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

Incredibly, Wrexham went down as far back as 2008.

Thrashed us, at Sincil Bank, in their last League game.

In my memory that game has been set adrift and for some reason I always think of it as happening just 12 months before we were relegated.

Incredibly, Wrexham went down as far back as 2008. Among their opponents in their first Conference season were Histon, Grays Athletic, Eastbourne Borough and Lewes. The balance of power can change in the blink of an eye.
Think Wrexham are now the longest serving members of the National League. It’s sad to see so many traditional clubs languishing in non league. So glad our nightmare is over and hopefully for good.

Historically I would suggest they are more realistically top half div4 bottom half div3. Over half the seasons they have been a football league side they have been in the lowest league. Similar to ourselves.

Unfortunately, because they had a total in their history of about 6 seasons in the second tier, many of their supporters and it seems their chairman get a little deluded.