👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 11 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

If it was all about the money, they could easily have raped the business, not re-invested profits in the infrastructure and easily have taken 3-500 mill out of the business - but they haven't. They took the longer term view.

On the flip side, they've invested in infrastructure in order to increase overall value and could then pull out far more than 500 as a result if they sell if I understand things correctly?

Do agree the insistence on spending on shiny new players isn't always correct, most would have had Sissoko sold and replaced with literally anyone and we'd have been most likely weaker for it IMO. Most of the people over the last few windows that we've been linked with who people on here have said "just get it done Levy" have failed to make much of an impact elsewhere.

In fact who was the last player we were linked to who turned out to be a worldie? Used to happen quite often in Hazard, Aguero, Suarez times.

Barkley has probably been biggest miss in recent times but he's a long way from world class.

On the flip side, they've invested in infrastructure in order to increase overall value and could then pull out far more than 500 as a result if they sell if I understand things correctly?

Do agree the insistence on spending on shiny new players isn't always correct, most would have had Sissoko sold and replaced with literally anyone and we'd have been most likely weaker for it IMO. Most of the people over the last few windows that we've been linked with who people on here have said "just get it done Levy" have failed to make much of an impact elsewhere.

In fact who was the last player we were linked to who turned out to be a worldie? Used to happen quite often in Hazard, Aguero, Suarez times.

Barkley has probably been biggest miss in recent times but he's a long way from world class.

Yep, absolutely. They've prioritised capital appreciation over cash gains since their ownership - of course they've yet to cash-in, but I personally have no problem them walking away with a billion, assuming that's in their plans for the future - the old adage, be careful what you wish for does come to mind - but so much will depend on who the new owners (if there are any) are.

My money is still on ENIC retaining control and Levy and his family trusts retaining the lions share via the voting structure.

I certainly would have sold Sissoko - so I'm guilty as charged!

As for the Worldie associations in the media - I think because they were done to death and none happened, we're see huge efforts by Poch and the club to dampen expectations - the amount of time Poch spend son expectation management astounds me.

If it was all about the money, they could easily have raped the business, not re-invested profits in the infrastructure and easily have taken 3-500 mill out of the business - but they haven't. They took the longer term view.

Long term view to make more money. They will probably make a billion plus profit by the time they sell.

There is a reason why NFL and other parties are involved with the new stadium and it isn't anything to do with the club winning trophies.

Long term view to make more money. They will probably make a billion plus profit by the time they sell.

There is a reason why NFL and other parties are involved with the new stadium and it isn't anything to do with the club winning trophies.

There is nothing wrong with making a profit - if you didn't in your business, you wouldn't exist.

Capitalism is all about making a profit.

Cash today or more tomorrow; more than a few have taken the 'cash today' view - which is why they can't or don't know how to build a business.

We haven't built a football stadium, we've built a 52 weeks a year all round asset that is capable of producing revenue and profits that can and will flow down to the bottom line, this increasing our overall revenues and our overall ability to pay higher fees for transfer and higher wages.

It's almost visionary, but I do understand why some still don't see it.

The age-old question rears its head once more.

Why is it that other sides have little problem making deals happen and we always struggle?

Wolves just signed a new striker.

I don't believe we have a problem in identifying the players we need. If anything i'd suggest that a number of high profile players have rejected our advances over the years.

We always seem to highlight the bad deals, or the ones that got away. I think many on here would be surprised with the number of top signings we've got right.

It's a loan deal for Willian Jose who was offered to us last season when we had a striker problem.

Yeah...but despite the fact they downgraded their team they still manage to ge transactions completed quickly. And I know there's some sort of relationship between Wolves and the super agent but as far as I am concerned Levy doesn't operate in that world very well. Whether that is good or bad is up for debate but it hurts us on the pitch.

Sometimes I think Levy is content just being stable in the league...winning things is simply a nice bonus...
Can’t disagree USA but it’s hard to shift the belief that his aims continue to be Stadium, regular Champions League = maximum value. Sell up at maximum profit. Bye bye! Then along came Covid 19!

What we need from Levy is to remind Jose how good the signings of Reggie, Hojberg, Bergwijn and Rodon have been. Great age profile, 2 or 3 regular first teamers and can be mainstays for a long time. That's more than I can say about Doherty and the loan of Bale. It is also a great strategy bringing in younger loans like Vini and Gedson. Low risk.

Jose has now got 2 players for every position and it's now absolutely about quality over quantity, No oldies either. It's is one in and one out and we don't need more than 2 or 3 in any transfer window. That is, unless we're bringing in more players like Alfie Devine and Troy Parrott into the younger groups.

What we need from Levy is to remind Jose how good the signings of Reggie, Hojberg, Bergwijn and Rodon have been. Great age profile, 2 or 3 regular first teamers and can be mainstays for a long time. That's more than I can say about Doherty and the loan of Bale. It is also a great strategy bringing in younger loans like Vini and Gedson. Low risk.

Jose has now got 2 players for every position and it's now absolutely about quality over quantity, No oldies either. It's is one in and one out and we don't need more than 2 or 3 in any transfer window. That is, unless we're bringing in more players like Alfie Devine and Troy Parrott into the younger groups.

Good post.

Can’t disagree USA but it’s hard to shift the belief that his aims continue to be Stadium, regular Champions League = maximum value. Sell up at maximum profit. Bye bye! Then along came Covid 19!

True...but you have to be aggressive and show ambition in the league to make the CL regularly. We have not done so at the results show it.

Our league positions in the 10 years prior to Enic.
10, 11, 14, 10, 8, 7, 15, 8, 15, 10
Since then
12, 9, 10, 14, 9, 5, 5, 11, 8, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 6

You can see little dips every time we try to take that next step, mostly due to manager choices, whether they are getting it right or not there is no doubt it is better than before!

Our league positions in the 10 years prior to Enic.
10, 11, 14, 10, 8, 7, 15, 8, 15, 10
Since then
12, 9, 10, 14, 9, 5, 5, 11, 8, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 5, 3, 2, 3, 4, 6

You can see little dips every time we try to take that next step, mostly due to manager choices, whether they are getting it right or not there is no doubt it is better than before!

Fair point but we are at a critical juncture. The super league beckons, or looms, depending on your view and Covid is doing its financial damage. Those that dare now will ultimately pull ahead of the rest.