Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

That was a rollercoaster second half. Pleased to have shared it with you. I’d preferred to be rocking in the coop but as an exile this will be best. Got my eldest daughter home since Christmas so we are all doting on her. I’m off to cook a child with garlic bread.

Personally i’m worried sick about my mum whose in a nursing home Back in Lincolnshire. Just been diagnosed positive with Covid. Haven’t been able to see her for a year. 😞 She’s 84.

All the best Stevie.

That was a rollercoaster second half. Pleased to have shared it with you. I’d preferred to be rocking in the coop but as an exile this will be best. Got my eldest daughter home since Christmas so we are all doting on her. I’m off to cook a child with garlic bread.

Personally i’m worried sick about my mum whose in a nursing home Back in Lincolnshire. Just been diagnosed positive with Covid. Haven’t been able to see her for a year. 😞 She’s 84.
Thinking of you, Stevie.

She's back home and you cook her with garlic bread?

Hope that your mum recovers speedily and completely.

Can't wait for Tuesday, such a great game with Mapp going back there. They will aim to hit us hard from the off after today, so we need to be on our game from the whistle.

You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers, Steve. Enjoy having your daughter home!

We showed plenty of grit and determination in the first half as we fought for the right to play our football, we also showed a willingness to just get rid when their full press was on. Second half we showed what we can do with a bit of space and more desire to move the ball quickly and we ran out comfortable winners in the end despite an amazing consolation goal...

We did well to weather the early possession from Northants without conceding a goal, although their attack was pretty weak.
Thought our speedy counterattack would trouble them later in the game and we toughed it out for the win. TJ and Edun had great games, Bridcutt lucky at times, Grant's shooting not quite up to scratch. We've missed Hopper who contributed a lot today.
Should be interesting on Tuesday night to see which Pompey and City teams turn up. Can't predict that result very easily.

Overall, 2-1 was just about a fair scoreline. I was glad to reach half time with the scores level, although I don't think Palmer had a save to make in the first half. Conversely, we just had the one chance to score.

I thought Northampton defended at lot better than in the previous game.

Maybe Bridcutt did give one or two free kicks away and might have nearly given away a penalty, but I thought he was outstanding. It was him winning the ball in midfield and setting off an attack that produced the first goal. There were particularly good performances from Edun and Hopper, plus a mention for Jackson and Walsh - I thought we might struggle to deal with Northampton's set piece deliveries into the box, but both did well.

Rogers looks as if he's going to need to be nursed along for a bit and on today's showing doesn't look effective enough to be starting games.

Disappointing it wasn't 2-0, but if goals like that are going to be scored against us the best time is when it doesn't matter.

The usual amount of criticism towards the referee on here, but as he didn't give Northampton a free kick on the edge of our area (Walsh) or a penalty (Bridcutt) I'll hear nothing against him!

Enjoyed that, wasn’t too worried about our first half performance as we are a fit side and no way could the Cobblers keep that up. Games may end up like this towards the end of the season but it’s results end of.

If we do go up automatically or miss out in the play offs or get beaten in the final or indeed finish 7th it will be one hell of a successful season.

Hope she pulls through. More important than football.