MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Plymouth Argyle h | Page 7 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Plymouth Argyle h

She was talking about Brewster then I think from what I could gather I think she’s a goalkeeper or was and she had ramsdale spot on for me

She is the former England keeper, and yes she was bang on re Ramsdale - I just wish CW would rest him now and give someone else a chance

She was talking about Brewster then I think from what I could gather I think she’s a goalkeeper or was and she had ramsdale spot on for me

It doesn’t negate my argument that she was surplus to requirements.
We all have opinions. She either says something you agree with or something you don’t.
It’s pointless!
To be honest, I just found her an irritant (though not particularly worse than most of them - male or female).

Our scouts need to have a look at themselves re Ramsdale, he his poor in a lot of departments
Who the Hell told Chris he was a great choice for £18 million.... yes!!! £18 milllion!!!!

The price paid is nothing to do with CW. He just gives the “money men” a list of targets. Then it’s up to them. We pay much less in salaries than your other PL sides, so he doesn’t necessarily get his first choice (or 2nd., or 3rd.). I’m not saying it’s the best way to do it, but it’s how it is.
Having said that, I suspect Rammers was his first choice.

That to me was the perfect sort of indication that we won't be threatening promotion next season without a serious shake up.

Fleck shite. What the hell's wrong with him? Dispossessed time and again. He never used to be.

Brewster and Ramsdale look an atrocious, unforgivable waste of money. I can hardly believe what we've done.

The price paid is nothing to do with CW. He just gives the “money men” a list of targets. Then it’s up to them. We pay much less in salaries than your other PL sides, so he doesn’t necessarily get his first choice (or 2nd., or 3rd.). I’m not saying it’s the best way to do it, but it’s how it is.
Having said that, I suspect Rammers was his first choice.
Somebody must have told him was worth a punt for £18 mill
Again £18 mill for him, really???

Somebody must have told him was worth a punt for £18 mill
Again £18 mill for him, really???

I agree about the reported size of the fee - but I think it a bit harsh to blame it all on CW.
And who knows? One day it might look a bargain! I doubt it - but stranger things have happened in the mad world of professional football, especially since the SKY money arrived.

It doesn’t negate my argument that she was surplus to requirements.
We all have opinions. She either says something you agree with or something you don’t.
It’s pointless!
To be honest, I just found her an irritant (though not particularly worse than most of them - male or female).
Tbf biggles you could say that about any co commentator but it’s how the tv companies have gone for as long as I can remember, but I will concede some are more irritating than others and that is also down to personal opinion
as I type Cheltenham take the lead against Man City with half an hour to go 😱

I agree about the reported size of the fee - but I think it a bit harsh to blame it all on CW.
And who knows? One day it might look a bargain! I doubt it - but stranger things have happened in the mad world of professional football, especially since the SKY money arrived.
Not blaming Chris at all!!!
I am blaming the people who told him that he was a replacement for Hendo
These are the people Chris has to depend on

Not blaming Chris at all!!!
I am blaming the people who told him that he was a replacement for Hendo
These are the people Chris has to depend on
Thing is Ray he performed well enough to be Bournemouth’s player of the season..fans and players and he'd also become first choice England U21’s keeper after Hendo moved up. I never heard or read anybody on any forum or experts in the media with any doubts about him. Is the Ramsdale high on confidence the same as the one we see now? If it isn’t I think it’s hard to criticise (apart from that we maybe paid too much).

I’ve had my reservations about ramsdale from day one but I kept quiet to start with thought he needed some time but the more I see the less I like I’ve been behind TT for a while now the lad just gives you the jitters the ball he dropped in the 1st half I’m sure our lass could have caught which is saying something and many will argue it’s what’s in front of him but the counter argument could also be used that he doesn’t inspire confidence he doesn’t shout when he comes to claim and doesn’t command his area which gives an extra headache for defenders when the ball comes into the box
he certainly looks poor value at the minute we could have got someone for a third of the price or less that would have performed equally as good or poor depending on your perspective but hindsight is a wonderful thing
if I’m being brutally honest he reminds me very much of George long who he was behind when he was here first time round who looked good at times but at others was just nightmare material
brewster is just a major mistake which we all know he’s one for the future and we needed someone for now we’ve just made the same mistakes we made last time we were in top division
Man City equalise with 10 to go hope they can take em to extra time

Thing is Ray he performed well enough to be Bournemouth’s player of the season..fans and players and he'd also become first choice England U21’s keeper after Hendo moved up. I never heard or read anybody on any forum or experts in the media with any doubts about him. Is the Ramsdale high on confidence the same as the one we see now? If it isn’t I think it’s hard to criticise (apart from that we maybe paid too much).
The u21 thing means bugger all to me i wouldn’t want England’s no1 keeper in our team I think he’s bobbar it says more about the state of goalkeepers in this country and the management team than anything else

Man City take the lead they ran em close but normal service has been resumed

Grey, he is a flapper, his positioning is really poor, he makes our defence nervous, he goes walk about and many more, but the one thing that is just weird, he dives for everything even, if it’s going nearer the bloody corner flag, too comical to laugh at
Hendo wouldn’t have wasted his energy
Just my opinion mate

Grey, he is a flapper, his positioning is really poor, he makes our defence nervous, he goes walk about and many more, but the one thing that is just weird, he dives for everything even, if it’s going nearer the bloody corner flag, too comical to laugh at
Just my opinion mate
He’s lucky there’s no fans behind him this season the kop crucified George to the extent he couldnt be put in the firing line and I think they would be equally unforgiving towards him given the price we paid

He’s lucky there’s no fans behind him this season the kop crucified George to the extent he couldnt be put in the firing line and I think they would be equally unforgiving towards him given the price we paid

There are some small plusses for having no crowds this season.....and people are not having to spend money watching us.

Just my opinion mate
I think the question is Ray (it’s Gray by the way) has he always been a jibbering flapper or has he become one since he signed for us? I remember Hendo getting stick on here especially in his first season ...comparisons made with George Long Simon Moore etc. Eh @Bulmer1889 ?

He dunt needs crowds to be crucified these days Bully....he can be nailed up 24/7 on Twatter and even sent a nudge just to make sure the abuse is heard.

Wilder has a dilemma which ever way he goes on Ramsdale,

"The goalkeeping situation is something we have to make sure we get right," Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder said. We know a lot about Aaron, we've watched him develop on loan at Chesterfield and then AFC Wimbledon and obviously we've watched him this season too.
Aaron is certainly amongst the best young goalkeepers in this country and we are delighted to have him."

Does he admit he got it wrong or does he go with one of our other two keepers who have one game between them, rock and a hard place over too you Chris.