#COVID19 | Page 700 | Vital Football

#COVID19

To put it in perspective...

We're the problem. Us humans. A guy called Malthus noticed that our reproduction rate meant we'd eat all the food and need to be cut back by famine, war or pestilence.

The cheeky virus mimics us. It's mutated and upped its reproduction rate. Ultimately futile - if it was a deadly virus that would just kill off its host, but as it's not that lethal we're stuck with the consequences.

Much as I despise this government, I agree that the main aim is preventing the NHS being overwhelmed. Otherwise I'd agree with Will, as my instincts are libertarian.

When we get through this, our top priority should be the way we interact with nature and with animals. Ideally, citizens would rise up worldwide and overthrow governments that went for the easy dollar - like feeding meat to cows, leading to BSE. Lucky that wasn't so bad for humans.

But capitalism is pretty ingrained. May take a long time, and more likely we'll go under thanks to human graft and greed. Still, it was nice knowing you.

Malthus doesn't really hold up btw.

Science was unanimous with what ? That we should have had a permanent lockdown from say February ? Banned all external holidays/truckers etc for the last year? I think you will probably find there are as many views as there are scientists .
Have France, Spain, Italy or even Wales and Scotland done any better, considering they all have at least population density benefits over us ?

Targeted lockdowns based on an effective track and trace programme. I think you will find Sage and advise from the majority of experts has been crystal clear.

So let's not make things up about a permanent lockdown, I know facts and numbers present an obstacle for you but the whole plan should have been about minimising and managing. Now we have an absolute clusterfuck situation we aren't remotely prepared for.

How was allowing a more contagious strain to run rampant for months before taking action sensible? How was not planning for the inevitable consequences sensible? How you can be an apologist for this shit is inexcusable.

What the fuck?

An 8 year old died today and there are suggestions that this is hitting children as well, and your first port of call is not the Government with an 80 seat majority but the opposition in a parliamentary recess?

I think you'll find Saddiq Khan is the primary reason why all London primaries are suspended next week, but to make this a "labour under Starmer are rubbish" issue is execrable
Pope you swing with the wind.

Labour have always been the party for working people. Labour have backed the tories on most things. They're sitting on the fence and playing politics.

Khan done well today but where is the leadership for the rest of the country.

Nightmare! Why isn't Labour doing more to protect teachers and our children.

Wtf do you think Labour can do? Corbyn left Starmer a party that had been utterly humiliated in the election with a huge Tory majority. There is no check or balance thanks to Corbyn and Co.

Meanwhile the old twat is busy breaking lockdoqn rules to go to dinner parties and then posting about it on social media. Between him, Cummings and a couple of others they completely eroded public trust.

Labour have always been the party for working people. Labour have backed the tories on most things. They're sitting on the fence and playing politics.

Its with the elected government.

Why not turn your ire where it belongs

Labour has consistently called for Lockdowns to follow SAGE advice. They've consistently called for more support for key workers and the poor. Even today they continued to do so.

I hate to burst your bubble but Cornyn's Labour was for the middle classes, not the working man. That's why they deserted Labour and why Starmer was compelled to vote for the deal, to actually represent the working class.

Well you wouldn’t ORF would you, you’re part of the 1% who won’t be impacted financially and are quite happy to allow the rest of the 99% of the population to be locked away to protect yourself.

You’ve been very vocal in suggesting I’m selfish for those views, but perhaps you should reflect on your own responsibility during this pandemic and perhaps think about people other than those your age.

Think it’s fair to say the young people have done a hell of a lot for your generation so far.

Will, please ease off a bit. When I made the initial comment in reply to your post I was merely inferring that in my opinion you were taking a pessimistic view of things and that I as much more of an optimist was inclined to take a different stance. Nowhere in these posts have I inferred that you are in any way selfish, I have no reason to think that.
And in reply to a couple of points that you raise here, all young people do much for their elders, mainly in the way of taxes, it's always been like that in our times, nothing new about it.
Your first paragraph is unfair. I don't like being locked away either but believe that it's the best way to defeat this problem, and how do you know my finances won't be affected? I'm very much a family man with 9 grandchildren and 6 small great grandchildren and I'm glad to take an interest in all of them. At times it doesn't come cheap either.
I learned a lot at an early age. When I was in the Army my best mate joined the RAF, he died in an air crash at roughly the same age as you leaving a wife and baby. That's what I call hardship.

Still not enough being done.
The next few weeks will be shocking.

The attack on Welsh Labour for having a two week firebreak which apparently 'didn't work' because the virus came back afterwards is ridiculous. To use it as a justification for Johnson doing too little too late - again - is nothing more than a sick joke.

I'm very fearful for the lives that will inevitably be lost and the manner in which that might happen in the next few weeks.

