The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand Barkley, he knows He's on trial, you'd think he'd bust a gut to impress, (he can't be that thick not to) In my opinion I would'nt sign him, keep him till the season ends and ship him out. He's the type of player that with age the lazier He'll get or he'll turn into a sicknote.

They train 5 days a week ,and Deano sees every ball kicked. It is up to the squad players in training to prove they are worth a place in the side.

5 days a week? Is that why they all look so shattered? :halo:

With Barkley I don't think it's intentional. It's just the way his mind works. Some players are up for it for every second of the game; they concentrate on what's happening and move accordingly. Watkins is a good example; he's always on the move looking to get involved. Barkley is more a type who waits for the right circumstances to crop up.

It's down to what we need. I don't think that's what we need.

I would drop Barkley and Mcginn play Grealish in the middle for Barkley and Sanson replaces Mcginn and play Anwar on the left.

Covid ? Who knows.

10 first team players were covid infected not just Anwar and yet he is the only one who gets dropped ! I think it's obvious covid isn't the reason in the first place and even if it was, all the first team members are back and him despite being in form before being dropped still does not start and gets replaced by an out of form player :clap:

I can't understand Barkley, he knows He's on trial, you'd think he'd bust a gut to impress, (he can't be that thick not to) In my opinion I would'nt sign him, keep him till the season ends and ship him out. He's the type of player that with age the lazier He'll get or he'll turn into a sicknote.

Forget about performing well. He does not even look like he is trying hard. If he wants to get his career back on track and hopes to be in contention for the Euros, then the very least you would see is him trying to bust a gut like you said.

Despite that I am willing to give him a chance before I put him in the shite category until the season ends. However, no way he should be starting. He needs to come off the bench and show he is back in form to merit a first team start.

10 first team players were covid infected not just Anwar and yet he is the only one who gets dropped ! I think it's obvious covid isn't the reason in the first place and even if it was, all the first team members are back and him despite being in form before being dropped still does not start and gets replaced by an out of form player :clap:

Depends how badly they were affected by it though. Some suffer worse than others. Like I say who knows ?

Anyway I am wondering if we are still suffering as a squad the after effects of Covid and the mad schedule we have faced.

Depends how badly they were affected by it though. Some suffer worse than others. Like I say who knows ?

Anyway I am wondering if we are still suffering as a squad the after effects of Covid and the mad schedule we have faced.

I agree that not everyone that was infected was infected to the same extent, however, based on what I have read, usually a person infected with covid recovers in about 2 weeks, and 6 weeks in severe cases, hence, considering the news of the covid infection among our players came out on Jan 7th, they have had enough time to recover and still Anwar has not started instead of Ross' poor form since his return from injury. To me it looks Dean is hoping that Ross regains his pre-injury form for us by playing him again and again.

No. It means Barkley is a good player who is out of form for whatever reason.

Firstly, if he was a good player he would not have been sent out on loan. Secondly, Melon called Lingaard shite and yet that "shite" player scored two against us whereas our "good" player does not even look like he is trying to put in an effort. Based on current performances, I know who I would take.

I wouldn't take Lingard in a million years, but I also am not all that keen on signing Barkley at this stage.

Barkley is a player with a lot of quality and match winning ability (he has won us two games after all) with a track record of being inconsistent. There's a distinct possibility that Barkley is out of form because of Barkley rather than anything else. Wouldn't be the first time in his career.

i cant see him ever getting much game time for Chelsea again maybe a few league cup games and no other top 4 or 6 club would take him so there is only the likes of villa west ham and maybe a newcastle or even palace would take him on loan after seeing him this season and the way he goes from world beater to world cheater from one game to the next no one would pay the reported 40 million that chelsea have asked for or the media say that they asked for 10 million at the most
but lets see over the next few games if he improves .put against brighton it wasnt just him it was most the out field players that was shit

I agree that not everyone that was infected was infected to the same extent, however, based on what I have read, usually a person infected with covid recovers in about 2 weeks, and 6 weeks in severe cases, hence, considering the news of the covid infection among our players came out on Jan 7th, they have had enough time to recover and still Anwar has not started instead of Ross' poor form since his return from injury. To me it looks Dean is hoping that Ross regains his pre-injury form for us by playing him again and again.

Think your time lines are a bit optimistic. I know someone who was in perfectly good health but is still suffering 6 months after having COVID so none of us really know. We’ve not been at our best since the COVID outbreak and it could still be affecting one or two for all we know. Recovery seems to vary from person to person no matter what their age or even how fit they are in some cases.

Yup my wife and I both had it at the same time at the start of October. I was fine after 2 weeks but I run a lot and it took me a lot longer to get back to where I was before I had it. My wife is still suffering from the after affects of it now.

Also these are elite athletes we are talking about so it could affect them a lot harder.

Yup my wife and I both had it at the same time at the start of October. I was fine after 2 weeks but I run a lot and it took me a lot longer to get back to where I was before I had it. My wife is still suffering from the after affects of it now.

Also these are elite athletes we are talking about so it could affect them a lot harder.
Your probably right, just a shade off 100% could make them look off it but in saying that they have fitness levels tests every day or whatever to monitor them that's what those e bra things are for.
I would assume the club know who is fit and wouldn't be playing a semi-fit player, Newcastle left StMaximum out for weeks. We haven't had to do that so you have to assume the 19 players in the matchday squad are fit to play and the 11 who start have to be 100% surely

Your probably right, just a shade off 100% could make them look off it but in saying that they have fitness levels tests every day or whatever to monitor them that's what those e bra things are for.
I would assume the club know who is fit and wouldn't be playing a semi-fit player, Newcastle left StMaximum out for weeks. We haven't had to do that so you have to assume the 19 players in the matchday squad are fit to play and the 11 who start have to be 100% surely

You would think so , but 6 days in 18 days must take it's toll , no matter what the stats say.

Status
Not open for further replies.