Swansea | Page 15 | Vital Football

Swansea

We should of took hourihan, im sure he wld of come to us over swans at the time. And an attacker too.
We will kick on again, but it must start with beating stoke which wont be easy, after that we have 4winnable games. The worry is its the whole mid (bar skipp) and up too that are well out of form
By time we have those winnable gameswe might be out if top two. Also I thought millwall and Boro were winnable. This recent norwich side can't pass, can't shoot and can't attack with pace

By time we have those winnable gameswe might be out if top two. Also I thought millwall and Boro were winnable. This recent norwich side can't pass, can't shoot and can't attack with pace
Our shooting stats have been awful all season, now its caught up with us

Im hoping its a little blip, most teams have them, but we need to kick on again and cement a top two place
Can DF motivate them?

If it is to be 4-2-3-1 then get Hernandez-cabtwell-emi as the three. Placheta isn't doing it and McLean and vrancic aren't number 10s

I know its pathetic management that is
I mean what manager makes a change and wastes time when his side are losing and need to build momentum. I know I'll stop tgst and waste the time by throwing on a player who has had about 5 minutes of football in last 3 games

We should of took hourihan, im sure he wld of come to us over swans at the time. And an attacker too.
We will kick on again, but it must start with beating stoke which wont be easy, after that we have 4winnable games. The worry is its the whole mid (bar skipp) and up too that are well out of form

I would like to see Sorensen next to Skipp next game.

Plenty of first team places up for grabs after that performance.
Unfortunately it looks like only an injury will keep McClean out of the side.

Agreed SC.

xavi/gianno left back
Mumba could come in at right back

Sorensen/Tettey coukd come in to central midfield a long side Skipp

Emi in for McLean
Hernandez could come in for Placheta
Martin could come in for Cantwell

Idah....I guess or even Soto could come in for pukki

It just goes to show how pathetic and bad our recruitment has been if we are thinking about playing and being dependant on ageing Tettey yet again

We're disappointed we lost this game. It was the spotlight game on this level between two really good Championship sides - a home game for Swansea against us with our third game in six days - so everything has to work to get away with a result.

It was a tight game and we were a bit on the front foot in the first half and pretty close to making things happen with a good through pass of Cantwell to Pukki, but Swansea are always dangerous out of counter-attacks.

'I got the feeling we controlled their counters but sometimes they have a set-piece and on this level you have to make sure that you are not there with the first mistake. Football is often a game of mistakes and we made the first big one before the first goal.

'When you offer something a player like Ayew has the quality to punish you. The second half was more or less the same.

'For the goal, we unnecessarily gave the ball away and were then quite open. Hourihane, with his quality, was able to punish us with a strike out of 30 yards.

'When you're then playing against the best defending side in the league and they can concentrate on defending 2-0 up, we tried everything and changed the formation two or three times and brought many offensive players on the pitch.

"The lads showed great mentality to go until the end. There was no disappointment on the pitch and although it's difficult to turn this game, they kept trying. We didn't find the solutions in the box to score a goal.

"There were a few penalty incidents but the referee wasn't willing to give something.

"I wasn't pleased with the mistakes today and they were the reasons we lost the game.

"Congratulations to Swansea and we have to accept this because on this level when you make the first mistake you will lose such a tight game.

"In the first game against them, they made a small mistake and Marco Stiepermann punished them and that's why we won that game. Today it was our mistakes and Ayew and Hourihane punished us."

"In the period they scored in the first half, we were more and more dominant. To get this setback was difficult and you speak about how to improve and create a bit more, then you get such a sucker punch.

"We were a bit overexcited and Hourihane is a top class striker of a football. It was difficult to stay with the belief but I thought the substitutions did really good so I was pleased with them.

"Previous times, I've felt that substitutes weren't quite ready so today was a step closer for Onel, Kieran and Idah, so good for them to have a normal training week now as well. They need that to be an option for the first-team.

"Emi is available for the next game and hopefully Jordan and Marco will return soon because we need all our options back.

"I will allow them to feel disappointed because you need to feel this in order to be greedy to be spot on and fully focused in the next game.

"The longer the game went on, the more we'd have had chances to win the game if it was 0-0 as they'd have needed to open the game because the pressure was on them.

"The players know themselves they shouldn't make these mistakes in front of goal."

A pathetic showing which has laid bare our deficiencies in midfield and in front of goal , a display that has exposed our inadequate transfer policy ,and a performance that questions our owners and Boards TRUE desire to see us reclaim our cheaply lost Premier League place . Nothing less than winning the next 3 games ( Stoke home , Coventry away and Rotherham home ) will do , if we want to repair the damage done

Last edited:
This game highlighted the FACT that we are nowhere near ready to survive the Premier league. We must not kid ourselves because the reason that the (powers that be) keep saying we are top 26 is because they are fully aware that our club has no intention of spending anywhere near the amounts needed to bring in the quality needed week in and out for the top flight. There is only a hope by the top brass that we can bring on cheap players and at the appropriate time, sell for a massive profit. It is the clubs model and the sooner we accept this, then the less surprised we will be. On another note. I accept that all players have a bad day but Why, after such an awful first half by Kenny was he left on the field for the whole of the game (even when he made 3 substitutes) ??