Manchester United-Manchester City League (Carabao) Cup Semi Final Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Manchester United-Manchester City League (Carabao) Cup Semi Final Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Manchester United 0 Manchester City 2
FT Stats
Possession
United 39.9% City 60.1%
Corners
United 4 City 4
Offsides
United 3 City 3
Fouls
United 9 City 6
Cards
United 2 Y City 2 Y (Fernie, Cancelo)
On Target
United 2 City 4
Woodwork
United 0 City 1
Off Target
United 6 City 4

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from City Official Site match day thread

Link

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtur...ited-v-manchester-city-carabao-cup-semi-final

21:40
FT: Man Utd 0-2 Man City

Dion Dublin
Former Aston Villa & Man Utd striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

Manchester City were the better side. They played the better football, they created the better chances. They looked more in sync with each other, the final third football was better and it was 80% City, 20% Manchester United.

United just didn't do enough in the final and Marcus Rashford was wasted down the right-hand side and Anthony Martial should have done more.

21:54
'Playing big games is something I thrive off'
FT: Man Utd 0-2 Man City

Manchester City goalscorer John Stones, speaking to Sky Sports: "I'd like to send our condolences for Colin Bell and his family.

"I think how we played today was a reflection of him. A great moment for us and hopefully he is looking down on us. It was a great occasion, another win against another of the top teams.

"[Pep Guardiola] just said 'same again, same mentality, same everything'. We dealt with the problems well and just tried to be more clinical in the final third.

"We had so many chances, great chances, great moves to get into the box and we did a job at the end of the day."

On his goal: "I was just trying to follow the ball. They had they held a high line, just to get something on it was great."

On his recent form: "I'm just working hard, just trying to play as many games as I can. I want to give everything to the team and stay true to myself - see what I can do, what I can improve on.
"Playing these big games is something I thrive off and I just want to play well."

Posted at 22:06
'It's not psychological'
Man Utd 0-2 Man City

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to Sky Sports: "Manchester City can score many great goals. You can accept that. When you concede two simple set-plays, it's very disappointing. Just not good enough in those moments.

"We didn't create enough big chances. They didn't either. We didn't have the extra finesse we've had in the games lately. We weren't good enough today.

"We played against a very good Manchester City team. They played well. When they play well you have to play very well to beat them. We were just lacking that little bit.

"We're getting closer. This is a much better version of United than a year ago in those semis.

"It's not psychological [losing in four semis]. Sometimes you meet good teams in the semis. We met, at the moment, City are probably the best team in England."

Posted at 22:06
'It's not psychological'
Man Utd 0-2 Man City

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to Sky Sports: "Manchester City can score many great goals. You can accept that. When you concede two simple set-plays, it's very disappointing. Just not good enough in those moments.

"We didn't create enough big chances. They didn't either. We didn't have the extra finesse we've had in the games lately. We weren't good enough today.

"We played against a very good Manchester City team. They played well. When they play well you have to play very well to beat them. We were just lacking that little bit.

"We're getting closer. This is a much better version of United than a year ago in those semis.

"It's not psychological [losing in four semis]. Sometimes you meet good teams in the semis. We met, at the moment, City are probably the best team in England."
If it's not psychological, why did you bring it up, Oily? We are living rent free inside your head.

Not yet, I don’t think. Somehow, they’re doing well in the league (so far). If that starts to go tits up, then the knives will definitely come out. They’ve got the dips up next I think.
They are only there because City and the Dips have struggled. They'll descend to their normal Europa league place soon enough.