Our Fishy Friends | Page 36 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

From what I have read or perhaps my misunderstanding is, Fenty is making off like a bandit, with more than that in total?

Yeah, that wasn't including the repayment of his 'benign loans', so overall it'll be a much larger amount. Would be interesting to see how it stacks up against the value he's wiped off the club now that he's sent them plummeting into non-league for a second time.

The remaining fixtures - we can take Walsall out of the equation after tonight's win:

Saturday 17th:
COLCHESTER v Walsall
Exeter v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Bolton
Orient v BARROW

Tuesday 20th:
BARROW v Port Vale
COLCHESTER v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Morecambe

Saturday 24th:
Cheltenham v COLCHESTER
Oldham v GRIMSBY
SOUTHEND v Orient
Tranmere v BARROW

Tuesday 27th:
Exeter v GRIMSBY
Forest Green v BARROW

Saturday 1st May:
BARROW v SOUTHEND
COLCHESTER v Salford
GRIMSBY v Port Vale

Saturday 8th May:
Cambridge v GRIMSBY
Exeter v BARROW
Tranmere v COLCHESTER
SOUTHEND v Newport

Looks like Exeter could have a big say on what happens!

The remaining fixtures - we can take Walsall out of the equation after tonight's win:

Saturday 17th:
COLCHESTER v Walsall
Exeter v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Bolton
Orient v BARROW

Tuesday 20th:
BARROW v Port Vale
COLCHESTER v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Morecambe

Saturday 24th:
Cheltenham v COLCHESTER
Oldham v GRIMSBY
SOUTHEND v Orient
Tranmere v BARROW

Tuesday 27th:
Exeter v GRIMSBY
Forest Green v BARROW

Saturday 1st May:
BARROW v SOUTHEND
COLCHESTER v Salford
GRIMSBY v Port Vale

Saturday 8th May:
Cambridge v GRIMSBY
Exeter v BARROW
Tranmere v COLCHESTER
SOUTHEND v Newport

Should Mansfield be included in this equation now?:yes:

OK, I will bow to requests to include Mansfield, although I hope Mrs R doesn't crack her face in dismay at seeing her expensive hobby in the mire:

Saturday 17th:
COLCHESTER v Walsall
Exeter v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Bolton
Orient v BARROW
Stevenage v MANSFIELD

Tuesday 20th:
BARROW v Port Vale
COLCHESTER v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Morecambe
MANSFIELD v Scunthorpe

Saturday 24th:
Cheltenham v COLCHESTER
Oldham v GRIMSBY
Salford v MANSFIELD
SOUTHEND v Orient
Tranmere v BARROW

Tuesday 27th:
Exeter v GRIMSBY
Forest Green v BARROW

Saturday 1st May:
BARROW v SOUTHEND
COLCHESTER v Salford
GRIMSBY v Port Vale
MANSFIELD v Oldham

Saturday 8th May:
Cambridge v GRIMSBY
Exeter v BARROW
Port Vale v MANSFIELD
Tranmere v COLCHESTER
SOUTHEND v Newport

Hopefully for 4 seasons at least, so we overtake them of years in the FL. They currently stand at 110 compared to our 107.

How do we stand on Lincolnshire Cup wins?
If we are a bit behind, we really ought to go full out to pass them on that total too.
Or maybe we are already tops !

Just to add to the fun, something going on at Scunthorpe with them withdrawing contract offers to a number of players
Cox has had a meltdown after their stuffing at Morecambe. Apparently 'some' of the players don't listen, don't do their home work, aren't good enough and don't care.

Whether it is related to that or other off field measures; I don't know.

I wonder if now they are safe, Cox thinks he can do better in the Summer and those that were too slow mulling over their contracts can do one.

I thought Mansfield owners now live in Portugal and have cut their personal and financial involvement in the stags. they don’t even attend due to tax purpose. I think they appointment a different CEO the chap who’s relative owned Wigan. Very strange club but then again it always has been. I can see clough walking if it gets too shambolic. I think the previous manager did to them what Sutton did to us.

i do wonder if they are about to explode especially if the benefactors get bored which looks like it.

I thought Mansfield owners now live in Portugal and have cut their personal and financial involvement in the stags. they don’t even attend due to tax purpose. I think they appointment a different CEO the chap who’s relative owned Wigan. Very strange club but then again it always has been. I can see clough walking if it gets too shambolic. I think the previous manager did to them what Sutton did to us.

i do wonder if they are about to explode especially if the benefactors get bored which looks like it.
They still put money in and are involved, just moved to Portugal.

Whelan does the day to day stuff.

No chance of Mansfield being dragged into it. Southend are going to have to pick up 10 points from their final 15 just to catch them up.

No chance of Mansfield being dragged into it. Southend are going to have to pick up 10 points from their final 15 just to catch them up.

Yep. I can't see Walsall or Mansfield getting dragged into the dogfight - its two from the bottom three.

If Colchester can conjour up a win v Southend it will almost certainly condems them and the Cods to National League football next season.

Last edited:
From the article;

“It would be a failure on my part if we got relegated,” says Martin. “But, as a club, we would be well placed to come back up again. It wouldn’t be a financial disaster necessarily; it would be a disaster for the fans and me."

I think - if they're relegated- Mr Martin might have a nasty shock coming his way.