Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 32 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky

If it was Sanson's ankle that forced his sub.

Then it had to be Sanson = Nakamba.

But by the hour mark it should've already been.

Traore - Davis then Trez - Barkley/Ramsey but dropping the wingers and just piling through the middle.

Let Nakamba back up Luis and McGinn (even though he's better suited to the attacking role) and leave Davis as the target with Ollie/Barkley/Ramsey floating around him for knock downs.

We still might not have won, but Davis was giving their defence something to think about and it began easing the pressure on us.
I agree mate apart from the McGinn bit SJM is a scrapper a ball winner he is not better further forwards

Davis has been like
I disagree he is not getting a fair shake here. Watkins is playing 90 minutes week in week out despite being a piss poor finisher. Just at the end of the game there Davis was coming into it showing his attributes but how much can the guy do being thrown on for 10 bloody minutes every now and then.

Smith did not play 2 up front then he stuck with that crap trying to get Barkley as a "false 9" with Watkins wasted out wide. Smith is trying to be too clever for his own good.
Davis has been like this long before Smith came about, everyone says he's great in training, so why haven't any of the managers (or Smith) he's been under, gave him a genuine chance? We will find out !!!

Without Watkins we’d be total shite for 90 minutes let alone just 45 like today. But I’m totally with you that the time has come to play both. Trez and Bert were a complete waste of time today and Watkins on his own versus 2 or 3 centre halves every week a great way to wreck him. Teams know if they cut him out, and they can never do it completely, we have nothing left now Jack’s off the pitch.

In bad need of someone who is of the quality, pace and consistency of someone like Harvey Barnes. Even pulling Troassard off of Brighton would be a big improvement. Even trying to get Lookman from Leipzig would be another upgrade too.

Traore is almost like a poor mans Nicola Pepe just like Joelinton vs. Wesley its another case of why on earth did of these players cost so much compared to what we paid.

We probably need to raid the bank and Brentford for Ivan Toney, because Ollie can’t be doing that week in week out.

How on earth do they manage to consistently lose their best players and replace them so easily while maintaining their excellent attacking play?

Davis has been like this long before Smith came about, everyone says he's great in training, so why haven't any of the managers (or Smith) he's been under, gave him a genuine chance? We will find out !!!

I think Davis has potential but if playing him means Watkins goes wide I wouldn't bother. Watkins is as ineffective outwide as Trez et al. are on the wings. Two up top in some form of a 4-4-2 I can get on board with. A midfield diamond might actually work us.

Davis has been like

Fair enough I'm obviously flogging a dead horse on Davis. Let's get Wesley back and see what happens. After calming down the stats show a very even game and I will take the point to be honest. It's just so frustrating sometimes we could've won against Sheffield Utd and Wolves today and we'd be bang up there competing for the top 4.

A game of two halves if there ever was one but after the break we never really got out of first gear. Martinez first class as ever and Matty Targett showing again that he’s one of the most improved players in the league. Take the point which takes us after just 26 games to 40 and move on. Let’s face it, no matter how frustrating this week has been....nobody would have predicted that at the start of the season.

It's also so frustrating that it should be so many more points, which is pissing most of us off.

I disagree he is not getting a fair shake here. Watkins is playing 90 minutes week in week out despite being a piss poor finisher. Just at the end of the game there Davis was coming into it showing his attributes but how much can the guy do being thrown on for 10 bloody minutes every now and then.

Smith did not play 2 up front then he stuck with that crap trying to get Barkley as a "false 9" with Watkins wasted out wide. Smith is trying to be too clever for his own good.

If Watkins is a poor finisher, what does that make Davis?
He couldn't finish his breakfast.
Totally agree though, play Davis to serve Watkins.
It's a no-brainer, if only to change it up.
Then they can lump the thing, as they're so keen on doing.

Jesus christ what’s wrong with some people tonight. Mike’s getting noshed, 57 is tossing Barkley . Now this.

Huh? Harvey Barnes has 13 goals this season. Trossard is head and shoulders above Trez in technical quality and ahead of Bert on consistency. Even Eze would improve us out wide.

Lets be real, how many goals from our right-hand side? How many times do we see Cash and anyone on that side link up like Targett, Barkley and Grealish link up on the left.

Fair enough I'm obviously flogging a dead horse on Davis. Let's get Wesley back and see what happens. After calming down the stats show a very even game and I will take the point to be honest. It's just so frustrating sometimes we could've won against Sheffield Utd and Wolves today and we'd be bang up there competing for the top 4.
I think we are all frustrated after such a promising start too, Bikini.........

Huh? Harvey Barnes has 13 goals this season. Trossard is head and shoulders above Trez in technical quality and ahead of Bert on consistency. Even Eze would improve us out wide.

Lets be real, how many goals from our right-hand side? How many times do we see Cash and anyone on that side link up like Targett, Barkley and Grealish link up on the left.

Just my immature humour CDX .

I think we have done well this season, We need to use this breathing space to try something different so we can adapt when things are going wrong., atm we don't have a clue.