NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 556 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to lighten the forum up.

You must be ecstatic John that not only has someone paid "full price" for us, but also, (despite them not being from abroad) they seem to have got a very experienced UK team to run the club.

A few weeks - months - ago, we could only dream of where we are right now.

To be fair Bicky, I think given the choice, wouldn't we all?
All down to what motives they have ,me i dont have a problem with foreign ownership
Ok the chinese did us goodstyle ,but im sure not everyone is the same

Given what we both believe to be Lenegan's real intentions, I'm not sure how you think old wounds might have been healed ... and more importantly, why you seem to hold Lisa Nandy responsible for it.

Any road, I don't think we can debate this much more. We seem to have covered it all.

Apart from the "i'll always fight for our club" remark, i reckon she was referring to the Worriers.

She tried and failed fortunately.

I agree though IMO she is by her closeness to Lenegan and statement today "representing" in an unbalanced way in favour of the rugby.
Whilst this is in no way a first in the sporting history of the town for either an MP or council it is more than disappointing.
Thing is given the new ownership the answer to this and many other aspects of the last 9 months will conveniently never come to light and for some will fester.
There was a real opportunity to heal old wounds through this experience- has it been grasped - I don't believe so.
Heal? Lost oppurtunity. Deepened wounds courtesy of Mr Pollard I believe so. Well thats my opinionated view anyway. So sorry to the deeply offended if that is not a fact.

All getting a bit too tetchy & silly on here now....can't believe after the brilliant news yesterday, the feeling of our club being saved, turning a corner & finally having a club to go and support in the not too distant future that a fair few on here are squabbling, bickering & trying to point score instead of looking forward to a bright future with potentially good owners. Fuck the politics, rugby hating & petty poster vendetta & give yourselves a shake ffs.

I can believe it. Fully expected to log on to this forum and see pages of arguing, even after some of the best news in the club's history - I wasn't disappointed! Nature of the board these days! :LOL:

Just a thought
How many of you if any used to travel away games booked through supporters club
Leaving from Springfield park coaches were eavesways always remember brian sabin used to sit on front seat
Low and behold if you sat in that seat little danny and chris coffey used to always be on the coach sadly both no longer with us
Now they where good days

Do the occasional game now on coach, usually the long midweek aways or if dad's away so we can't split driving, tend to drive to most. Used the SC for most aways (apart from local), between about 90 and mid 00's. Always Brian in front seat, Chris, Dave Walsh, Eva and Ron Wanstall, Danny Kennedy, all among the regulars, tended to be the same crowd especially if there was only 1 coach

Kappa take second place for sure. Adidas will always be number one for me though. Not just the shirts but the training gear is great quality as well as you'd expect from such a big name manufacturer.

We have had some shite suppliers of late...poor cut, cheaply made and they just don't hang right. I exclude Kappa from that criticism as they were head and shoulders above the others.

How do we know they have paid the full price. It’s not known till the 31st march
It's been announced John. Contracts have been exchanged. The stuff left to be done won't change this.

Try not to insist on being so pessimistic. It must be very draining.

Quite liked the Kappa ones meself

Did you "turn to the left" ? all makes sense now 😉🤣

Are you serious Hampton about Krappa kits?. Jesus they are pathetic and always look like the cheap nasty rubbish you buy the kids on holiday in Spain. Anybody but Krappa. Adidas the best kits we have had. I've always liked Hummel kits but we never use them.

Quite liked the Kappa ones meself

Did you "turn to the left" ? all makes sense now 😉🤣

I really liked the Kappa ones myself too. I thought they looked very smart. Puma ones are decent too.

I really liked the Championship home shirt we had for 1 season (the Zaki season).

Thought Adidas were pretty bog standard to be honest.

Regarding next season i want our shirts made by the company that gives the club the best deal. Whoever that is.

Regarding Lennegan i think a lot of people are not realising that it wasn't about doing him a favour it was about trying to secure a last resort for us.

If we ended up in a position where there was no viable bidders left we would've needed to use 'Plan B' to stop the club going bust. Plan B would literally be impossible with only the money we had in the bank, we at the very least need Lennegan to buy the stadium if nothing else as there is no way we could afford to lose 1m annually on the ground on top of somehow finding running costs.

I know some would prefer us to go bust rather than having anything to do with Lennegan, but the majority of Latics fans would accept his involvement if it meant we still have a club. Grudges against Lindsay form decades ago will seem pretty irrelevant to thousands on a Saturday afternoon when you haven't got a game because your club died.

Nandy and the SC were 100% right to explore all options with Lennegan if all else failed. If they refused to do so it would have been a dereliction of their responsibilities - they needed to look at the best and worst case scenarios and try and come up with contingencies. Their no.1 priority was to save the club, if Lennegan would help in anyway with that we needed to try and get that last resort in place.

We've thankfully avoided having to use any such last resort, so nothing to worry about. Let's look forward and be glad it never came to that.

I really liked the Kappa ones myself too. I thought they looked very smart. Puma ones are decent too.

I really liked the Championship home shirt we had for 1 season (the Zaki season).

Regarding next season i want our shirts made by the company that gives the club the best deal. Whoever that is.

Castore are a very decent make as is some of their sporting apparel altho a bit on the expensive side. Would be a good tie up with them if the club got some decent money altho think they're in talks to supply a couple of greed league teams.

This now gives the younger people a chance of getting behind the club and management, and hopefully see them move forward to better things, as we oldies did. Especially if we are relegated and start from scratch, this is what is happening to Bolton Sundeland and others. My faith in the people of wigan leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to supporting our club., as Whelan found out, but one can only hope.

In plain blue with white trim.

Are you serious Hampton about Krappa kits?. Jesus they are pathetic and always look like the cheap nasty rubbish you buy the kids on holiday in Spain. Anybody but Krappa. Adidas the best kits we have had. I've always liked Hummel kits but we never use them.
I am Ste - no probs obvs with the Adidas ones - but the design of the Kappas I really liked - especially the white away / 3rd kit 😁

I am Ste - no probs obvs with the Adidas ones - but the design of the Kappas I really liked - especially the white away / 3rd kit 😁

I liked the design of the kappa kits & the quality to be honest, it was just that they weren't particularly forgiving to those of us without the body of a Greek God!!
I didn't particularly like the adidas ones - the Gillingham Wembley one was the best but I don't like green on our kits. The others were just bog standard generic ones you could buy from the Adidas Team Kits catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.