Well this is embarrassing | Page 3 | Vital Football

Well this is embarrassing

Surely this reflects well on our club that we are inclusive.
Once again this is something that has been hijacked by outside forces, and jumped upon by a largely anti semitic media.

Why do these articles seem to only hit the headlines when it’s Villa? Do Man Utd or Liverpool avoid such celebrations unlike our club who try to be inclusive to wittonites point, or do they have ten times the number or “angry” likes, but it goes unreported because they aren’t allowed to be seen in such light?

I don’t know where I stand on it, on the one hand it’s free speech and if someone doesn’t like Christmas then that’s fine by me - I don’t particularly like it myself, I’m not going to lose sleep if someone of another faith puts an angry emoji online.

Almost certainly people who have started following us on social media since we signed Elmo and in particular Trezeguet.

It's what they believe. If we discriminate against them because of it are we then committing a hate crime? This is the problem with making "hate" which is merely a human emotion illegal. As for Aston Villa I have never experienced anything racist etc in all my years going to Villa Park. Villan57 made a good post, there is an interesting dynamic developing where most football fans are still white but Black players will soon constitute the majority on the players. Yet and still football is heavily targeted by endless anti racism campaigns. Why not highlight the over whelming anti racism that takes place in the game instead of 13 reports of "alleged hate crimes". I'm pretty sure that within 2 or 3 generations 90% of the England team will be black yet I am told every time I watch football that the sport is racist.

Almost certainly people who have started following us on social media since we signed Elmo and in particular Trezeguet.

Any evidence for that? There's enough scum in this country who are anti-semetic and anti anything which is outside their warped view of the world.

It's what they believe. If we discriminate against them because of it are we then committing a hate crime? This is the problem with making "hate" which is merely a human emotion illegal. As for Aston Villa I have never experienced anything racist etc in all my years going to Villa Park. Villan57 made a good post, there is an interesting dynamic developing where most football fans are still white but Black players will soon constitute the majority on the players. Yet and still football is heavily targeted by endless anti racism campaigns. Why not highlight the over whelming anti racism that takes place in the game instead of 13 reports of "alleged hate crimes". I'm pretty sure that within 2 or 3 generations 90% of the England team will be black yet I am told every time I watch football that the sport is racist.
In the nicest possible way, this is gibberish mate.

What you're saying is that whilst the game proportionally makes its money off the backs of black labour, we shouldn't be doing anything about stopping them getting horrific racial abuse.

They should be allowed to do their job without it and that's a good message to send to any kids and unfortunately more than a few adults.

Someone I forget who posted in Witton Lane that they were mainly people from the Middle East posting so if true it really has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with society.

I mentioned too in one of the threads it's the same reaction when there's an LGBT post. Thousands of angry faces and vile comments, all with Arabic names, or at least 99.9%. These are obviously made up of the Trezeguet fanboys that came aboard after he signed.

It's a very misleading story, and a damaging one to Villa.

If you discriminate on hate and commit a crime, it's far more than an emotion.

The problem here is we aren't inside the Israeli/Palestine bubble.

If you discriminate on hate and commit a crime, it's far more than an emotion.

The problem here is we aren't inside the Israeli/Palestine bubble.

The problem here we have Aston Villa trying to be British PC and forgetting how vile the rest of the world is compared to us, we live in this multicultural bubble and many of us think the whole world lives like this when they don't. If you make posts on the internet that go out to the world you will get hate mail. We as in the people of this country are very fortunate to live where we do even if some don't appreciate it

But it's done for our fans, not for the hangers on elsewhere. The club has done nothing wrong and we've done these messages for years now with no issue.

So what's changed.

The followers we have gained recently who probably couldn't tell Villa Park from Gigg Lane and a worsening social media.

But it's done for our fans, not for the hangers on elsewhere. The club has done nothing wrong and we've done these messages for years now with no issue.

So what's changed.

The followers we have gained recently who probably couldn't tell Villa Park from Gigg Lane and a worsening social media.

Changed since we got back on the PL mate with its plastic foreign fans"supporting" their boy Sammata or Trez, they don't follow a club they follow one of their own.
They don't have the same culture as us , dare I say they are a little bit behind us in the PC stakes