NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 555 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not this thick. She's supporting the sporting clubs in the borough. Not the clubs supported by her constituents. Come on mate, at least be reasonable.

For what it's worth, I agree re your concerns re Lengan's intentions ... but neither of us know how
a) whether or not she believed his interest to be genuine or not, and
b) how she'd have reacted if/when she found out that it wasn't.
It was an attempt at humour Moonay as was the wider constituents one - clearly off the mark 😉
Second bit correct she should make a further statement to clarify but I won't hold my breath 😁

Just a thought
How many of you if any used to travel away games booked through supporters club
Leaving from Springfield park coaches were eavesways always remember brian sabin used to sit on front seat
Low and behold if you sat in that seat little danny and chris coffey used to always be on the coach sadly both no longer with us
Now they where good days

It was an attempt at humour Moonay as was the wider constituents one - clearly off the mark 😉
Second bit correct she should make a further statement to clarify but I won't hold my breath 😁
I kind of got the intended humour, but with no acknowledgement from you (unlike Bicky) that she is duty bound to represent the rugby fans of the borough equally, I ignored it.

As for making a statement, I really don't see the point. That scenario never arose. What would be the point?

You're not this thick. She's supporting the sporting clubs in the borough. Not the clubs supported by her constituents. Come on mate, at least be reasonable.

For what it's worth, I agree re your concerns re Lengan's intentions ... but neither of us know how
a) whether or not she believed his interest to be genuine or not, and
b) how she'd have reacted if/when she found out that it wasn't.
But she once stated when admins took over she would prefer stadium to be owned by local business people and not foreign

I kind of got the intended humour, but with no acknowledgement from you (unlike Bicky) that she is duty bound to represent the rugby fans of the borough equally, I ignored it.

As for making a statement, I really don't see the point. That scenario never arose. What would be the point?
I agree though IMO she is by her closeness to Lenegan and statement today "representing" in an unbalanced way in favour of the rugby.
Whilst this is in no way a first in the sporting history of the town for either an MP or council it is more than disappointing.
Thing is given the new ownership the answer to this and many other aspects of the last 9 months will conveniently never come to light and for some will fester.
There was a real opportunity to heal old wounds through this experience- has it been grasped - I don't believe so.

Chris was one of my best mates. Years ago. Non league days. And early football league days. Before women and marriage got in the way Coffey John Elwood. Dave Walsh. Dave fletcher. Good days
Dave walsh name i remember others will be face only
Used to be merl,tex, moose to name but a few oh and robbie

I agree though IMO she is by her closeness to Lenegan and statement today "representing" in an unbalanced way in favour of the rugby.
Whilst this is in no way a first in the sporting history of the town for either an MP or council it is more than disappointing.
Thing is given the new ownership the answer to this and many other aspects of the last 9 months will conveniently never come to light and for some will fester.
There was a real opportunity to heal old wounds through this experience- has it been grasped - I don't believe so.
Given what we both believe to be Lenegan's real intentions, I'm not sure how you think old wounds might have been healed ... and more importantly, why you seem to hold Lisa Nandy responsible for it.

Any road, I don't think we can debate this much more. We seem to have covered it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.