Prince Philip dead | Page 5 | Vital Football

Prince Philip dead

Could AK actually be MM?

The desperation to take what they believe to be the moral high ground despite calling someone shitshy, plus the control freakery over other people's posts does raise some suspicion:hmmm:

I am not a royals supporter but see it from a different angle.

1. agree that every channel covering it at the same time was an overkill even though the content was surprisingly good. Nothing compared to the ridiculous coverage of Di where even music channels stopped.
2. If you leave aside who the duke was and just look at what he achieved as a human being in history then he was an amazing guy. Someone who started the WWF, Duke of Edinburghs Award and the fight for playing fields throughout the country should be looked upon in a good light. He actually did many more things that people did not know about. He could have just sat back and had a comfy life.

Don't forget to close the door on your way out.

I am completely shocked and undone by the utter lack of respect for tradition, duty and public service being displayed on this thread. AK, never let it be forgotten, while others moaned, pulled at their hair, and finally freed up some time to do useful things, led us to the promised land so we could sit on here engaging in long, predictable rallies just like ladies' tennis. A veritable Moses, and yet here you all are with knives and forks at the ready to devour the golden calf. Well good luck with that I say. And now to the football.

I am not a royals supporter but see it from a different angle.

1. agree that every channel covering it at the same time was an overkill even though the content was surprisingly good. Nothing compared to the ridiculous coverage of Di where even music channels stopped.
2. If you leave aside who the duke was and just look at what he achieved as a human being in history then he was an amazing guy. Someone who started the WWF, Duke of Edinburghs Award and the fight for playing fields throughout the country should be looked upon in a good light. He actually did many more things that people did not know about. He could have just sat back and had a comfy life.
WWF? Is that why it was called the Royal Rumble?

We have become a board full of snowflakes on both sides lol.

Well what are you then ....

I am taking my ball home ....

Lol, lol.

Greek immigrant dies. State tv takes over. Nation mourns a racist and sexist parasite. Tories free to push on with authoritarian takeover whilst everyone looks the other way.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2021/04/09/greek-immigrant-who-lived-off-welfare-dies-in-england/

What a childish article. Mostly untrue so does not help with any sensible discussion.
Nearly every part is false, the guy was born into his position and could have sat down and did nothing but instead used his position for at least some good.

When we look at historic figures we take them as a whole, warts and all. Facts are surely the only requirement and not our biased opinions. All humans have flaws and in general are a product of their environment.

Fuck him. I can think of 127,000+ dead people in the last year alone who are more deserving of sympathy than that racist parasite.
Fuck him? If he does lie in state, you might get the chance. He would be face up, so it would have to be missionary position.

Fuck him. I can think of 127,000+ dead people in the last year alone who are more deserving of sympathy than that racist parasite.

But, let's not forget that it's those criticising Megan and Harry for making a dying man's last months miserable that are the offensive ones and the ones who should be called out as evil and nasty!

RIP Sir Prince Philip and RIP A_K!

My point was not one of sympathy (as i have none for the royals) but one of facts.

The article was lazy and non factual. .

My point was not one of sympathy (as i have none for the royals) but one of facts.

The article was lazy and non factual. .

I think it's another one of those left wing sites masquerading as satire with "amusing" articles. The problem is true satire isn't motivated from one political viewpoint, but pokes fun at everyone, whereas these sort of politically moticated "satire" sites (see also Newsthump and the Mash) only find satire in perceived right wing targets and are silent when there is a good opportunity to poke fune at others.

I don't think this thread has gone quite as Nobby would have hoped.

I remember on my way to work a few years ago being stopped by a German TV crew who were in London doing a piece about the seventieth wedding anniversary. I was asked what it meant to me. I explained that even at my age I had only ever known a world with the Queen and Prince Philip. It is this stability for so many decades that gives a sense of loss.

I don't mind what others think of Prince Philip - but I only have good thoughts to carry forward.