Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Burton Albion

By all means tell me to get grip........but this is quite emotional seeing this Lincoln side in very difficult times. If it wasn’t for football not sure where I’d be.
I think a lot of us are drawing comfort from the performances of this great side in recent months, it's certainly helped me. Let's hope they can keep it going but can deal with the emotions if it doesn't.

Bravo, Imps. Great performance.

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that the youngest side in the league looked too pacey and mobile for the oldest side but we had that ability to step up a gear if/when needed, which we seemed to do in spurts and chose our moments.

Burton weren't actually *that* bad I didn't think, but it becomes very difficult when you haven't got the pace to travel with the ball at any great speed, which is why they have to play sideways rather than vertically like us. We were a little like that at times last season - one of the points MA made fairly early on, and spoke about athleticism a lot last season.

I thought the most pleasing aspect was that lots of players were covering areas that others vacated but all still knew the pattern of play regardless of where they were. At one point in the first half we had Edun in a left winger position, being backed up by Walsh but Grant took the ball at LB etc etc.

Also interesting to note that before today's game we were second in L1 for quality of chance per shot i.e. we generally create high quality chances, but we don't rank as highly in terms of other attacking numbers.

Final point on this post - how many times was Grant surrounded and ended up Cryuff/spinning/nutmegs/drag back his way out of it this afternoon? Superb.