The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooks is going nowhere in January I don't think, the Reading lad is a possibility especially if his contract is up in the summer

Yes I think the summer is more realistic for Brooks. Bournemouth are looking in with a good chance of promotion so will not want to let him go. In the summer he’ll have 12 months left so probably cash in if they can’t convince him to sign a new contract

Some website reckon Brooks is worth 40m ?:stab: What am I missing ? Brooks all highlight best, twitter also going along with high figures.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...ws/david-brooks-aston-villa-transfer-19596405

Emi Buendia was available for around 25m in the summer, how he has gone on and performed this season it'll be more, but he's desperate for Premiership football I can't see him costing anywhere near 40m and looks twice the player.

Goals (Current Season) - 0:21 Assists (Current Season) - 1:03 Passing - 1:55 Dribbling - 4:11 Shooting/More Goals - 6:21

I don't know nothing about David Brooks but he doesn't seem all that to me, but I know who I'd rather on the other side to compliment Grealish, and what's happened to the summer rumours of Thauvin who is basically available for nothing from Marseille, I'm not convinced we're in for a winger at all whilst we have Traore, El Ghazi and Trezeguet.

Some website reckon Brooks is worth 40m ?:stab: What am I missing ? Brooks all highlight best, twitter also going along with high figures.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...ws/david-brooks-aston-villa-transfer-19596405

Emi Buendia was available for around 25m in the summer, how he has gone on and performed this season it'll be more, but he's desperate for Premiership football I can't see him costing anywhere near 40m and looks twice the player.

Goals (Current Season) - 0:21 Assists (Current Season) - 1:03 Passing - 1:55 Dribbling - 4:11 Shooting/More Goals - 6:21

I don't know nothing about David Brooks but he doesn't seem all that to me, but I know who I'd rather on the other side to compliment Grealish, and what's happened to the summer rumours of Thauvin who is basically available for nothing from Marseille, I'm not convinced we're in for a winger at all whilst we have Traore, El Ghazi and Trezeguet.

I think Bunedia and Thauvin would be upgrades on all the wingers we currently have, bar Jack obviously. Of Brooks I know little bar that he was apparently excellent in his first premier league season at Bournemouth. The Reading lad I know nothing off but everyone I've seen comment on this story that has heard of him seems to think he's the business.

Buendia would be a fantastic buy. Agree with you on Brooks, I wouldn't rule him out and he has some ability but he's certainly not as good as some of the fees I've seen quoted.

Buendia would be a fantastic buy. Agree with you on Brooks, I wouldn't rule him out and he has some ability but he's certainly not as good as some of the fees I've seen quoted.

The English tax. Get a player of the same ability from any other country and they're always 10m or so less.

No idea where they get these fees from, could be due to the fact Bournemouth were established in the PL and Norwich always looked like going straight back down, so perhaps would cash in. Brooks is also British which seems to add a few million on.
Not seen Brooks play this season but before his bad injury he looked brilliant. Pace, good range of passing and seemed to have a good football brain. Can play central as well as out wide. He looked a bit off it last season but sounds like he is getting back to the level he was at before that injury.
I don’t take any notice of these 5 minute YouTube videos. They can make anyone with a few tricks look like Messi. I like Buendia as well, but would guess they’d be a similar fee. Don’t see either of them leaving before the summer however

The English tax. Get a player of the same ability from any other country and they're always 10m or so less.
That's because you waste the first 18 months whilst they get used to the speed of the English game, the language and culture barriers etc I mean look at Douglas now to when he joined, different player since he learnt "man on":grinning:

I know pundits rave about Brooks but whenever I’ve seen him I’ve thought he’s a bit so-so, too light weight and very injury prone. I think Bournemouth were one of teams who always looked nice but were often not actually that effective

Last edited:
That's because you waste the first 18 months whilst they get used to the speed of the English game, the language and culture barriers etc I mean look at Douglas now to when he joined, different player since he learnt "man on":grinning:

That's why I liked Buendia so much, He bettered Grealish in the Championship in his very first season in England, which makes him sort of a special player, and this seems to be the season if he stays until the summer he'll be in and around 30 goal contributions if he carries on his form.

@garygaryshaw I actually think it gives you a good indication, everything you said about Brooks I can see from the video, but for me he just looks like a Championship/lower table Premiership level, Like you say these videos can make anyone look class, and it simply doesn't.

I like his range of passing, his eye for a players movement and he could certainly could challenge Trezeguet, but we're now aiming for a top 6 push for me, which means we need players with incredible amounts of talent, like you take a look at Michael Olise at 19 and he does look like a future star in the making, he already has a good physique and that will only get bigger/stronger and faster.

I'd throw upto 25m at Olise, these types of players don't come around very often by the looks of him.

@JW1985 Totally agree Buendia and Thuavin would be a step above to what we currently have, I just don't see us making moves and as much as I'd love us to buy even better players especially to match Grealish's ambitions to stop him leaving, But I think Deano will keep the faith in Traore until at least the summer, and just like Samatta we might see him leave, his purchase never made sense to me, and more of a fill gap because we were relegation battlers and couldn't attract better players at the time, I think if Deano knew El Ghazi and Trezeguet would step up as much as they have I doubt we'd even go in for Traore until we are in a position to really push on, He might still be a big hit but so far he's very hit and miss.

That's why I liked Buendia so much, He bettered Grealish in the Championship in his very first season in England, which makes him sort of a special player, and this seems to be the season if he stays until the summer he'll be in and around 30 goal contributions if he carries on his form.

@garygaryshaw I actually think it gives you a good indication, everything you said about Brooks I can see from the video, but for me he just looks like a Championship/lower table Premiership level, Like you say these videos can make anyone look class, and it simply doesn't..

Well I actually mean certain types of players look world beaters on them. Watch a video of Adel Taaraabt and you’d think he was Zidane, Messi and Jack rolled into one. I always prefer to trust my eyes from watching them play. Just my opinion though, they could all turn out to be shite

Brooks is a great player, but probably a step down from Barkley. I think we should always be looking to sign players better than the ones we have, not fall into the Lerner days of letting the best go and replacing them with Steven Irelands.

I wouldn't say no to Brooks but it wouldn't fill me with the same kind of excitement as if we signed Alli or Loftus Cheek.

Brooks is a great player, but probably a step down from Barkley. I think we should always be looking to sign players better than the ones we have, not fall into the Lerner days of letting the best go and replacing them with Steven Irelands.

I wouldn't say no to Brooks but it wouldn't fill me with the same kind of excitement as if we signed Alli or Loftus Cheek.
I think 'great' is a bit OTT to be honest mate.

Obviously the clip of Olise is his, "best bits" but I must say I was seriously impressed. That lad is confident and very skillful. I would really like him on our books

Last edited:
Yes I think the summer is more realistic for Brooks. Bournemouth are looking in with a good chance of promotion so will not want to let him go. In the summer he’ll have 12 months left so probably cash in if they can’t convince him to sign a new contract

I take your point and I could see it could well happen. However, we're in a strong position with the money we have behind us. In a depressed market, Bournemouth may well be in a position were a decent offer couldn't be refused. They're obviously losing money weekly but we have the financial clout to take advantage.

I know some of you take youtube highlights with a pitch of salt, so perhaps these ratings from both players will help between Emi Buendia and David Brooks.

Apparently David Brooks one glaringly obvious weakness is his defensive contribution, whereas Emi Buendia is one of the best for an attacking winger.

If you asked me at the start of the season if I thought David Brooks would be a good signing I'd take it, but with how the team are playing now we really need a player that compliments the team, because I really think we're just a couple of players away from being a top 6 team, it just depends on who we get in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.