The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Summer 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree.

Players who are currently 'in the first team' (not all of them lol) will become the squad depth. We need better players in the first team in a number of places if we are to improve.

Exactly my sentiments, this team is a starting point some will improve, some will fall by the wayside. We won't be buying players to pad out the squad.
We brought in Matt Cash and Martinez they weren't needed according to many on this forum, they have not only played every game they were available for but gone on to be star players. We have to take players when they are available regardless of whether we need them or not.
For instance, it would be better if Matt Targett was on the bench rather than Neil Taylor because that means we have a player even better than Targett.

Some element of reality is needed. The owners are great for this club, but that in part is because they are businessmen. Players are an investment, and they will go for players whose value will increase. So players like Cash and Martinez are exactly up their street. They won't pay over the odds for anybody and they will think very hard about paying a high price for any single player. Also, there is a limit to what they'll pay in any given season.

I'd be surprised if there's a big splash out this summer. They'll go for a limited number of targets who will give us greater squad depth. Sanson is typical.

Some element of reality is needed. The owners are great for this club, but that in part is because they are businessmen. Players are an investment, and they will go for players whose value will increase. So players like Cash and Martinez are exactly up their street. They won't pay over the odds for anybody and they will think very hard about paying a high price for any single player. Also, there is a limit to what they'll pay in any given season.

I'd be surprised if there's a big splash out this summer. They'll go for a limited number of targets who will give us greater squad depth. Sanson is typical.

Maybe, they aren't here as out and out fans, they must want something in the end out of all this.

BUT I don't think they are here to stand still either? Be no profit in that I don't think.

So I think they know, if we finish around 10th, then the next step up is going to be just as costly as what they have done already.

Tough one isn't it?

Maybe, they aren't here as out and out fans, they must want something in the end out of all this.

BUT I don't think they are here to stand still either? Be no profit in that I don't think.

So I think they know, if we finish around 10th, then the next step up is going to be just as costly as what they have done already.

Tough one isn't it?

From what we’ve seen so far this season and the players are still aiming for Europe which I give ourselves a 5% possibility, I think with the right investment surely the aim is Europe next season, If they do manage to get us back there then I believe they’ll start reaping the rewards in the future, However like you say the next step could be just as costly and hopefully they’re prepared for that especially if they want to keep Grealish.

We do need to dodge teams that want us to pay over the odds for players like Brooks and Barkley, some will have you believe their value is a combined 80m.

I really hope they do invest and that the scouts pick well. We are 3 quality midfielders and 1 quality striker away from mixing it with the elite. That doesn't sound too much to ask now does it.

We need to be the first ones to snap up Micheal Olise for 8m with his release clause, I just feel that lad will be one of the best in the future, one of the most talented 19 year olds I’ve seen play even if it’s in the Championship, lads got a big future.
He certainly fits the young and hungry criteria but would he be good enough to go straight into the first team?
Courtinhio at £20m is an interesting proposition.

He certainly fits the young and hungry criteria but would he be good enough to go straight into the first team?
Courtinhio at £20m is an interesting proposition.

I think he could have good spells in the first team and the kinda player you want to bring on in the last 25 minutes when you’re winning the game comfortably to get game time, he can play either wing or in the number 10 position, but also would be a very handy player to have if we do have someone injured across the line on the attacking front, so far he’s scored 5 goals and assisted 10 and literally has mad skills, for 8m he’s the kind of player who would be worth 40m in a couple of seasons, I think he’s created 58 chances so far as well.

Who knows who we will get, I just hope we’re smart about it and cut our losses when the times right for certain individuals, this is the season where we should be seeing the back of El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Hourihane and having the likes of Olise, Sarr, Thuavin, Buendia to replace them.

Still not convinced Traore will ever make it, chucked in the deep end this season and we’ll be expecting a lot more next, I just don’t see it myself.

Seeing how much we’ve struggled without Grealish and how costly it’s been, you’ve got to say we need to add 2-3 quality creative players who can play in numerous positions so when we have to rejig the team we can.

