Prince Philip dead | Vital Football

Prince Philip dead

Shame he didn't make the century. I share the same birthday as him, although he used to look younger than me, probably doesn't now. RIP Philip, you gave us some good laughs on your journey!

I knew someone who served with him during the War and there were a host of stories about him and from elsewhere. Out of respect I'll save these for another day. RIP.

Shame he didn't make the century. I share the same birthday as him, although he used to look younger than me, probably doesn't now. RIP Philip, you gave us some good laughs on your journey!
I would have loved to have known if he would get a letter from the queen on his 100th birthday.

Really ?
So let’s see who turns up to the funeral.
Obviously Harry will be there but I doubt the compulsive liar wife will be welcome by the nation.

She wouldn't want to be there so I think the stage of pregnancy will be convenient, if questions are asked.

Harry will probably only be given the briefest pass, so will be expected to head back as soon as physically possible. Again, convenient for all and sundry.

A good knock indeed and such great service to this country and his beloved wife.
Everyone has skeletons but you can't beat what the man has done, especially for young of this country.

Actually, I’ve done him a disservice there. It was a great knock and he deserved to raise his bat.

As you say Nobby, not always PC was our Philip, but he didn’t seem to have a bad intent in anything, just a product of his era and his causes were/are remarkable. He will be greatly missed, not least by his wife. 70(?) years married?

Isn’t there still a limit on funeral attendees at the moment anyway? I am sure MM will swerve it, but Harry will probably come over. He could watch it on tv anyway I expect. Or via Zoom, as my cousin had to when her father (my uncle) was cremated last year.

Isn’t there still a limit on funeral attendees at the moment anyway? I am sure MM will swerve it, but Harry will probably come over. He could watch it on tv anyway I expect. Or via Zoom, as my cousin had to when her father (my uncle) was cremated last year.
You're right of course but those restrictions are just for for the service itself. Who knows how many will line the route of his procession? Its a difficult one as stopping people from trying to pay their respects will be nigh on impossible.