NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 554 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonay - Nandy has, in her own statement - trumpeted and taken credit for making our take over more rigorous than it needed to be - it's in black and white.
You can argue and rightly so IMO that these checks should be made.
That, yet again, Wigan Athletic is subject to make it up as you go along rules is wrong and could have put the transaction at risk.
If the EFL as a consequence of Nandys demands required the same checks and balances on all current and subsequent potential club owners then fair enough.
They won't so yet again it's one rule for us and one for everyone else.
That just doesn't sit right with me - everyone should be treated the same

I struggle with your response when it's so contradictory. You say:

making our take over more rigorous than it needed to be -, BUT
You can argue and rightly so IMO that these checks should be made

If the EFL as a consequence of Nandys demands required the same checks and balances on all current and subsequent potential club owners then fair enough. BUT

You don't know what the EFL will do. I presume that (triggered by Wigan's plight) her demands re EFL checks are as Shadow FS. So, we don't know that everyone won't be treated the same ........... you just assume so.

Thing is with polarisation is that some seem to expect respect for their favourites but show little or none to opposition MPs. Both are as bad as the other and I include myself in that. Show a bit and you might get a bit back.

Some chance.

Let's just remember, that Lisa Nandy also represents the Rugby League fans of the Borough. Some of them might have been worried that they were going to be stitched up by any sale. As an MP, she was representing their views as well as those of Tics fans.
See i understand what you say , but im not concerned about wigan rugby or their fans
My only concern is for wafc and our future ,now im glad its all but sorted and everything is intact
With our owners owning the stadium has it should be,but it could have been a disaster had certain people got what they wanted,and i fear pollard wasn't concerned about wafc
He only wanted and he said it the stadium and training ground and would have done anything to get it
Fortunately for us he did not and that's why alot of us could not trust him or his so called plans

See i understand what you say , but im not concerned about wigan rugby or their fans
My only concern is for wafc and our future ,now im glad its all but sorted and everything is intact
With our owners owning the stadium has it should be,but it could have been a disaster had certain people got what they wanted,and i fear pollard wasn't concerned about wafc
He only wanted and he said it the stadium and training ground and would have done anything to get it
Fortunately for us he did not and that's why alot of us could not trust him or his so called plans
Bicky, I actually agree with your concerns re Lenegan. However, that doesn't mean that Lisa Nandy was representing his wishes ... just those of the rest of her constituents.

Last edited:
Plenty fans over the years done plenty of helping. Like. Doing the concrete. Terrace at old Springfield. Park. Start of then northern prem years. Then the massive ground work. In. 1978. When we got in the league. When nobody expected. It.
loads of volunteers.

Me and Jeffs right painted the lines and numbers on the car park at Springfield Park one close season.
I cleared the snow/straw off the the pitch that year and did the Cashtrail/Saturday Yankee etc for over 10 years collecting about £100 a week, prior to DW taking over.
I have donated to both crowdfunders and bought the T shirt, stickers and match tickets etc.
There are loads that have done their bit over the years and all of us will continue to do so if needed.
Its always been a roller coater ride either on or off the pitch watching Latics.
The good times will hopefully be back and this last 9 months will hopefully become a distant fading memory.

I struggle with your response when it's so contradictory. You say:

making our take over more rigorous than it needed to be -, BUT
You can argue and rightly so IMO that these checks should be made

If the EFL as a consequence of Nandys demands required the same checks and balances on all current and subsequent potential club owners then fair enough. BUT

You don't know what the EFL will do. I presume that (triggered by Wigan's plight) her demands re EFL checks are as Shadow FS. So, we don't know that everyone won't be treated the same ........... you just assume so.
It's quite logical and seems you get that from your response.
There's a significant difference at play here between what's right / wrong and should happen and what's only happened to us. Turns out some of which has been instigated by our own MP.
That we have not been treated in the same manner as current or future club owners (and I will assume away that the EFL will not change this - what will they call it - the Nandy rule ? 😂 If they do adopt it I will gladly apologise !)

Quite liked the Kappa ones meself

Did you "turn to the left" ? all makes sense now 😉🤣
Kappa take second place for sure. Adidas will always be number one for me though. Not just the shirts but the training gear is great quality as well as you'd expect from such a big name manufacturer.

Bicky, I actually agree with your concerns re Lenegan. However, that doesn't mean that Lisa Nanady was representing his wishes ... just those of the rest of her constituents.
I didn't realise Lisa was MP for Bolton, Preston, West Lancashire and other egg chasing glory hunting areas 😂

I think some need to realise that Lisa Nandy is the MP for Wigan and not the MP for Wigan Athletic!She has to represent all fairly and this means both Football and Rugby equally!Whilst some on here won't like it that is what she was elected for,and like it or not she was elected by the people of Wigan to represent all!!

Bicky, I actually agree with your concerns re Lenegan. However, that doesn't mean that Lisa Nanady was representing his wishes ... just those of the rest of her constituents.
Once more i agree with you
One thing mps are good at is talking to one group nice as pie while talking to the other group as well in same breath
Afterall they need us the people to keep them safe in their cushy jobs and first with their noses in the trough

I think some need to realise that Lisa Nandy is the MP for Wigan and not the MP for Wigan Athletic!She has to represent all fairly and this means both Football and Rugby equally!Whilst some on here won't like it that is what she was elected for,and like it or not she was elected by the people of Wigan to represent all!!
So would she get involved if Man U or Liverpool were in trouble 😂
Sorry exiled this is about Latics the rugby and their rent under payment is a sideshow
When Lenegan was positioning himself to take the stadium did she oppose this as that move and subsequent statements from him confirm he didn't give a flyer about Latics 🤔

Me and Jeffs right painted the lines and numbers on the car park at Springfield Park one close season.
I cleared the snow/straw off the the pitch that year and did the Cashtrail/Saturday Yankee etc for over 10 years collecting about £100 a week, prior to DW taking over.
I have donated to both crowdfunders and bought the T shirt, stickers and match tickets etc.
There are loads that have done their bit over the years and all of us will continue to do so if needed.
Its always been a roller coater ride either on or off the pitch watching Latics.
The good times will hopefully be back and this last 9 months will hopefully become a distant fading memory.
Facts those too Johnny.

So would she get involved if Man U or Liverpool were in trouble 😂
Sorry exiled this is about Latics the rugby and their rent under payment is a sideshow
When Lenegan was positioning himself to take the stadium did she oppose this as that move and subsequent statements from him confirm he didn't give a flyer about Latics 🤔

You're not this thick. She's supporting the sporting clubs in the borough. Not the clubs supported by her constituents. Come on mate, at least be reasonable.

For what it's worth, I agree re your concerns re Lengan's intentions ... but neither of us know how
a) whether or not she believed his interest to be genuine or not, and
b) how she'd have reacted if/when she found out that it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.