👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 13 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

The thing is having taken the plunge in hiring Jose, surely now Levy's obligated to back him, covid hit or not.

My thinking is Jose would be willing to work with a smaller squad if he has his backing with the squad ins & outs. Obviously there needs to be a bit of flexibility on both sides due to the tighter financial restrictions, however he needs that backing now, not in another 6 months time.

Levy can only now do what the finances allow him to do, unless there is a massive injection of cash from someone/somewhere - now we are just a shiny bunch of fixed and variable asset(s) with no income coming from the major part of it.

We've already tapped the BOE for a cheap short term loan and they will have a fixed and floating charge second only to the original financiers of the stadium.

So I can't see our borrowing coverage is now strong enough to borrow another penny (although Levy might surprise us all yet), so in my head, the only way to back Jose is by raising significant outside (shareholder/new placing) capital - and that in the current circumstance won't be cheap or that quick.

Especially as it looks increasingly like we may well be facing the first few months of next season, again without significant levels of fans and maybe even for the whole season.

The only way to get it 'now' is how they've crafted / forced the sale of Dele, which is what he tried to do with Ndombele, only this time he will succeed - I'm told the deal is done, except for news of an incoming that Jose wants to use to bolster the team in another position.

Unless the outlook changes or we do now sell Son or Kane (and both have now stalled on contract re-negotiations) then I think funds will be pretty thin come the summer too.

Chelsea acted not just because they had a poor run but because cash-wise even they cannot afford to miss CL football next season, and the same is true of Arsenal whose finances are stretched as well.

Last edited:
It's funny, just a few months back in the summer, Levy was being roundly applauded for the spend in the summer...

Now, those who want to defend Jose's tactics, are laying all the blame at our apparent inability to chuck all players out and start again....

You couldn't make up this shit up.

I dont want a clear out. I am so shocked at Jose that i honestly cant say we might have some class players being ruined.

I want a change of manager who can asses this team, possibly win us a cup and plan for the summer.

Jose, you are a fraud

I dont want a clear out. I am so shocked at Jose that i honestly cant say we might have some class players being ruined.

I want a change of manager who can asses this team, possibly win us a cup and plan for the summer.

Jose, you are a fraud

At the moment, all I see in Jose's tactics are a pale imitation of Fat Sam's or Dyche's up at Burnley - the bigger issue is they're better at making it work than us.

our players are so much better than that., when set up properly and encouraged to play a pass and move game.

At the moment, all I see in Jose's tactics are a pale imitation of Fat Sam's or Dyche's up at Burnley - the bigger issue is they're better at making it work than us.

our players are so much better than that., when set up properly and encouraged to play a pass and move game.
What you on about EX, pass and move, your going back to Bill Nichs push n run team, of the 60's, this is the 21 century, so with JM it ain't going to happen lol!

Some prophetic posts here as it stands now. Let's hope they are wrong by season end.

However, I think Covid has naffed us. And Levy is going to be the fall guy. I still think we could surprise the season by making top 4.

Some prophetic posts here as it stands now. Let's hope they are wrong by season end.

However, I think Covid has naffed us. And Levy is going to be the fall guy. I still think we could surprise the season by making top 4.
80, keep up with the optimism, love it, mine! I must admit is slipping a little lol!

80, keep up with the optimism, love it, mine! I must admit is slipping a little lol!

There is always a positive.

There is a big part of me that would be intrigued if we don't get either CL or EL and downsize accordingly. A real opportunity to flog the deadwood and freshen things up. 38 league games and domestic cups only.

Players like Ben White, Sam Johnstone, Max Aarons etc being targeted to build a new homegrown contingent. Players like Ndombele, Gio and Dele coming to the foreground and Son signing a new contract. Kids like Sess, Skipp etc getting involved.

Even if we didn't get back to top 4, I think we'd all feel better about the direction of the club.

There is a big part of me that would be intrigued if we don't get either CL or EL and downsize accordingly. A real opportunity to flog the deadwood and freshen things up. 38 league games and domestic cups only.

Players like Ben White, Sam Johnstone, Max Aarons etc being targeted to build a new homegrown contingent. Players like Ndombele, Gio and Dele coming to the foreground and Son signing a new contract. Kids like Sess, Skipp etc getting involved.

Even if we didn't get back to top 4, I think we'd all feel better about the direction of the club.
Couldn't agree any more there muttley, the nippers if we bring them in, makes the future look bright.

That would mean an actual plan and strategy. Which the club doesn't have at the moment.

The only way I could see your ideas happen are if we sack Jose and bring in a young manager who has the same philosophy.

I still don't have a clue who that guy is.

That would mean an actual plan and strategy. Which the club doesn't have at the moment.

The only way I could see your ideas happen are if we sack Jose and bring in a young manager who has the same philosophy.

I still don't have a clue who that guy is.
I really do think that Scott Parker would be a good candidate if that scenario comes about.

Yeah that was me Pompey. I'm into this Spurs dream team at the moment of Glenn Hoddle as Director of Football, Scotty Parker as team manager, and Ledley King as assistant manager.

Interesting thought. I doubt Hoddle's health could handle it though.