Swindon Sheridan Roundabouts | Page 7 | Vital Football

Swindon Sheridan Roundabouts

No more than this one, yes others were culpable but your defence of Jones is ridiculous, he is a shocking keeper and given a few games this team may bond and improve but one thing is for sure Jones won't.

And your fixation with blaming is now ridiculous...they are all shit but it seems your on a crusade to just be proved right and that's all that matters. That's me done for the night, fill your boots there'll be 1 or 2 willing to pat you on the back.

Goodnight.

In fairness to Leam, he's trying to manage a team of half-fit pro's and young lads and has a very limited number of options, that wasn't acceptable tonight, but its where we're at. In reality there's a few of this team would be given more time and some we'd never go near signing

Think leam is our best option, this is his team. Don't think anyone else would know the players as well as he does. We've been better with him since sheridan left, the last two have been appalling. Need to press much more, if we can do thay we look a much better team, just not sure we have the players who can do that. Almost every team in this league knocks it long, we just need to make them rush it, so they cannot get forward and support the knock down.

The team needs more self belief and desire to attack the opposition’s goal. I completely agree that there is far too much sideways and backwards passing. The Latis ethos has always been never say die and take the fight to the opposition. This team needs to learn that and fast because we are running out of time. I am convinced they are good enough. They just need to start believing that they are.

We were shocking tonight, of that there is no doubt, but the conditions were poor and did not help our passing game. You need a plan B when the pitch is crap (so much for me singing its praises the other week!) and the wind is up. Hopefully this Rotherham lad can give us a bit more physicality up front as we needed to go more direct tonight. We need to pick ourselves up very quickly. Saturday is very much must-win now

No matter what League you play in you have to score goals and win on a regular basis, otherwise you will be at the wrong end of the table.

As been stated by other posters, experienced non-league players would be better than the squad we have at present, there is no fight or backbone in the team to dominate or control the play and be more ruthless in defence and in front of goal.

It seems relegation is written in the script, we cannot beat 10 men,
it's got to the stage, where losing is not upsetting me anymore,
i never ever thought that Latics losing a match was expected,
we keep hoping that things will get better and results will come our way.

It's a crying shame what's happened to our Club, the future is bleak,
unless we get some owners very soon, who care about the Club and give us
a team that reflects our Teams from the Non-League onwards,
who's never say die attitude won matches against all the odds on a regular basis.

Last edited:
He is quite strong at winning his duals and doesn't get bullied but he has a bad habit of totally losing his man on crosses and those lapses like tonight kill you. But he's still probably our best centre back...

I remember when people said that about Dunkley and how much better we were without him. Every time tilt touches the ball the opposition get it back, he panic's even when not under pressure. Shanks everything with both feet, the ball gets looped up the pitch as he leans too far back and scuffs it up field. Not to mention his marking is none exisitant, hes clumsy and a liability every game for us except two.

I remember when people said that about Dunkley and how much better we were without him. Every time tilt touches the ball the opposition get it back, he panic's even when not under pressure. Shanks everything with both feet, the ball gets looped up the pitch as he leans too far back and scuffs it up field. Not to mention his marking is none exisitant, hes clumsy and a liability every game for us except two.
Tilt is brilliant when it comes to last ditch tackles, but he can't pass a ball for toffee (and that's something I noticed early doors in his 1st spell). Still miles better than Darnell Johnson, mind...

Yeah Darnell wasn't great, turned very slowly, lost his man too often. Probably why we conceded so many with the pair of them playing. George on the other hand was our best player on his debut, Whelan was terrible in the two he played though.

On the subject of Darnell he's played in wimbledons last two league games losing 2-0 in both games, they lost 3-1 tonight in the flt. If we cannot score against these on sat we may as well accept relegation, they haven't won a league game in their past 10, drawing 2, losing 8. Their last win came against bristol rovers dec 5th.

Really disappointing,toothless display!
The winner was offside but the pressure on the cross, marking in the middle and keeping are all poor.

The movement and energy of Joseph,pace of Viv and physicality of Proctor would've been useful options tonight.After the red,we had no attacking options on the bench,which I feel would've made a difference in that last 25 mins.We could've sacrificed Merrie to put an extra attacking player on,further freshened things up in the final third and had a real go.But the lads on the pitch need to take responsibility because that wasn't good enough tonight.Apart from the odd spark from Aasguard,we were seemingly clueless of how to break down the 10 men,which was really frustrating to watch.

We can't feel sorry for ourselves though! We need to work hard on the training pitch these next few days and need to massively improve against Wimbledon on Saturday! Proctor and Viv should be available to give us those extra options in the attacking third.I'm also hoping Joseph's ankle injury doesn't keep him out for too long!

On the subject of Darnell he's played in wimbledons last two league games losing 2-0 in both games, they lost 3-1 tonight in the flt. If we cannot score against these on sat we may as well accept relegation, they haven't won a league game in their past 10, drawing 2, losing 8. Their last win came against bristol rovers dec 5th.
We have to go for it from the first whistle and play with some tempo and intensity

Is it time for a more experienced manager?
We tried that already, his name was John Sheridan. That went well...

We're on a hiding to nothing until the summer, no one remotely decent is taking this job right now. All we can is stagger through to the end of the season and start afresh.

I don't think the team are gutless in the main (although giving up vs Blackpool was unforgivable). I think they care and are trying, but simply aren't good enough players. It was exactly the same when we went down in 2017, that lot gave a shite as well but simply were not good enough to compete at that level.

Both ourselves and Swindon will be playing League Two football next season, we are both as shite as each other, the only difference between the teams was that we had a keeper who throw one into the net for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been saying Jones was shit for years not just tonight.

No one only blaming him they were all shit but Jones is a liability regardless of what the rest do.
Think what people forget as well is that a shit goalkeeper unsettles defenders who then struggle to focus on their own job. I guarantee we'd see an improvement from someone like Tilt if he looked behind him and knew he had a keeper he could trust. A dramatic comparison here but look at the Liverpool defenders whenever Alisson doesn't play. It's the same for any defence with a shit keeper.