Prince Philip dead | Page 6 | Vital Football

Prince Philip dead

Fuck him. I can think of 127,000+ dead people in the last year alone who are more deserving of sympathy than that racist parasite.

Wow !!
What a genuinely nasty, nasty thing to post on a public forum.
And you are a parent ?

We’re all hypocrites. Leave every post. Nobody has the right to MAKE someone change their mind. A dog pooh through all your letter boxes.

T
I think it's another one of those left wing sites masquerading as satire with "amusing" articles. The problem is true satire isn't motivated from one political viewpoint, but pokes fun at everyone, whereas these sort of politically moticated "satire" sites (see also Newsthump and the Mash) only find satire in perceived right wing targets and are silent when there is a good opportunity to poke fune at others.

TBF Waterford Whispers is really good. Lefty but goes after Sinn Fein and TU’s just as easily as after FF and FG. Nothing sacred. Your point though is sound. It’s why Marina Hyde is the bee’s knees and John Crace has descended into dullness.

I'm just glad that AK wasn't here to witness Buddha's post.

It was quite offensive (doesn’t bother me), but I’m not sure A_K is actually that bothered or offended at a lack of respect to Prince Phillip. It’s any comments about his lovely Megan and Harry that he’s concerned about. As I said before, he was throwing his toys out of the pram about any Harry and Megan comments but didn’t seem bothered about comments stating the poster “didn’t give a fuck” about Phillip’s death. Doubt he’d have been concerned about Buddha’s comments. Strange chap.

Apologies for any offence caused. It was a silly and unnecessary comment. I'm genuinely sorry.

Sorry, Buddha. I have less respect for you for deleting/retracting you comment. It’s clearly how you feel as no one goes to the lengths of deciding to post such a thing on social media without considering it.

Your comment was crass and offensive but didn’t offend me personally. If that’s the way you feel, stick to your guns and deal with the response to it.

Funeral 3pm kick off next Saturday...great timing as I will be on my 4 mile walk home from work so will miss it

I'm going to join AK and take a break from this board, maybe permanently, I'll see how it goes.

I know I don't post a huge amount but I do read every thread and every post (no Ignores from me) and too many times recently posters have seriously riled me with their insensitive comments. I've refrained from replying most of the time because it'll serve no purpose other than to cause further arguments or resentment. I know this is a forum where people express their views but too much of it is said in anger or through gritted teeth.

Many posters are old enough to know the sayings 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' and 'behaviour breeds behaviour' but they still persist with posting nasty comments that are essentially nothing but trolling.

Too many Miserable Old Gits or Albert Steptoe's for my liking.

I can't even smoke some spud anymore to chill myself out and think hey ho to the angry people.

In my opinion this board got better for a while after Wayne removed himself, but others have stepped into his shoes now.

I'll be an apologist and apologise to Nobby66 that a well intended thread meant to show respect has descended into a bitchfest and vitriolic chest puffing.

I'm going to join AK and take a break from this board, maybe permanently, I'll see how it goes.

I know I don't post a huge amount but I do read every thread and every post (no Ignores from me) and too many times recently posters have seriously riled me with their insensitive comments. I've refrained from replying most of the time because it'll serve no purpose other than to cause further arguments or resentment. I know this is a forum where people express their views but too much of it is said in anger or through gritted teeth.

Many posters are old enough to know the sayings 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' and 'behaviour breeds behaviour' but they still persist with posting nasty comments that are essentially nothing but trolling.

I can't even smoke some spud anymore to chill myself out and think hey ho to the angry people.

In my opinion this board got better for a while after Wayne removed himself, but others have stepped into his shoes now.

I'll be an apologist and apologise to Nobby66 that a well intended thread meant to show respect has descended into a bitchfest and vitriolic chest puffing.

ooh, I’m gonna scratch your eyes out.

come on AK, no need to leave. I live for being accused of being a moron etc. You have your opinions and are entitled to them.

As far as I can see, nobody has said that Nobby should not feel the way he does, or that he should not provide a fitting tribute.

Some will agree with him but there is no point in just posting "I agree" without expressing the reason for your opinion. That is what is interesting and makes this board worthwhile. Some of the anecdotes mentioned on here have been truly educational.

Similarly, like the rest of us, Prince Phil will have had his faults and given other people reasons not to like him. Whether this is the time (or in good taste) to express that may be debatable but, if not based on slander or libel, it is surely valid?

What I do believe is that we need to respect everyone's opinion and the right to hold and express it.

Needless to say, I disagreed with WK about Brexit but respected his right to his opinion. I disagree with AK about the Harry and Meghan issue but respect his right to "defend" them, even though that seems a bit perverse when all they have done is "attack" an institution that can not defend itself.

I would actually be in favour of doing away with the "reply" function on here (even though I use it), as that seems to me to encourage a "you don't know what you are talking about" attitude.

If you want to express a contrary opinion, then do so from scratch, and do not refer to anyone else's previous post in an attempt to belittle them.

Last edited: