MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Plymouth Argyle h | Page 6 | Vital Football

MATCH DAY THREAD : The Mighty Blades v Plymouth Argyle h

terrible school boy errors, but deserve to win. positives we in the next round and at home against a winnable side:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::censored:
I think we’ve played well enough Twirls but we just know deep down that there’s a comedy defensive moment coming at some time in the game and that if it leads to a goal, players who were previously totally in control will turn en mass into that pilot in the Airplane movie.

A win‘s a win though guys, onwards and (erm) upwards! ⚔️

I thought you would've been pleased when Norwood went off Sean and also Twirls was screaming for Burke to come on did you not agree with him? I'm asking you not having a dig at you by the way.Into round 5 we go and that'll do for me,as the old saying goes dunt matter how you play as long as you get through.UTMPB

I posted get Burke on at HT mate not with 10 mins to go.

I could take the wins a win thing last season mate but not this. They were there for hammering and we needed a boost.
Didn't get one apart from Billy and Fleck.

I have to admit, that was the first time I’ve watched a full game this season.
A win’s a win, but I didn’t see anything that made me think we could beat any PL side.

Final question to Rod: what happened to all those “muck or nettles” games we used to have in the cup when lower league sides came to town? Not a bad tackle all game!
Plymouth tried to play football. Perhaps a bit too much at times for their own good, but good on ‘em. Nice to see.
The game should've been over before they scored i think Bigglenaldo and how the hell wasn't that hand ball given? I thought their lad was playing basketball his hands were that high.:LOL: UTMPB

I think we’ve played well enough Twirls but we just know deep down that there’s a comedy defensive moment coming at some time in the game and that if it leads to a goal, players who were previously totally in control will turn en mass into that pilot in the Airplane movie.

A win‘s a win though guys, onwards and (erm) upwards! ⚔️
spot on pal. norwoods pass for sharps goal was brilliant, need more of them though.

Shes a complete t w at mate.
The price we pay for fckin pc bollox.

I find Rachel Finnis-Brown is one of the better females but it was clear the only research she'd done on us was reading shite on Twitter. She said Ampadu's been excellent all season for us FFS. She's a Leeds fan as well.

The Lord was on Radio 5, he should have got the TV gig.

Can't comment on last 20 mins as switched off in disgust at the truly awful goal we conceded - which proves its not just Norwood who struggles in midfield when given a pass coming out of defence.

However, a win's a win.
Ya turned off? what were you like before our Chris at BDBL especially the season under Adkins then Germaine?:giggle: Have a lovely evening BLADES,our Gertie's says mi tea's(Dinner to posh chuffs) so i'll see ya'll laters.UTMPB UTMPB

We made hard work of that, but it's cup football, all about the win. Wilder's bete noire Bristol City next.

A clean sheet for Ramsdale and a goal for Brewster would have been a big bonus. You've got to pinch yourself after watching that they cost 40 million quid.

I thought Billy and Ampadu were fantastic, but Fleck was my MOTM.
Didn’t think Fleck was that good today.
At times I thought he was hardly interested in what was going on.

Thought she was ok Rod, but that was a school girl error
I've no problem at all with women doing sport commentaries or presenting Germaine,i have said before in my opinion two of the best in the business are Gabby Logan and Claire Balding they are both superb but this loon whoever she is, was rubbish but not rubbish enough to make me switch off.:giggle: UTMPB

Fleck is slowly getting some form. However Norwood ( I will give him the one good positive pass) and Lunny are Championship standard. Positives Ampadu, Fleck, Stevens, Bogle, Burke and Billy. Shame Billy is too slow for the prem.

An OAP up front shouldn’t be MOM, but, he was
That was like watchin the movie psycho
Enjoyable at times, then , getting scared shitless!!!!

I find Rachel Finnis-Brown is one of the better females but it was clear the only research she'd done on us was reading shite on Twitter. She said Ampadu's been excellent all season for us FFS. She's a Leeds fan as well.

The Lord was on Radio 5, he should have got the TV gig.

I don’t understand why we needed any “expert” at all. The only people watching that game today would have been dedicated Unitedites or Argyll fans - all of whom, could make up their own minds about what they are watching - just as they do when watching a game live.
Just another example of the BBC wasting the licence payers’ money.
It used to be “jobs for the boys”, now it seems to be “jobs for the girls” (and all the other combinations we seem to have nowadays).

We made hard work of that, but it's cup football, all about the win. Wilder's bete noire Bristol City next.

A clean sheet for Ramsdale and a goal for Brewster would have been a big bonus. You've got to pinch yourself after watching that they cost 40 million quid.

I thought Billy and Ampadu were fantastic, but Fleck was my MOTM.
Yes agreed it looks like Fleck is slowly getting there as is Ampadu, but I can’t think who we are we going to play in CDM against ManU/City? Same goes for Egan’s replacement.

I don’t understand why we needed any “expert” at all. The only people watching that game today would have been dedicated Unitedites or Argyll fans - all of whom, could make up their own minds about what they are watching - just as they do when watching a game live.
Just another example of the BBC wasting the licence payers’ money.
It used to be “jobs for the boys”, now it seems to be “jobs for the girls” (and all the other combinations we seem to have nowadays).

Didn't she say at the beginning of the match that Ampadu had been disinterested and sloppy in a previous game? I thought she was spot on.

Anyway one big plus is the emergence of Ampadu as a decent player

Nit picking the defensive side of Fleck's game was sloppy at times but on the whole it was a very dynamic, involved, intelligent performance from him. He was at the centre of what we did well in the game.
Think we’d all be saying different if the Plymouth lad had scored with the best chance of the game as he should have done when fleck just switched off and let him run into the box unchecked, prem players don’t do that well they don’t unless they play for us it wasn’t the last time it happened today either other midfielders were equally culpable

Didn't she say at the beginning of the match that Ampadu had been disinterested and sloppy in a previous game? I thought she was spot on.

Anyway one big plus is the emergence of Ampadu as a decent player
She was talking about Brewster then I think from what I could gather I think she’s a goalkeeper or was and she had ramsdale spot on for me