Manchester United-Manchester City League (Carabao) Cup Semi Final Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manchester United-Manchester City League (Carabao) Cup Semi Final Post Match Thread

22:15
'It was an outstanding performance'
FT: Man Utd 0-2 Man City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to Sky Sports: "It's for Colin Bell and his family. He helped to build something special for this club. It's an incredible victory for us to beat United away and it was for him absolutely.

"The team is ready and it was an outstanding performance. We dipped a little bit in the second half, we were tired after the game at Stamford Bridge but when the team has this mentality they can do something incredible. It's not the Champions League but four times in a row to reach the final - I'm so impressed.

"I think that was our first goal from a set-piece. Lately, we have been close to scoring on set-pieces and tonight we scored two goals.

"It's about the consistency. We didn't have a proper pre-season and that's why we need a little bit of time but I think we are already there.

"[The final] is not next week, the game will arrive at the final. We will be in the best possible condition. Tottenham are a top team but we won't think about it yet."

Team.jpg

On a spuds forum, they are glad we won, since they would rather face us than the rags.
I can only assume that’s because of our poor recent record playing them.
In April, they’ll feel differently. :giggle: