The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the boy has it, the more and more I see him. I just see some little glimpses, the little things he does. Its so refreshing to be able to bring a player into the team steadily and not be looking for him to make an immediate step up.

Unless we lose Luiz I don't think we necessarily need another CM other than singing Barkley permanently or a replacement for him.
are you for real ... sign barkley :eek: if we could get him for about 8 million then yes maybe would be ok as a squad players but i fail to see how chelsea can pay £15 million for a player and try and sell him for £35-40 million when he has never held down a regular place and played under some of the best managers in the world we already have too many players that dont give 100% without adding to that what we need is consistency

I think we'll go for improving squad depth. Players who can genuinely step into the first team when needed, and who can support a couple of cup runs. And maybe a European campaign.

Salah is on £200K a week at Liverpool and at 28 years of age I think we couldn't afford him.

Of course, we can afford him if they do away with FFP which is the whole reason I mentioned him. If he'd sign for us is another thing.

Some fans are clamouring for a big name fancy dan manager, and this is just the sort of player a big-name manager would want to buy, they don't take Championship players they love expensive ready-made big names.

Will it happen no of course it won't unless they do away with FFP and we change our whole philosophy of having "young and hungry" nobody over 25

I think we'll go for improving squad depth. Players who can genuinely step into the first team when needed, and who can support a couple of cup runs. And maybe a European campaign.
we need to replace a fair few of the squad if we are too carry on climbing the table we lack quality and we need too add at least 2 seasoned pros with experience .its all well and good to have one ofe the youngest sides in the prem but we lack quality

And pray why not Buendia, he creates a lot, which would take the pressure off Jack plus, he's already proved he can do it in the prem. If not him who would you suggest?
how many chances has Buendia created in the prem ???? we cant keep buying championship players .we players with experience like wolves do with there older more seasoned players

I'd put Trossard on the list to start with. Affordable and gettable.
Big priority for me though is we get that DCM orchestrater in this summer, a Michael Carrick type player with excellent distribution and positional awareness

I'd put Trossard on the list to start with. Affordable and gettable.
Big priority for me though is we get that DCM orchestrater in this summer, a Michael Carrick type player with excellent distribution and positional awareness
Surely the last few weeks have proven we need more players with creativity rather than defensive minded players?

Also Trossard is ok but hardly world beating. He’s scored less than Traore only a couple more assists after more minutes played. It would be a sideways or even backwards step there certainly must be better in Germany, Spain, Italy or France

Disagree.

Players who are currently 'in the first team' (not all of them lol) will become the squad depth. We need better players in the first team in a number of places if we are to improve.

Luiz is in the midst of a garbage season crisp packet , Nakamba can't spray the ball about. We are not fine in this area.
Luiz hasn't had that bad of a season and there's clearly more priorities given the lack of potency in front of goal and lack of chances being created with Grealish out. A blind man riding a horse can see that.

Point is bar Grealish the whole midfield needs improving so the whole area is a priority. The likes of Luiz will be bench material or moved on, honestly struggling to remember what he's contributed this season other than a red card at wolves and a needless penalty given away at Utd (yes dive but Luiz naivety was poor)

Status
Not open for further replies.