They are ramping up to target 2m/week by mid Jan.
2m doses a week, 2 doses needed for 60million folk, thats 60 weeks and thats 99% unlikely to be a target hit by the inept government and ;ets be honest anyone who thinks otherwise is living on planet Gog.

So lets be 'conservative', taking into account 50% of folk dont wish to take it (yet) and predict half the people vaccinated within a couple of years

How do you overdose on a virus test?

What are you even talking about? Because it isn't the same thing as we were talking about, at all

it wasnt the test they got wrong , it was the actual vaccination. They only dosed half a dose instead of a full one. My point related to the fact that they injected thousands of people with an error, a vital injection and they got a simple dose wrong. Thats seriously fooked up

Starmer is a total wet fish. No passion, drive or even an identity. It was a cold wet candidate in the first place so he hasnt changed anything. So I don't blame him, I blame the wet voters. Same as thousands of deaths should be blamed on tory voters :)

Will, please ease off a bit. When I made the initial comment in reply to your post I was merely inferring that in my opinion you were taking a pessimistic view of things and that I as much more of an optimist was inclined to take a different stance. Nowhere in these posts have I inferred that you are in any way selfish, I have no reason to think that.
And in reply to a couple of points that you raise here, all young people do much for their elders, mainly in the way of taxes, it's always been like that in our times, nothing new about it.
Your first paragraph is unfair. I don't like being locked away either but believe that it's the best way to defeat this problem, and how do you know my finances won't be affected? I'm very much a family man with 9 grandchildren and 6 small great grandchildren and I'm glad to take an interest in all of them. At times it doesn't come cheap either.
I learned a lot at an early age. When I was in the Army my best mate joined the RAF, he died in an air crash at roughly the same age as you leaving a wife and baby. That's what I call hardship.

I t is embarrassingly pathetic the whole lockdown hardship angle I agree, similar to the kids in school nonsense and the mentally ill cos yer bored n lonely angle.

Doesn't change my point. We're too successful for our own good, while abusing the environment and other species.

It'll all end in tears. This is just the start.

Beyond Pope's ludicrous efforts to blame a generation just a bit older than him, this is humanity's fuck-up and it won't go away.

Oh I agree to some extent, this virus is almost certainly down to human eating habits, and I mean largely in the West. I'm not blaming China.

He's an unwitting Tory stooge, happy to parrot their propaganda to attack the Labour party rather than focusing on those responsible, ie Boris the Butcher.
I've always been most critical about the last ten years of this f#cking Tory govt.
But I will also be critical of the opposition. If I feel they aren't doing the right thing that made me become a member for so many years.

Just imagine if Rebecca Long-Bailey had been listened to before she was sacked regarding the dangers of mass spreading throughout schools. We would most definitely be in a better position now.

I'm no Tory stooge. I'm just someone that believes there's always a better way on how to treat people.

I have and do! And I would still vote for Labour to get the Tories out. I just think I would prefer Labour to be the opposition and stop backing this cluster f#ck of sending children back to school.

They've been criticising them for months over schools but reopening is a complex situation. Sacrificing a generation of youngsters not responsible for this cluster fuck when we are is a bit rich.

If what Labour had called for bad been implemented for schools we would have had a far clearer path forward.

Again I'll ask what you expect an opposition party to achieve when faced with an overwhelming majority? I'm also curious what you think Corbyn actually achieved when he had a hung parliament and a far greater opportunity to influence policy.

Aside from voting with the government to erode our civil liberties that is, or does that not count?

I've always been most critical about the last ten years of this f#cking Tory govt.
But I will also be critical of the opposition. If I feel they aren't doing the right thing that made me become a member for so many years.

Just imagine if Rebecca Long-Bailey had been listened to before she was sacked regarding the dangers of mass spreading throughout schools. We would most definitely be in a better position now.

I'm no Tory stooge. I'm just someone that believes there's always a better way on how to treat people.

Labour have been calling for a plan and suggested courses of action since Easter...what can they do? You think if RLB had been a shadow minister the Tories would have listened to her? Lol even for you that's nuts.

The vast majority of your posts are critical of Labour with very little condemnation of the Tories. Mull that over.

Labour have been calling for a plan and suggested courses of action since Easter...what can they do? You think if RLB had been a shadow minister the Tories would have listened to her? Lol even for you that's nuts.

The vast majority of your posts are critical of Labour with very little condemnation of the Tories. Mull that over.
I'm always critical of the Tories.

RLB was more vocal about safety in schools. Way back she was suggesting other ideas on how best to make schools safer. I'm not saying that the tories were going to listen but at least she was doing her job by holding them to account. Instead of backing the Tories.

Don't get me wrong this is 100% Tories f#ck up! But Labour could and should be showing more ambition and showing the country what they would do in govt.