The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 41 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engels being linked with half the Belgian top flight. If he does move on, we will probably see another CB incoming

Engels hasn't done especially well here so getting shot of him is a good move. The fact is Konsa, Mings and Hause are a lot better and he probably won't be happy to sit around as 4th choice.

I find this perception of Engels now rather baffling. To me, to begin with, he was one of our stand out recruitments last summer but now after a period out injured and one ghastly mistake in the Spurs home game he's now derided as awful and useless. Doesn't stack up to me!

No you are right.

The truth is usually somewhere between.

I find this perception of Engels now rather baffling. To me, to begin with, he was one of our stand out recruitments last summer but now after a period out injured and one ghastly mistake in the Spurs home game he's now derided as awful and useless. Doesn't stack up to me!

Before this covid business popped up I was quite looking forward to seeing him play tonight. Our bomb squad from last season have turned out to be pretty good so far this season - no reason why he couldn't do it too.

Surely another cb incoming if Engels is actually on his way. Unless the Revans have a stormer tonight of course.

No you are right.

The truth is usually somewhere between.

I agree with this, but players which are a bit marmite or in between are usually in that group for a reason. He’s a Hourihane of the back four, fine in the squad but you wouldn’t want him starting 38 games per season.

His lack of mobility, pace, and fitting into a back four which is confident on the ball to play out from the back and play it around just isn’t up to the level we need from what I’ve seen.

Seems to have other problems as well, whether that’s injury or attitude related I don’t know but he’s hardly ever around.

Get rid whilst he’s worth something.

Last edited:
Surely another cb incoming if Engels is actually on his way. Unless the Revans have a stormer tonight of course.

The short amount of the game I've seen he has had a stormer however I'd rather see him go somewhere for a season on loan.

He's picked up the odd injury at unfortunate times. But I thought he was great when he first played for us, better than Mings in fact. Not sure he's what DS wants, but he's a good player and not somebody to ditch without a lot of thought.

Of all our CBs he's the one with no inhibitions about putting his body on the line.

I thought he was more than alright at the start of last season, but even so I think he’s fallen well behind Konsa now and wouldn’t be able to win his place back unless there’s injuries. Could be wrong on this but Hause seems like he’s more suited to being in and out of the team than Engels as he’s a bit more of a no-nonsense centre half who can rely on his natural physicality and pace to do the job compared to Engels who needs to be more mentally sharp to be on top form

Status
Not open for further replies.