On your name drop of Countinho I’ve heard he’s available for 35m before the 20m add-on kicks in when he reaches 100 appearances which is in 10 games time so Barcelona want to offload him before that, Although reports also have it he’s on as much as £250k a week.

that Bellingham lad at Dortmund is the young and hungry type that would be nice back up for Marv - 22 shirt no prob to free up either

I think he could have good spells in the first team and the kinda player you want to bring on in the last 25 minutes when you’re winning the game comfortably to get game time, he can play either wing or in the number 10 position, but also would be a very handy player to have if we do have someone injured across the line on the attacking front, so far he’s scored 5 goals and assisted 10 and literally has mad skills, for 8m he’s the kind of player who would be worth 40m in a couple of seasons, I think he’s created 58 chances so far as well.

Who knows who we will get, I just hope we’re smart about it and cut our losses when the times right for certain individuals, this is the season where we should be seeing the back of El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Hourihane and having the likes of Olise, Sarr, Thuavin, Buendia to replace them.

Still not convinced Traore will ever make it, chucked in the deep end this season and we’ll be expecting a lot more next, I just don’t see it myself.

Seeing how much we’ve struggled without Grealish and how costly it’s been, you’ve got to say we need to add 2-3 quality creative players who can play in numerous positions so when we have to rejig the team we can.

On your name drop of Countinho I’ve heard he’s available for 35m before the 20m add-on kicks in when he reaches 100 appearances which is in 10 games time so Barcelona want to offload him before that, Although reports also have it he’s on as much as £250k a week.

The way you describe him and his background seems like the type of lad who is on our radar. I knew nothing of Eze but the people who alerted him on this forum were right. He was the real deal and would have been a great player to have.

When you step back and look at the team they're really just a bunch of workers. Other than Grealish and Traore/AEG when they're on form that's all the team is. We definitely need at a minimum one real and true consistent danger to compliment Jack and then this Olise lad could be a good player to bring along slowly. Sign up our young lads to professional contracts and get them out on loan too.

JUST TO CLARIFY.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PLAYER BEING YOUNG AND HUNGRY.
IT IS A MEANINGLESS CLICHE THAT I THOUGHT HAD LONG SINCE DEPARTED THE FORUM .

THANK YOU .

Disagree.

Players who are currently 'in the first team' (not all of them lol) will become the squad depth. We need better players in the first team in a number of places if we are to improve.

Agree.
This squad , I am hoping is mainly a step up squad.

In my humble players in our current squad who i think will probably stay in as starters if we go for next level are :- Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Luiz, SJ.

(Oh and Keinan, obviously . He still won’t have played and will be waiting for the mythical run of games he needs to show his real worth)

Tough one isn't it?

Think they are ambitious for the club and it's not about money, except they know that using resources wisely, money especially, is essential for that ambition.

And to move upwards next year they know they need more signings. But maybe they'll be Sanson type signings, players who they think have the potential rather than existing stars. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

i liked your response although there is an error in paragraph 2

from what i've seen of Sanson he just looks like another workhorse , we need some creativity, skill , guile and pace. Plus a Michael Carrick type to orchestrate the tempo of games and sit in front of that back 4 distributing balls to the flair players

Think they are ambitious for the club and it's not about money, except they know that using resources wisely, money especially, is essential for that ambition.

And to move upwards next year they know they need more signings. But maybe they'll be Sanson type signings, players who they think have the potential rather than existing stars. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

I think it is partly to become sustainable, so buying who they think they can develop and make money from - but surely most clubs want to pick up the bargains that can be sold on for far more. And most clubs want to pick the best youth, bring them through, develop into established players and sell as well.

Tough trade isn't it!? Some luck, some good judgement and I think a few top class players (you can't buy all 'potential' - not that that is what you are saying) and who knows!

You need at least one big "marquee" signing to show you mean business. Then the others (hopefully) follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.