NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 389 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter conversation last night

Poster "Is there only one runner in the Wigan take over. Some say they have stopped giving you info "

Nixon "Really ?"

Poster Yes that’s what some are saying.

The poster didn't get an answer BTW
And that question came from someone who posts on here!Easy to work out when you read the texts!!

Which horse are you backing then C? If it’s not to be Frampton then who else is there?
I'm backing anyone who puts the money down. I've got nothing at all against Frampton, I'm desperate for him/his backer to put the money down and prove once and for all that they are serious. Doesn't mean that I think it'll happen though unfortunately. Darren Royle is obviously still keen and credit to him for not giving up, ultimately though where is he going to get his hands on 3 million quid plus the rest?

My horse was always with the French Americans at the saddle. I said at the time that they were our best hope of getting out of this with a chance of being able to recover relatively quickly and if they fucked off then we'd be in big trouble. Nixon knew it as well. The administrators signed our death warrant with how they treated them.

At this point, I think we're fucked I really do. No fan income for the foreseeable future, the club on the way to League Two which means less TV/EFL money. We may be able to stagger through the season providing we sell Kyle Joseph/Tom Pearce/Sean McGurk, get the rest of the big earners off the wage bill and the EFL show us some sympathy. However, that's a big ask and it's more likely that we get the dreaded two week deadline before getting kicked out of the league that Bury/Bolton got when the money runs out sometime next month.

I truly believe one of two things will happen now. Either the WASC will buy the club for the £1.5m price using a mixture of the 800k raised by the fans, along with cash investments from local businessmen most likely rallied by Jonathan Jackson, with the DW Stadium sold to Pollard. This was the "last resort card" that has been referred to by Lisa Nandy in her previous interviews. Or it's all over and AFC Wigan/Athletico Wigan/whatever folk want to call it will kick off 2021/22 in the NW Counties League playing home games at Ashton Town.

I'm backing anyone who puts the money down. I've got nothing at all against Frampton, I'm desperate for him/his backer to put the money down and prove once and for all that they are serious. Doesn't mean that I think it'll happen though unfortunately. Darren Royle is obviously still keen and credit to him for not giving up, ultimately though where is he going to get his hands on 3 million quid plus the rest?

My horse was always with the French Americans at the saddle. I said at the time that they were our best hope of getting out of this with a chance of being able to recover relatively quickly and if they fucked off then we'd be in big trouble. Nixon knew it as well. The administrators signed our death warrant with how they treated them.

At this point, I think we're fucked I really do. No fan income for the foreseeable future, the club on the way to League Two which means less TV/EFL money. We may be able to stagger through the season providing we sell Kyle Joseph/Tom Pearce/Sean McGurk, get the rest of the big earners off the wage bill and the EFL show us some sympathy. However, that's a big ask and it's more likely that we get the dreaded two week deadline before getting kicked out of the league that Bury/Bolton got when the money runs out sometime next month.

I truly believe one of two things will happen now. Either the WASC will buy the club for the £1.5m price using a mixture of the 800k raised by the fans, along with cash investments from local businessmen most likely rallied by Jonathan Jackson, with the DW Stadium sold to Pollard. This was the "last resort card" that has been referred to by Lisa Nandy in her previous interviews. Or it's all over and AFC Wigan/Athletico Wigan/whatever folk want to call it will kick off 2021/22 in the NW Counties League playing home games at Ashton Town.
Wouldn't be my cup of tea if it pans out that way anything do with Pollard no chance

That's just illogical C_Latic. I could understand your scepticism re the success of any current bidders, but you don't mention them.

Your mention though of the SC buying us for £1.5m AND the stadium going to Lenegan is clearly not going to happen. If the Admins were going to split the sale of the ground from the club (which they're not) then the club then the price-tag you've applied to the club is clearly wrong.

Regardless, I'm not sure why we're even discussing this option (I'll skip the liquidation one, given the reported support from the EFL), given that we have a bidder, who appears to be making progress (albeit slower than we'd like).

Any road, jet's hope today brings good news.

You can't make this up but Nixon now saying a totally new group has arrived at the last minute ! Claims they are moving faster than others hanging around!

Why say that now before an "update". These admins are the biggest problem out of all the problems throughout all this. Only Wigan could get admins who are freaking morons, but more importantly, incompetent. Any decent administrator would have this all sorted by September. I wonder if these bidders exist, sounds more like a ploy for something else.

Why say that now before an "update". These admins are the biggest problem out of all the problems throughout all this. Only Wigan could get admins who are freaking morons, but more importantly, incompetent. Any decent administrator would have this all sorted by September. I wonder if these bidders exist, sounds more like a ploy for something else.

I know that the admins are being blamed for everything that goes wrong with the world at the moment but this post is a little strange mate, the admins have no control over the timing of any of the bids, they come in when the bidder submits them.

As for the comment about any decent administrators being able to sort this out, what experience allows you to make a comparison.

I am not defending the admins because like everyone else I think they have made mistakes, but as someone who has been through the wringer with an administration and then liquidation I can tell you things are not as straight forward as some believe.

It will be interesting in the next few months to see how many mistakes other administrators make when trying to sell other lower league clubs due to this damned pandemic.

I think it's good news that there is so much interest in the sale and hopefully one bidder will soon emerge from the pack.

The news on the playing staff is interesting and gives me hope that we will not be losing too many of our starlets

I think the reason they have issued the statement about the update on the creditors report could be due to E.mails from Wlatic regarding the minutes of the creditors meeting and the lack of a creditors committee being formed plus the lack of available meeting minutes. I have been conversing on PM with him and know he has been in communication with the admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.