The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

Not this again :arrghh:. The old Avfc 2021 team is good enough to have a player in the side who's contribution is to take set pieces.

Irrelevant as he wouldn't have been playing last night as his appearances, or as it is complete lack of them, since November prove . This isn't NFL where we have special team players.
He got plenty of goals and assists in open play too

It's not the only argument. He got plenty of goals and assists in open play

All of them set up on a plate for a free hit. He's not quick enough, skillful enough, technically gifted enough, good enough defensively to play regularly in the Premier league at the level we require now. If he doesn't score, which he might do every 5 or 6 games at this level, he offers virtually nothing.

Offers virtually nothing ? Wow.
In summary then all Connor does is get regular assists and goals other than that virtually nothing. Genius .

Last edited:
Why is this thread trending?

HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR US ANYMORE!!! :arrghh:

Tbh JPA I'm glad . Its comedy gold and brightens my day as laughing is good for the old mental health.

The latest being he has plenty of goals and assists but neglecting the mention of the fact that by far the vast majority are in the championship .

Although I do think there is more than a slight wind up going on here from some.

However seeing as I'm here.... may aswell .....

Well there were some that claimed he was a League 1/2 calibre player when we were in the Championship, which is clearly a load of bollox.
I still think he could do a job off the bench or against the lower clubs in this league, but simple fact is he wanted to go out on loan as he doesnt enjoy sitting on the bench. He wants to play every week and unfortunately for him he's no longer in our best X1. It is pointless to keep bringing him up every time we lose a game

Connor’s doing well, pleased for him. He’s playing for a team that’s where we were 2 years ago and it’s another great challenge for him. I hope he does well and is signed permanently.

I could perhaps understand letting him go in the summer but at the start of a run of 5 games in 12 days was mental and yes here we are facing into tomorrows game with 3 knackered and out of form midfielders In the team probably

I reckon he'll help get Swansea up and then score a couple against us next season. Comme d'habitude.

Wish him all the best, he's a solid player in the championship for any yoyo club.

Great to see Conor doing so well at Swansea, every goal he scores, every motm he gets increases the amount of money we’ll get for him come the end of the season. It’s not mega money but it’ll be a decent profit on the £1.5m initial fee we paid for him which, let’s face it, makes a refreshing change from making sod all on many of the players we‘ve let go in the recent years.

Great to see Conor doing so well at Swansea, every goal he scores, every motm he gets increases the amount of money we’ll get for him come the end of the season. It’s not mega money but it’ll be a decent profit on the £1.5m initial fee we paid for him which, let’s face it, makes a refreshing change from making sod all on many of the players we‘ve let go in the recent years.

Absolutely. Great for him and us. Swansea looking good for promotion aswell so might find himself back in the premier league with them or maybe someone else newly promoted or operating at the lower end. But clearly his Villa career is coming to end as we move forward into developing the squad quality.